“Fantastic restaurant - great staff and fab food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Olive Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Olive Restaurant & Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Olive Restaurant & Bar in Manchester is a few steps off Deansgate, was voted best working lunch venue in town, but it’s great for pre-theatre and family meals too. The dining room blends rustic Italian with modern style. Think exposed brick, farmhouse furniture, cool lighting and sleek bar. Only the freshest ingredients go into the classic and innovative Italian dishes; such as handmade artisan pastas, stone-baked pizzas, lighter salads and a selection of meat and fish. We are child friendly and feature a dedicated healthy menu, make-your-own pizzas and miniature versions of any dish on the menu. Our exemplerary service is renowned throughout Manchester and we strive to ensure everyone will return time and time again.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic restaurant - great staff and fab food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I've eaten here a few times now and each time it's been great. The restaurant itself is inviting and the staff welcoming and helpful. The food is fantastic - I can especially recommend the gnocchi, and the sticky toffee pudding for pudding is just divine. I like the fact that you have a choice of two different sizes of the pasta dishes; needless to say I usuaully order the smaller size so I have room for the desserts which are fabulous. Children can assemble their own pizza - a sure fire winner.
Perfect for family outings out or for a romantic meal out, I'd recomend this place wholeheartedly.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank MrsRavi

Lancashire
“Nice restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had a excellent meal at The Olive Press, good value good quality and a nice atmosphere.
I go into Manchester very often and have tried many restaurants, and think this is one of the nicest. I have not done many restaurant reviews but plan to do so in the future as I always check Tripadvisr myself and usually find reviews accurate.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Robjan
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Olive Press-Great find in Manchester!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I don't travel to Manchester very often. When I do, I usually go to the restaurants I have been to previously. I find myself referring to Tripadvisor more frequently and on this occasion I am happy I did!

The Olive Press was outstanding! I went by the other reviews I read on this restaurant, and they were spot on! The Dough Petals with garlic butter were hot and very flavorful, a great start to our meal. We chose the garlic mushrooms in cream sauce for a starter and it was "lick the bowl clean" delicious. My main course was the rib eye steak with truffle butter and sautéed mushrooms, and it was fork tender and fabulous. My coworker's goat cheese and pesto risotto was creamy with great texture. A nice bottle of Tempranillio complemented our meal and was a great value. The sticky toffee pudding with ice cream was decadent!

If you are in Manchester, you must give this restaurant a try. You won't be disappointed.

Thank you Olive Press for a wonderful dining experience. I look forward to my next visit to your scrumptious restaurant!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Buffet11
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Visited today and what a great place. Good food,good service and a nice atmosphere. Well worth a visit.

Visited October 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Whilst there was a slight delay in getting to our table (930pm on Saturday so understandable) the service whilst we waited was very apologetic. The food, atmosphere and service then certainly made up for our wait. All in all a great experience certainly one of the best Italians in Manchester.