“What an experience!!”

San Carlo - Manchester
Ranked #172 of 2,261 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Set in the hub of Manchester's King Street West, this brand-new concept restaurant is the feather in the cap of the San Carlo group's award-winning chain of Italian restaurants. A departure from the regular San Carlo formula, the dining room boasts an open, light and airy all-white space with red accents, and a stylish bar and lounge area perfect for pre/post dinner drinks. The menu is an lavish celebration of traditional seafood-led Italian cuisine, and favourite dishes include the Scallops San Carlo; Tagliatelle Monte Carlo – pasta served with sautéed shallots and diced monkfish in a creamy tomato and white wine sauce; and the traditional spiced Italian sausages cooked with Borlotti beans.
Stafford, United Kingdom
“What an experience!!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Hello and thanks for reading our review. San Carlo located in a small side street was a party members choice before a concert - and what an experience. I like the Italian touch but this place is somewhat different. The guys in the venue are spot on and so much as raise your bottle they were there do it for you. Bruschetta to share as a starter between the four of us was delicious. The taste of something so simple was made to taste so good. My wife went for the salmon and that looked amazing - taste the same too! My lesser rating is based on a mistake where my calzone was served with a mound of tomatoes again my request to not have them. However rather than just re-plate my calzone the team made me a fresh one. So thanks. Pricing was average and I must admit the ambience of this place was buzzing. This is restaurant to place on your to-do list the next time that you are in Manchester. Thanks for reading my review.

1 Thank F1RNY

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“mmmmmmmm Almost”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

For my wifes birthday her restaurant choice was San Carlo Manchester.We were a party of 6. Although San Carlo reputation is normally spot on, It seemed an effort for the welcoming staff along with our servers to have us there , we had to ask to be served , there were mistakes when the drinks and food were served, we ordered coffee which took forever to arrive and to us and it felt a little strained all round. I assume if my last name was Rooney, or Ferguson we may have been treated a little special but just felt dissatisfied when leaving

1 Thank jack c
manchester
“Appaling Customer Service! TRY PICCOLINOS IN DIDSBURY”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We Visited the restaurant one Sat eve,
unfortunately the ovens where broken!!!
We where kept waiting for an hour before being seated (Therefore had to purchase expensive drinks from the very small bar area)think this is done on purpose) was only told when we tried to order our meal that the ovens where broken so most of the menu was unavailable.
We complained about this as we where bought gift vouchers for this meal ( Not really a gift when you cannot have what you order)I know it was not their fault, but felt we should have been advised on our arrival at the restaurant, anyway after several emails we have now finally had our answer from Stefano whom I presume is the manager he emailed and said, 'we did not force you to order from the menu, it was not our fault the ovens where broken, you should have left the restaurant and come back another day so I am not giving you your vouchers back. WHAT APPAULING CUSTOMER SERVICE EXTREMELY RUDE! Try Piccolinos in Didsbury it has so much more class, the food is so much better, reasonable prices great atmosphere and lots of lovely bars surrounding the restaurant Avoid San Carlo it is now to big for them to manage and very overated.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Kim B
roby mill
“great birthday venue”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Went last Wednesday absolutely packed at 6pm party of 9 forCheskers 21st birthday .Seated at 6pm on the only table left In whole restaurant.Service was professional and efficient but also attentive and friendly.We had three courses champagne wine cocktails and still the bill was less than we've paid in many inferior restaurants.When it came to making a fuss of the birthday girl the waiters were superb all in all a vibrant dinning experience we'll be back.

• Visited June 2013
“Okay food, rude staff, very cramped”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I would recommend this restaurant if you are a group of young business professionals, as it is very loud and very busy; tables are squashed together to fit as many people in as possible. The staff are very rude, possibly due to being very rushed, but they were very cold, unfriendly and seemed to dislike their job. The food was okay, but quite uninspired.

Visited August 2012