“overpriced”
Review of Malmaison Brasserie - CLOSED

Malmaison Brasserie
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: "In the very heart of Manchester near Piccadilly Station and Gardens, Malmaison Brasserie reigns supreme as a superlative place to meet and eat. The highly chic brasserie has sleek, stylish decor and an army of loyal customers. The staff are passionate about food, wine and service and the dining room is lit with that brasserie buzz. Malmaison Executive Chef Roy Brett has overall direction, which local chef Mark Bennett carries out beautifully. What's cooking? Inspiration is taken from great 'French brasserie-style dishes' and further enhanced with a unique contemporary twist. Dishes include char-grilled ribeye with cafe de paris butter and fine beans and salmon fishcake with parsley sauce and buttered spinach. For those of you with a sweet tooth, be sure to try the tarte tartin with creme chantilly. "
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Food average, bottle of prosecco at 40 PDS was outragious! Servicevavbit shambolic. Overall, a let down and at 105 PDS for 2 very poor value for money.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I visited the Mal brasserie with my partner during a stay at e hotel and unfortunately, I didn't have a great experience.

I chose the 'frito misto' for my starter which was ok. Calamari, king prawns and courgette made up the dish. I decided to choose the Mal pan pasta dish for main; mozzarella, basil, chorizo, tomatoes. It was presented nicely in a little pan but clearly the chorizo hadn't been included, which I only realised near the end of the dish. I didn't have a dessert but my partner did. Again, it was presented nicely, and he did comment that it was nice. I had a black forest gateau cocktail which was fine.

As for wine, we had a drink in the bar to start with and I paid £8 for a glass of dry white wine. In the restaurant, I had another 2 glasses (same wine) and upon receiving the bill, realised they'd bumped up the price to £11 a glass. I'm not adverse to paying good money for good wine but I've honestly tasted a better bottle from a supermarket and felt a little duped by the stark difference in the price.

I wouldn't return to the brasserie; it's far too overpriced for the quality of the food and the wine.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had a reunion lunch for 14 people in a private room on a Friday. Service before lunch was good and the food very good, well presented and nicely served. The wine list was interesting but perhaps more expensive than it needed to be.

1  Thank RogerB254
Reviewed October 14, 2013

On a trip to Manchester back in February we went to malmaison and were very happy with the food and service, so much so we decided to come back. Very disappointed this time around, we had rib eye steaks hat were supposed to be 250g - they were tiny. That said they were beautifully cooked. Left Hungry - we wont be back.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We walked in quite late on a Saturday night and the restaurant was pretty busy, so we were asked to wait in the bar and a table would be ready in 10 minutes. The bar is pretty good and when we were called over our table was in a good spot and the food was very good. Overall, a nice evening out...