“A return to Samsi”

Samsi
Ranked #389 of 2,246 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: SAMSI has been trading for 19 years in April, specialising in Japanese cuisine and food stuff. It began as an award-winning restaurant, which quickly expanded into four different cities in the North west of England. In response to customer request we began importing and selling ingredients in retail sizes while continuing to search Japan for the highest quality restaurant ingredients. We research every country for trends in Japanese dining in restaurants, hotels, and in homes. From the UK, we can supply worldwide reliably. Our recent expansion has been the manufacture of Japanese ready-meals in noodle, bento-lunchbox, and sushi packs. These have been developed with Manchester Metropolitan University. The taste test studies carried out by the university supported our ideal that the ready meals are restaurant quality. We not only deal with food products, but we also provide tableware to assist you in experiencing the most authentic Japanese style.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“A return to Samsi”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Haven't been for a while, but as usual a warm welcome ,great service and delicious food at a very reasonable price. My only negative point was that despite making my reservation in person and asking for a table in a particular area within, I arrived on the night to find that that wasn't to be, apparently it's quite difficult to balance tables in that way, so we were seated at an available table, can't quite work that one out. The food was as always delicious and the service was spot on!
A great evening was had and will definitely return.

“Good lunch offers”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Ate here today for a fine business lunch. The four of us opted for the £9.50 set menu and with a course being miso soup and pancakes for dessert so two 'courses' really...
But I can rate both of those highly - the sushi and gyoza were both very good as was the chicken katsu. One bonus is that if you are still hungry you can reorder one dish for free - however I must say we were full up!
The service was good for a 4 course lunch (we were in there for about an hour) and the price I felt was very good.

UK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Before 7pm but full price!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I just phoned for the early evening menu takeaway at 6.55 pm and was told that I was too late! When I said that I would leave it she said 'ok' and laughed. They obviously do not need the custom.

1 Thank glenvinian
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ordered a takeaway, small portions, but tasty food!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have eaten at Samsi for many years and always enjoyed the food and portion sizes. However i have just ordered a takeaway for the first time, and i was a little disappointed. Firstly the prices are exactly the same as the restaurant, usually takeaway menu's are slightly cheaper! The portion sizes were small, i ordered a Beef Ramen, Khatsu Chicken and Tempura Veg.

On a positive note, the food was very tasty, just disappointed about the portion sizes and price for takeaway!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best Japanese food in Manchester!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We visited Samsi for a family birthday meal and absolutely loved it.

There was a lovely, relaxed atmosphere and the staff were very polite and attentive.

The main menu is maybe a little pricey, but the set meals, bento boxes and all you can eat deals are very good value for money.

And the food? The food is absolutely delicious. Far and away the best Japanese that I've had in Manchester. It was all very fresh and authentic, and the sushi was absolutely excellent.

I'll definitely be back here as soon as I get the chance.

The Japanese supermarket downstairs is worth a look too.

• Visited July 2013