“Would eat here every week if I could”
Review of Yang Sing

Yang Sing
Ranked #408 of 2,279 Restaurants in Manchester
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Would eat here every week if I could”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Amazing food, super staff, the best place to eat chinees in Manchester. Its certainly not cheap but you definitely get what you pay for. Delicious.

TheYangSingTeam, Manager at Yang Sing, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Sue A

Thanks for your kind words and we'd love to have you in every week :) Let us know if you do ;)

Many thanks!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Worse meal I've had in ages”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Went here last night expecting great things, I'm not a massive fan of Chinese food these days but a recent visit to the Rice Bowl filled me with hope. The place was busy so we had about a 30 minute wait, I wish we had gone at this point. The menu is extensive but full of the usual recognisable Chinese dishes. I chose the stuffed steak strips in a pepper sauce and my partner the asparagus in a garlic sauce, both starters had to be ordered with a minimum of 2 pieces for some reason, the dishes arrived and the alarm bells rang, the inclusion of MSG was immediately obvious, both sat in a puddle of jelly like gloop, the asparagus was one piece cut in half yet they expected £5 for this! The steak was stuffed with something, I have no idea what as it didn't have any taste. The main courses arrived and were no better, the tofu was meant to be fried but hadn't seen a frying pan and again was sat in gloop and the garlic ribs chopped up in batter were inedible, no meat, all gristle and bone. The only redeeming dishes were the fried rice and noodles but even my six year old could get them right. We came to pay and the bill was over £70, outrageous for food of such low quality, this included a 'mandatory' 10% charge, we asked the very surly girl on the checkout if this was optional, three times in fact, she just said it's on the menu, it took a manager stood at her side to finally say yes it's optional, she was terrible. I would never set foot in this place again, awful food, high prices and bad service.

1 Thank spendleb48
Preston, United Kingdom
“Meal before the theatre”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Very expensive, however, good wine choice and lovely starters/dim sum. Having established that we liked spicy (hot) food our mains were adapted to increase their potency... hint: dried chillies remain inedible (not from a heat PoV, but from a paper-dry inedibility). Nice restaurant, but a bottle of wine and meal for two came in £1 shy of £100. Pricey, and I've had better mains from a take-away, but their dim sum is lovely.

We had to prompt for a bill before our theatre show started, despite the waiting staff establishing our evening plans early on. Unnecessarily slow service to present the bill.

Visited January 2013
TheYangSingTeam, Manager at Yang Sing, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Mike D,

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us. We're pleased to read that you enjoyed our dim sum and wine selection and will endeavour to improve our the dining experience.

We do try to ensure our guests have a full and fantastic experience, and would be remiss if we were to offer the bill prior to it being requested, however on if you are coming to visit us again in future and are in a bit of rush we will of course accommodate this.

We look forward to seeing you again,

many thanks.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Lost its edge a little but still brilliant”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We held a networking meeting there which was smoothly organised with all we asked for. Lovely buffet lunch, great food . Only feeling that the place was a little tatty in parts, possibly from the volume of consumer traffic through. Still a great place to go, though.

TheYangSingTeam, Manager at Yang Sing, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Ed N,

Thank you for leaving your feedback.

We're glad your event went well and look forward to your next visit, we do have a series of works upcoming but if you have any more thoughts/ recommendations do not hesitate to drop us an email on marketing@yang-sing.com

Many thanks.
Rochdale
“Impressed”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I've been visiting the Yang Sing for nearly twenty years and in that time have celebrated many special occasions including my 21st and my hen night. I've also made a point of taking visitors to show them the standards that Manchester can achieve.

Over the last two years I've been a few times and felt every time that it just wasn't up to scratch, especially when over two occasions despite requesting a bespoke banquet our party was served exactly the same dishes as a previous visit. Not only disappointing but also felt we were being ripped off. Hence I haven't been since and chose to try different places.

However I recently visited on a weekday lunchtime with 9 colleagues for a works celebration and we chose one of the fixed Christmas banquets on offer. All I can say is well done for turning it around. I noticed the decor had been upgraded but more importantly the feel of the food was totally different. Considering this was a set lunch over Christmas our whole group were blown away by the quality of every dish which came out. We all enjoyed a long leisurely lunch and left as happy customers.

The only negative I have is that as per other reviewers the service was hard work, we had to chase for drinks and were largely ignored in between the food courses and not many smiles to be seen amongst the staff. I would have awarded an excellent rating if the service had been better.

So Yang Sing you are now back on the list and I hope my next visit will be as successful.

• Visited December 2012
TheYangSingTeam, Manager at Yang Sing, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Mysteryguestrochdale,

Really pleased to read you enjoyed your last visit so much. We are going to continue working to improve our offering and hope that you will keep coming to visit.

Christmas is an extremely busy period and hard work for our guys and girls but we will definitely remind them to enjoy the festive season more!

Look forward to seeing you again,

many thanks.