“Never again!”

Tampopo
Ranked #176 of 2,345 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The original Tampopo: small, but perfectly formed. On Albert Square and overlooked by the impressive Manchester Town Hall. Popular for work lunches, after work eats or gig and theatre dinner. Seats 64. Solo diners, couples or small groups all welcome. For enquiries and bookings please call the restaurant directly.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

After half an hour wait we were served the wrong order – serving meat to a vegetarian. Our waiter took it back and moments later the same order returns to our table only to be taken back once more. Twenty minutes later the correct meals arrive without an apology and badly, obviously hastily cooked. We asked for the bill and the waiter asks if everything was alright for us. We said no, that the delay was unacceptable and caused us to be late for a meeting, and she responded with a “no worries, guys!” Not only we didn’t receive an apology or a discount we were also being laughed at by the inattentive, insolent staff. We didn’t have time to ask to see a manager but I doubt that anyone would have cared if they allow this kind of customer service. We had to pay 24 pounds for an undercooked, awful meal and horrible service. Never again!

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Tampopo quite a few times for lunch and had the two course lunch offer which I believe is excellent value. The food is great I have only ever had one dish which I wasn't hugely impressed by I think mainly because it wasn't my taste nevertheless it was made well and presented equally well. I have however had slower than usual service at times which is why I am giving it 4 rather than 5 as my rating. I love going and will continue to do. Great place overall.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Being a bit underdressed, decided to drop in for a meal rather than cook. No problem, more than welcome. Beers feel a bit pricey, but food is great. Personally, the platter was not to our liking but this was being changed not he menu as clearly others feel the same. Mains were excellent, in fact not had a bad mains here in all our visits. definitely be back.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Had a delicious lunch here today! Service was fast and friendly, our meal was really good value for money and the mango sorbet was amazing!

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend are frequent visitors as the food is so gorgeous, and reasonably priced.

Our most recent visit was last weekend, I opted for the 'eastern express' menu and chose Gomoku Yakisoba and Gyoza...a real steal at £8.95! My boyfriend decided to go with the Laksa and we both shared edamame. We were, as usual not disappointed with our food or the service we received. Food was fresh, service was fantastic and excellent value for money. For both of our food and two soft drinks the bill came to just under £30.00.

Thank you, definitely recommend!