“Fresh, tasty, healthy and authentic”
Review of Tampopo

Tampopo
Ranked #136 of 2,420 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The original Tampopo: small, but perfectly formed. On Albert Square and overlooked by the impressive Manchester Town Hall. Popular for work lunches, after work eats or gig and theatre dinner. Seats 64. Solo diners, couples or small groups all welcome. For enquiries and bookings please call the restaurant directly.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Having walked past hundreds of times, I eventually are here recently and wish I had tried it sooner. The menu is more interesting than Wagamama and has a wide variety of popular dishes from South East Asia. The portion size of my chicken satay was small but the main course filled me up. They also do a set menu during the daytime which is excellent value. If you don't fancy a beer, try the home made lemonade as a refreshing alternative.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is nice restaurant with a nice atmosphere. Service is quick and good menu options. Never had a bad meal here.

1  Thank Della C
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I don't like these types of restaurants where everybody is thrown together on rows of bench seats, but this has not put me off visiting again and again. The food is excellent.

2  Thank HonestMan999
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Have just eaten here with my best friend and was so impressed I had to comment straight away. The restaurant seated us immediately, lots of space and a great atmosphere. The waitress was really friendly and offered to explain the menu to us which we politely declined, the menu is very extensive and clearly written. I ordered a one chilli beef stew which I asked to be made quite spicy and it absolutly delicious, I have eaten the real thing and this was a very authentic version! Generous portions and attentive waitresses. Value for money was great, three courses plus drinks and coffee for less than £50!

This was my first trip here but it will not be my last, so many more things to try on the menu.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Could happily eat here every day. Wide range of different dishes from across Asia, all freshly prepared and delicious.