“Dim sim dim sum of my heart....”
Review of Pacific

Pacific
Ranked #873 of 2,298 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Dim sim dim sum of my heart....”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I was recommended this place by one of my Chinese students a couple of years ago, and since then I've eaten here a zillion times! Never to be disappointed.
Has to be said that I've only been for dim sum so I cannot comment on other dishes.
The place is totally shabby, it reminds me so much of authentic Chinese restaurants back in China, so that was already a plus for me... yuppii!
the menu is extremely large, written in Chinese with some bad translation in English. I'm surprised to read that some people found the staff racist, because they've always been more than pleased to try to explain what the dishes were. Anyway... I've tried almost everything, from tripe to most common shrimp steamed dumplings. One of my favourites is surely congee with liver, which the waiter was very worried about serving to us because "it's too strong for non Chinese"... he was pleasantly surprised when we told him that we absolutely loved it! What a nice chap.
I cannot comment on the single dishes because, by now, I've tried the whole menu and I seriously think this is the best dim sum place I've ever been to outside of China... obviously.
Inexpensive as well. Don't expect any type of grandeur, but the food speak for itself.
Can't wait to be in Manchester again to go back! :)

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank ellie79

“Good food, good service.”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Eaten here several times & always enjoyed it. It's had its FSA star rating upgraded from a 1 to a 3 which is good to know. The decor could do with an upgrade as it is several years since it was decorated.
The menu has recently changed, there appears to be a smaller menu now, which is a shame. The staff are always very helpful & will advise you on dishes based on your likes & you could always ask them to get you something off the menu, which can be good.
Service is included, value for mine is good.
We'll be back.

• Visited May 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“This Restaurant is Racist !!!! read to find out why”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

So a lot of Chinese Restaurant`s operate two menu`s ,one is in English with dishes we know and have been brought up with in the uk with lots of e numbers in the sauce etc etc

and then there is what i call the Chinese Chinese menu , which is completely different more healthy more tasty , and bigger portions too its true , maybe not in your local Chinese but defiantly
in the better quality ones . and yes i always ask for the Chinese Chinese menu , well this restaurant refuses to print it in English !!!!!!! , when i asked why i was told that some of there older Chinese clients don't like or want it printed in English , so what the hell are they doing wanting to live in uk please check out what i say in your local Chinese you may find out your being denied more tasty healthy food , because your English ,
also this restaurant used to serve thai food upstairs but no longer does
also the service and attitude were not so hot , i confronted the owner about there racism
she seemed to think it was funny , i didnt dont think we will be goes back there
also the place is on the 2nd floor lift was not working , and the staircase was not so clean

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank liam p
“Nasty”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The food was absolute hell. So bland! Definitely avoid this place.. service was bad and took ages for my food to come. My steamed dimsum came out cold. Do not come here.. trust me, i'm chinese!

• Visited April 2014
Rochdale
“Authentic Dim Sum”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I agree with other reviewers that the service leaves a lot to be desired, however the lunch time dim sum menu is really good.

Ate my fill with two glasses of white wine for less than £18.00.

Plenty of authentic choices and very busy even though it was a very late lunch.

• Visited March 2014