“Still as good !!!!”

New Emperor
Ranked #1,556 of 2,246 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Yorkshire
“Still as good !!!!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

is this our 4th or 5th visit for new year ?
How nice ! didnt book , just turned up .
Full ! but still got a table . looked at previous reviews , you sure your at same restaurant ? as for toilets ? i use them before during and after ? not found a problem as previously mentioned ? maybe they clean them for me as they know im ocd !!! food , service , quality and price . Brilliant ! prawn,peanut & pork steamed dumplings . Beef & ginger balls, crab & sweetcorn soup , Belly pork (as always) pork liver & chicken with fried rice ( our new favourite ) bottle of wine & 2 sambukas £43 inc 10% service charge . What a feast and good start to 2013 .

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Have a look in the toilets before you order!!!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

If we had I would never have ordered... I always think if they will let the loos get in that state what's the hygiene like in the kitchen!!!

I could only look at the Gents and the Disabled loos as no girls in our party.... But they were a disgrace .. I doubt they had been cleaned in 2012!!!!!!!

Having said that the food and service was ok .... Ill never go back though!!!!

• Visited December 2012
“Avoid if busy”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

we went to the new emperor restuarant because we have been before and it was lovely.on the 15th of December it was a busy night so we had to wait 15 mins which was no problem,we hadn't booked.we were placed by the door which was freezing.we sat for 10 mins with no drinks and our starters arrived 10 mins apart.the rice was sent out earlier than the meal again our meals arrived 10 mins apart.my partner complained his rice was cold when his meal eventually arrived,they microwaved his rice.we complained and the manager reduced our bill.i wouldn't go there again I was gutted it was a special night

Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Good food but service can be hit n miss”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We've been here a few times now. We have been in for lunch to have Dim Sum and that is beautiful, fresh and tasty.
We've also been for the main menu and had a feast for 4 which was quite good value for the amount of food we got. The food again was definitely fresh and very tasty but the menu is a little more varied than other places, but still not ground breaking. That being said, it looks like the Chinese visitors order form another menu so I'm sure you could ask for that.

The service has been a different story. A couple of times it has been fine with no problems but one time we asked for a bottle of Piesporter wine, she brought us a Shiraz. We explained what we'd asked for was a white wine. She brought us a Chardonnay. My wife went to help find the right bottle but they basically presented us with just the two choices above!!
The other time for the feast the service was SO slow between courses. Now, In a feast-type thing I know you don't want to be rushed but I was actually getting hungry between courses!!

Overall, I'd definitely give it a go. If you're in at lunch try something a little different and get the dim sum menu.

• Visited November 2012
Groenekan, The Netherlands
“Chinese for the Chinese and us.”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Always good to see lots of Chinese in a Chinese restaurant. This place is not an exception. All fresh food and very well cooked, the chef(s) have a classic asian cooking background, you can tell. We were part of a group and even then I was surprised by the quality and price. I have been in a lot of places like this, this one stands out because of the value. The only thing I could put a negative note to is the clumsyness of some of the staff. But that can also be quite entertaining, depends on how you look at it.

Visited November 2012