“Excellent food, great value for money”

The Lime Tree Restaurant
Ranked #110 of 2,398 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Four of us had an excellent meal here yesterday, July 7th.
We all chose off the early bird menu and we were spoilt for choice.
I would particularly recommend the salmon terrine as a starter, served with fresh bread & butter.
We all enjoyed all courses, clean plates all round.
Three of us had crumble & ice cream for pudding, delicious!
The service was friendly and efficient but not rushed.
Two of our party were on a return visit, this was my first time here, but definitely not my last.
Visit this restaurant if you can, it represents quality food & value for money!

1  Thank Julie C

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Had an excellent meal, will plan to return there on my next visit to Manchester, 10 mins in a taxi from the centre and really worth it, and it was reasonably price, which is always a bargain.
perfect place to meet friends,

1  Thank AlexS1968
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I always look forward to eating at the Lime Tree when we visit family in Prestwich. I like the hot and spicy dishes and I've never ordered one I didn't like here.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Me and my family went for Sunday lunch 4 of us food was average things missing of the starters no aioli available for the fries we ordered nice atmosphere restaurant looking a bit tired
Don't think we would rush back

Reviewed June 21, 2014

My family and I went to Green's and noticed The Lime Tree and admired how nice it looked. My mum mentioned she'd been before with friends a long time ago and we decided to go for my parents 34th anniversary/a late Father's Day meal. We were seated quickly and given menus to browse. I thought the value was excellent - 3 courses for £18 (or 2 for £15) until 6:30pm. I went for 3 courses - starting with tomato and mozarella salad (which was okay, the larger bits of tomato/cheese were a bit bland, saved by a zingy pesto and basil sauce with yummy chopped up peppers).

I followed with salmon fillet with potatos and veg which was delish! The salmon skin had been cooked so it was delightfully crispy, not slimey like some skins are. I really liked the surrounding veg too. Finally, I finished with a warm chocolate brownie which I would have liked to have been a larger portion, since it was so yummy! Despite this, I think the portion size for everything else was great and all food was wonderfully presented. The rest of my family loved everything too.

The restaurant wasn't that busy and I thought the interior of the restaurant in the bit where we were sat was a bit bland which overall led to the atmosphere of The Lime Tree not being as jumping as I would expect from a trendy Didsbury area! It got busier around 8pm, just as we left, but the service between main and pudding was a bit slow. I suppose I didn't mind as it gave my food a chance to go down. Our waiter was a lovely French man, very funny and smiley :) Would like to return again and try some things from the a la carte menu this time... looking forward to it!

1  Thank AmyLou1993