“Very stylish restaurant!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Very stylish restaurant!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

My family and I went to Green's and noticed The Lime Tree and admired how nice it looked. My mum mentioned she'd been before with friends a long time ago and we decided to go for my parents 34th anniversary/a late Father's Day meal. We were seated quickly and given menus to browse. I thought the value was excellent - 3 courses for £18 (or 2 for £15) until 6:30pm. I went for 3 courses - starting with tomato and mozarella salad (which was okay, the larger bits of tomato/cheese were a bit bland, saved by a zingy pesto and basil sauce with yummy chopped up peppers).

I followed with salmon fillet with potatos and veg which was delish! The salmon skin had been cooked so it was delightfully crispy, not slimey like some skins are. I really liked the surrounding veg too. Finally, I finished with a warm chocolate brownie which I would have liked to have been a larger portion, since it was so yummy! Despite this, I think the portion size for everything else was great and all food was wonderfully presented. The rest of my family loved everything too.

The restaurant wasn't that busy and I thought the interior of the restaurant in the bit where we were sat was a bit bland which overall led to the atmosphere of The Lime Tree not being as jumping as I would expect from a trendy Didsbury area! It got busier around 8pm, just as we left, but the service between main and pudding was a bit slow. I suppose I didn't mind as it gave my food a chance to go down. Our waiter was a lovely French man, very funny and smiley :) Would like to return again and try some things from the a la carte menu this time... looking forward to it!

1 Thank AmyLou1993

“Definitely will return”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I had wanted to try this restaurant since very long time ago but one way or another we kept delaying it. FInally, last month we went there. We were very satisfied. The food was all delicious, the staff were all so great, very much customer-oriented, and the atmosphere was nice -my Mr was delighted to hear the 60s music played in the background. It might become our new favourite.

• Visited May 2014
“Consistently excellent”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I am lucky enough to live relatively near to the Lime Tree and have been a number of times, both to celebrate special occasions, or on a saturday night for a treat with my partner. The food is always consistently excellent, I have never had a less than excellent course there. The service is attentive, but relatively informal. It feels like fine dining but in a very friendly environment. The cheese board is a fanastic way to end a meal, though I have also stolen tastes of the sticky toffee pudding and if you have a sweet tooth, this is hard to beat. The only slight negative is that the menu is small and seasonal, so if you go too often, the dishes are often the same. Having said that, I am always stuck for choice so it is never a problem!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jen W
manchester
“anniversary time”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

visited lime tree for our anniversary last night and the food, service was perfection. the music in the background was just right for us, we spent half the time remembering who sung which 60s favourite each time they came up. cannot wait to return again. many thanks to the restaurant staff for making our special evening SPECIAL.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“grateful for quiet dining experience”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had a nice meal tonight, pleasant and prompt service too. We really appreciated that there was only very soft music in the background, so we could actually hear each other speak, for a change !