“Almost Perfect”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We visited Eden as we were in Manchester for the weekend and saw a voucher for the restaurant online. This was excellent value- £24 for a starter, main and glass of prosecco for two people.
The restaurant is on canal street in a lovely setting and we were greeted by friendly staff. The menu had some unusual dishes with a great range of choice. For starter I had boiled duck egg with a dough twist and asparagus, this was lovely and something quite different. My partner had onion and cider soup which we both agreed was probably the nicest soup we've ever tasted.
I chose calzone for my main course which again was one of the best I've had, the dough was soft and the ingredients tasted fresh. However, my partner had fish and chips which were quite plain, there wasn't much taste to them which was disappointing considering the rest of the meal was so nice.
We would definitely return but this time my partner would order something different.

1  Thank penny2503

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Every time we go to Eden the food is always fantastic and the staff are so polite, friendly and helpful! Deff recommend for everything from a casual meal to a large group of friends!

1  Thank Djwind
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

If you're not here in the evening and have a table in the outside area there is nothing special about this place. The drinks where ok, the food so so, the service was really good ... The thing that makes this a nice place to go is the outside are on the water. Otherwise I wouldn't go here again.

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I been here many times always fantastic food quality and service. I really surprised why is not got more great feedback.

1  Thank Rolandskipercuks
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My boyfriend and I dined here for the first time last night. We had such a warm welcome as soon as we arrived and the waiter was polite and friendly throughout the rest of the evening.
Food arrived 20/25 minutes after ordering, which was very good!
The food is excellent! I had the duck breast, which was cooked to perfection, nice and pink inside. The Mandarin and soy sauce that it came with was delicious and the presentation was stunning.
Will definitely be dining here again as there are many things I need to try on this amazing menu!

1  Thank JoLouise1