“Unassuming but comfortable”

and 1 more site!
Verdene Hotel B&B
Ranked #3 of 29 Manchester B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This terraced B&B may not be the most glamorous place you have stayed in, but my room was big, my bed comfortable and the welcome warm. If the bathroom was bijou, despite my size it did what was necessary.

The location overlooks a small park and within five minutes on the bus you are in the centre of town. There is no shortage of fine eateries nearby. Also small supermarkets for that picnic in the park.

I will certainly revisit this B&B next time I need to stay in Manchester.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Caroline-J-Mc

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Clean, tidy, very nice and helpful staff. They even posted my cross and chain back to me when I left it in the room. Also it's just next to the curry mile which came in very handy! Have to say that my only complaint is the lack of a proper cooked breakfast. Vegetarian food is ok but you can't beat a real fry up when you have got a hangover. Other than that I would recommend this B&B to any of my friends who might be staying in Manchester.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed in this bed and breakfast because it was close to The Academy and convenient for having triple rooms. A friend had been here before, so she recommended it. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly reception, as it is a familiar run place and it shows.

The building and rooms are a bit dated, the building is old. But they are well cared for and clean, so they are good value for money. I just found it was a bit strange that the basin was outside the bathroom, but it wasn’t really a problem, just unusual. The rooms were ensuite.

The room had a TV, kettle, a single and a double bed and nice views towards the park opposite the b&b.

I didn’t eat the vegetarian English breakfast (included in the price) but looked nice. I had the continental one and had more than enough with that.

It is ideal for being around the university area and very welcoming!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank isasshax
Reviewed June 27, 2013

good value B&B, clean and tidy. friendly welcome. breakfast was a full cook vegetarian breakfast, which we have never tried before. The sausages were lovely. There was a sign up saying renovation work was under way and sorry for any inconvenience, but there was no disruption to our stay at all. Our room was very comfortable, LCD TV, loads of fresh clean towels. Plenty of tea and coffee. The owner recommended some restaurants if we wanted to eat out, and the if i was staying in the area again i would definitely use this place again. To be honest it felt like been at home, the owner was up early with a friendly smile and a chat over breakfast. this place is a family run place and they will make you feel very welcome.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2013

If you are visiting Manchester University this is the place to stay! Just 5 minutes walk it is a real home from home. Lovely comfortable room, beautifully clean and bright and with tv and wifi and tea/coffee facilities too. Arranged to leave car parked outside hotel all day too which was also brilliant. Plenty to offer at breakfast both hot an cold but beware if you want a full english - it is vegetarian only!...not that that bothered us. Also only 2 minutes from 'Curry Mile' which turned out more to be a mile of fast food outlets!.......but we did find an excellent Indian restaurant eventually (Al Bilal). Will definitely remember Verdene in the future if visiting Manchester again :-)

Room Tip: Room No. 2 Twin room at the back of the house was very comfortabl.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GillLewis
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great welcome from really friendly and helpful owner. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. The owner even recommended some local restaurants for dinner, which were definitely worth a visit.

Only tiny criticisms, I wish I'd read that the breakfast was vegetarian, it was very nice, but a bit of a surprise and the en suite was pretty small, but fine for me as a solo traveller, and would much rather have that than a communal bathroom.

Overall a very pleasent place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wmricketts
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was very happy to stay at this B&B.
You get what you pay for and that includes some lovely chats over breakfast, or in the evening when returning from work.
I had to find a place to stay as I started working in Manchester before I could move into my new flat; I felt very much at home as the family who runs the B&B are absolutely wonderful.
Would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: All rooms I stayed in were en-suite and just in case you wanted a more powerful shower there actuall...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Lydia H