We decided to stay here as it was close to the train station, and easy to walk to. We stayed for one night and booked the panoramic view room. We checked in no problem, the staff were friendly and very good. The reception area was clean and very light and the bar area was lovely, so first impression great. We got in to our room and wow the view was fab of the city and a huge room very spacious, and a big bathroom.
My main gripe within the room that there wasn't a bottle of water provided, there was tea and coffee and one packet of shortbread biscuits but felt the presentation was poor, and it was all tucked away by the bathroom door.
Welcome pack was ok nothing special.
The bed was really comfortable to sleep in had a great night sleep.
However we found a huge difference in the evening staff and breakfast staff. The evening staff who were on the bar weren't very chatty didn't seem to be bothered about customer service and didn't listen. As I asked for a drink with a little bit of ice, I had a full glass of ice. Customer service was shocking and not what I expected.
Moving on to the morning staff in the breakfast room, they were fantastic helpful, up bead and really friendly. But the breakfast was a let down, well it was 09.45am when we went down. The coffee toast fruit and and the croissants nice selection and enough choice.
We decided on a cooked breakfast, asked for a poached egg rather than a fried egg, they young guy who served as was really annoyed that was asked him did it but dragged his feet and didn't seem to care. Don't these big chains teach people how to interact with the public, a bit of personality and a smile wouldn't go a miss. He didn't even ask how many I wanted. Then the breakfast its self awful dry bacon, poached egg wasn't great dry black pudding!!
Overall our stay was pleasant enough lovely room great sleep, but as I mentioned staff and customer service not great. So if you want great customer service and a bit of personality don't bother, but if its just a good night sleep your after then spot on!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, set in the heart of Cottonopolis, is Manchester's largest four-star hotel. Perfectly located if travelling by rail, road or foot, our eyecatching expanse dominates the skyline all the way from Piccadilly Station to the Mancunian Way allowing quick and easy access to and from all the major motorways. The team at our hotel in Manchester is driven to deliver an outstanding guest experience and has a reputation for its service standards and food quality. As the 2013 winner of "The best sleep in the city" award (Manchester Evening News), it combines 338 beautiful bedrooms with state of the art conferencing, an indulgent urban spa and first class bar and live theatre restaurant experience in our Scottish Steak Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Hotel Manchester