Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa
Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$69
$141
Hotels.com
  • Pool
$106
$100
  • Room Service
Princess St. Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$87
$51
  • Free Internet
$81
  • Free Internet
Travelodge Manchester Upper Brook Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$45
Travelodge
6,336 results
All reviewsthermal suitepiccadilly stationcar parklovely hotelcity centremini barlovely roomexecutive roomreception staffstayed here for one nightcomfy bedsaturday nightbathapolloslippersconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The hotel and rooms are brilliant and lovely as others have said, the meals are brilliant also. However having to pay nearly £18 to park our car for one night...we had already paid over £160 to have a room and a meal plus this on top? Wasn't mentioned when I book through the hotels own website.....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager ., General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Andy,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us and for your kind words. Where you've mentioned about parking I can only say that we are extremely competitive as against the rest of the city with the added value at the end of your stay to be able to retain your vehicle in a secure area that is easily accessible from the Hotel.

Thank you once again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed here one night only but thought it was very good for the price. We had a lovely large room and the extensive bathroom was great-lovely shower! Location is fine but the city centre does feel like quite a walk on a cold,windy day.

Car park does cost £17.50 for over night so do budget that in. Worth noting though that you can still leave your car to go into the city until that night (as in after checkout).

We found the front desk staff very friendly and seemed genuinely interested in our stay. There was a great range of magazines in the room which really helped us to plan our evening out.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager ., General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear off-and-away09,

Thanks so much for your kind words and compliments as I agree our Reception Team do their very best to help guests plan their stay in Manchester and I know from experience they will do their utmost to let guests know what is going on and where it's all happening.

To be fair also as we have our own parking lot we are able to offer the facility of an extended stay in there at very little cost whilst you go back into the City on your day of departure this is as I understand unique for any hotel in Manchester and one that I know really helps with guests budgets as you have so kindly highlighted (but don't tell everyone!).

Thank you once again and we look forward to your return.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stay regularly in Manchester for the occasional one night and having tried several hotels this is now our first choice. The rooms are large with enormous windows and if you are lucky enough to get a higher floor and a room at the back the views of the Penines are lovely. We usually have a room with a bath but on our last visit we were offered a shower only for a reduced price. If you do not need a bath then opt for this every time - the room is the same size and you are just saving money! Having read other comments I agree with the criticism of the lifts in that 2 lifts for the size of the hotel can be an issue when they are busy. My only other criticism is that the lights in the bedroom are not great over the desk area - fine at the bedside with usually 2 bed-side lamps but if you want to read on the arm chairs or desk then you may have a problem. However, as i said the rooms are large, with all usual extras such as trouser press, safe, fridge (empty though) etc. Staff are all excellent and friendly too at both reception and in the bar and restaurant.

Room Tip: Check prices both on website and search engines - they do vary.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear MW,

Many thanks for your very kind words and I'm so pleased that we consistently look after you and that you consider us to be your favourite hotel in the heart of Cottonopolis! Aye we're ideally suited for Piccadilly Station but as we're on the doorstep of all that is Manchester City Centre we're just as easily accessible by foot, tram or road.

I take on board your thoughts on the lighting and to that end please be assured that via our next works service programme we will look to improve matters within what are already great rooms as you have mentioned.

Thanks you once again and we look forward to your return.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Last year I travelled to Manchester weekly for work and stayed in various hotels across the city. There was ongoing debate among colleagues about the best, but this was my choice. What pushed this ahead of the rest was the attached sauna and spa facilities. I also booked a massage here which was excellent.

I used this hotel on and off over the past year and it was always my favourite.

The rooms are pretty standard four star quality. The restaurant is good, I've enjoyed the meals here, both dine in and in room service. The breakfasts are good, though there are a few hotels in Manchester who do slightly better.

It is worth pointing out that if you are disturbed by traffic noise this might not be for you. I find the sound soothing and it helps me off to sleep but if you are over sensitive to urban noise it's not for you.

It is well located for proximity to the train station. I did find it was a little far from the centre. If you're a China town regular for dinners then it's a bit out of the way coming home at night.

I've always found the service here to be excellent. I had a problem one trip when I left something behind in my room. This was efficiently returned to me. I was pleased with the result. Overall a good hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Womblewallaby,
Thanks for taking the time to review The Macdonald Hotel and Spa it is appreciated and I agree our Spa and Leisure facilities are part of the reason why guests come back time and time again; although I have to say ourbreakfast and room offers are also key items that mark us out as very different from the rest.

Delighted that you enjoy yourself here as a regular visitor and I'm really pleased that our great team manage to deliver for you so consistently.

Kind regards and I hope to meet you soon.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Disastrous stay here for one night midweek after training in their conference facility
Cacophony overnight as revellers partied hard. Sounded like they were in the corridor outside our room
Customer services response to my complaint of a sleep disturbed night was to offer to charge me another 50quid for a further stay....NO Thank you very much!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Manager ., General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I have sent you a message seperately asking for further detail that will allow me to look into the matter in more detail. Initially so I can understand and look for the team to improve on what we do but most importantly to give you an answer as to your concerns.

At this stage I'm really sorry that we failed to even match your expectations (during the evening as I presume your event in the day went really well) never mind exceed them and that we've allowed you to leave our hotel having asked for assistance and not having had it dealt with to your satisaction.

Many thanks and I will be in touch if you would be so kind as to reply to my message we can progress matters.