“Quiet room, very comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa

Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa
Ranked #44 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Adelaide
“Quiet room, very comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

An overnight stay near the Piccadilly train staton was perfect for convenience. Clean and quiet room. Huge comfortable bed. Only problem was the smallish tv screen being so far away from the bed. Attentive and pleasant staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SavBlancAdelaide
Guest-Srvs-Mgr, Guest Relations Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and the convenience of our location, I look forward to sharing your comments wih our team. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sheffield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights with my boyfriend for his birthday. I booked the hotel on laterooms.com a week before we went and got a good price.

The hotel is across the road from Piccadilly Station, however isnt that central so we did get taxi's to and from the centre.

We upgraded our room and were very impressed, the room was large and had a fantastic layout, and the bathroom was spacious with a separate bath and shower.

However on the 2nd night, we returned to the room past midnight, and there was a flood outside our door and in the entrance to the room. The hotel dealt with this very well, they moved us straight away (even offered to help us pack) and upgraded us to a Panoramic Suite, free mini bar and free breakfast. I was very impressed with the service of the hotel. They dealt with the problem very well.

The breakfast was very nice too, a lot of variety for everyone, and very fresh and good quality foods.

The bar area is relaxing, and the cocktails and drinks were reasonable priced for a hotel bar.

Overall we were both very happy with our stay, and we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. Once again I would like to apologise for the issue you encountered during your stay. I am extremely pleased to hear you had a fantastic stay regardless of this unfortunate incident, and will return in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa.

Monmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Great value for money. Had a really nice room and really comfortable bed. Staff were really friendly. Breakfast was especially nice and the staff at breakfast were great. Good location, good atmosphere and good facilities.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank brinenick
Guest-Srvs-Mgr, Guest Relations Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It was lovely to read such kind comments about our hotel and its team. We look forward to your return.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Spent a long weekend here. Met my expectations well. Lovely room, quiet and comfortable. Very good room service. Convenient location close to the station. Expensive, but delivered. The spa was an unexpected bonus: I had free basic use of the associated spa; fantastic suite of dry, wet, hot, cold, etc... spa and shower rooms. Very relaxing!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Rowan H
I am delighted to read about your experience with us and it will be a pleasure sharing your comments with our team. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Wigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We booked a one night stay in a City View room at the beginning of December 2012. The hotel is located right next to Piccadilly station in the centre of Manchester and only took us 5 minutes to walk there.

Check-in was very quick and easy and we were soon admiring our room which was huge. The bed was massive and very comfortable and the bathroom was lovely.

There was an Ipod music dock in the bedroom which is great if you have one but it would be nice if they'd had connections for other Mp3 players/phones.
The TV in the room was tiny, given the size of the room you almost needed binoculars to see the TV from the bed!!!

Breakfast didn't disapoint with friendly staff and a huge selection of items to choose from. Breakfast was served till 12:00 on the Sunday which was a real bonus to not have to rush in the morning to make it, especially when you're on a relaxing weekend away.

We checked out in the morning and then left our bags with the concierge to be collected later.

We would highly reccomend this hotel for anyone visiting Manchester.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Guest-Srvs-Mgr, Guest Relations Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
I am delighted you enjoyed your time at the hotel, thank you for your kind review. Please do visit again soon, it will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

With kind regards,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Ok ok I'll start by saying I have stayed here a few times now... And can't really fault the hotel
We booked a twin
Rooms always clean ... Good size etc etc
I would have gave 5 stars but feel I was being ripped of this time by high prices
First of all yes I know I was there New Year's Eve and you expect prices to be a little higher, but my friend booked it and only found out later that it was £115 for the night without breakfast god knows what that would have been...
The biggest shock was to come as I left in the morning I checked out leaving my mate to sober up lol ( I was on call ) so needed to get off so went to check out and see if there was anything else on the room.... £15 per car ... Ended up paying £30 as we needed to take two cars :-( ..... That's my rant over

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you left the hotel less than satisfied with your experience. I must assure you that our prices are competitive in the city amongst our fellow four star hotels and we offer the best available rate at the time of booking, we have many offers throughout the year. I do hope you will try us again in the future.

With kind regards,

Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Problems
- Can hear traffic through the windows
- Could hear music from other peoples rooms
- Ordered room service at 12.30am - big black squashed fly in lettuce
- Reported it - waited for refund - rang up 4 times - still did not receive refund untill 1.50am in the morning. So I was awake all that time waiting. Very poor service for a four star hotel.
- Car parking is an extra £15 on top of your room cost
Good points
- The room was very comfortable and the bathroom was big
- The spa was really nice
Overall nice hotel let down by very poor service. I would definately not reccomend

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eric7J7
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my apologies for the issues encountered during your stay. These are not the usual high levels of service that our customers have come to expect and I am sorry that we fell short on this occasion. if you would like to discuss this matter further please contact me direct at Guestservices.manchester@macdonald-hotels.co.uk.