Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa
Weston Hall(Manchester)
The Pendulum Hotel(Manchester)
Velvet Hotel(Manchester)
6,333 results
All reviewsthermal suitepiccadilly stationcar parklovely hotelcity centremini barlovely roomexecutive roomreception staffstayed here for one nightcomfy bedsaturday nightbathapolloslippersconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 11, 2011

What a lovely hotel. The staff were great, the room was gorgeous. We didn't have breakfast as at £17.50 (£12.50 if booked the night before) we thought it was VERY expensive.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Stayed with my hubbie for 1 night. Fantastic hotel. We had a huge window in the room on the 8th floor (at front of hotel). We had a great view over Manchester. Room was spotless and very modern :) Breakfast was buffet and was smashing. All the staff were very attentive, helpful and smiley. I wished to purchase crisps at the bar but they dont sell them, however the barmaid offered some complementary olives, nuts & nibbles instead...they were yummie! The spa area was lovely...we really enjoyed it...very relaxing. Was a very short walk into Manchester city centre (and the train station) but would have probably had a taxi if I was a lone female, as walking through the Picadilli area late at night can be a little intimidating! To conclude - would definately return to this hotel and would use the train again as it is so near to the train station. Had a very relaxing, stress free stay :)

Room Tip: Higher floors at the front of hotel are better as you get a great view over Manchester
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2011

As I am a travel agent I can often be very critical on accommodation. This hotel is probably one of the best I have stayed in and a lot of that is to do with the best ever customer service I recieved on this hotel overnight stay. The rooms were great, the staff AMAZING and the breakfast absolutely delicious. Thanks for a great stay!!!

Room Tip: Smile, be nice and just ask!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I arrived at the hotel at 8.30am having left my house in Dundalk, Ireland at 3.30am, I was attending a course in Microdermabrasion in the hotel, I went to the restaurant for a small breakfast explaining I was paying as I wasn't staying in the hotel, I had crossont, toast and coffee, the service was very good, when I went to pay I was told I didn't have to as I had such a small amount, I was well impressed, my overall view of the hotel was good, the staff are friendly and it is very clean, after the course I had two hours to walk around the shopping area, Manchester is a great city and if I ever manage to return for a few nights I will stay in this hotel for the reasons above and also the great location.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Macdonald_FOH_Mgr, Guest Relations Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2011

Dear Brianan
Thank you for the positive review. I am pleased to hear you will use the Macdonald Hotel if ever in Manchester in the future.
Kind Regards
Ewan Simpson

Reviewed July 7, 2011

Hotel is very easy to locate from rail STN and is about 5 min walk. Receptionist staff are not warming and welcoming. I expect questions like how was your journey? Do you have any exciting plans while you are here. I was briskley given my door card and made to feel they were working fast to relieve the queue. Waited 4 mins for a lift, bad planning, should Of installed more lifts. The corridor to get to the room is so long and typically I was assigned a room at the far side. than walking to my gate at heathrow airport!
The room was nice clean though it had a slight musty smell. Bathroom was good and one of the cleanest I has seen in a long time. Bose dock player did not work, volume wouldn't adjust . The only biggest problem with the room is they have a mini bar fridge but it is empty! I called the Rec and they said weve stopped storing drinks in the room. Why I don't know? Conclusion. Stay if u find it like I did on lastminute.com for gbp70 however I seriously think u should consider looking else where if they only offer there rack rates. Again this is not 4 star standard in any sense.

• Stayed: July 2011

Dear Ajinuk

I was sorry to hear there were a number of problems you experienced with your stay. Our reception staff should be courteous and welcoming, I am sorry this was not evident on your arrival. The hotel was converted from an existing landmark BT building and as such the number of lifts in the building was limited to 4.

I am sorry your mini bar was empty we are currently implementing a new menu, the bose docking stations volume is controlled by the Ipod inserted into the unit.

On a positive note I am pleased you enjoyed the quality of our bedrooms.

Kind Regards