“Nice hotel, good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Citi Park Hotel

Citi Park Hotel
Ranked #98 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed here as a stopover before I went on holiday, it was just a place for sleeping and so suited me well. The room was pretty small, the car park approach and road are unmade and so the car didn't feel very secure. It faces onto a main road and there is noise from the road (fine by me as I like noise). There were a lot of plug sockets and so I was please with this, the bed was comfy and I would say that YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO TAKE YOUR COMFIRMATION OR THEY WONT LET YOU STAY!

Room Tip: Room at the back if don't like noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

No staff available. ..no parking. ..In fact no room!! We were sent to stay in an imaginary hotel up the road which just did not exist. ..citi parks is more of a homeless shelter! !! Scam!! Never stay here!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Manchester hotels

Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We Booked a hotel to stay in Manchester for the night through Booking.com, as soon as we had chosen a Hotel called Hendham House i was phoned up immediately saying they had no rooms although the booking had gone through. We were offered this hotel which is a "sister" hotel instead, we accepted the offer as they described it as a nice hotel... how wrong they were!

Upon arrival the hotel looked like a run down building to say the least, the access to the rear car park was a struggle due to the pot holes and muddy/slippy ground.

We walked into the compact reception area and was greeted by a shifty looking member of staff who was talking to what appeared to be a couple of homeless people in sat on the sofas, as soon as we entered the room they quickly scurried out as if they weren't supposed to be there. The man took our booking details for four double room and straight away told us one of the rooms had no key to lock it personally and also that the shower and toilet in that room were un-usable. His suggestion was to get him to lock it when we went out for the night and to ask him to unlock it when we returned, anyone could have access to our room in reality.

All the rooms were stuffy smelling due to the larger areas and clearly visible damp on every wall and the roof, the television socket was off the wall showing live terminals in one room, and in the bathroom of another room the extractor fan was missing a cover with the 230 Volts mains showing !!!! The rooms were tiny, the walls were thin and you could hear anyone, anywhere in the hotel.

My girlfriend went outside and was offered drugs by a strange man, the member of staff who was on was outside having a cigarette and didn't even bat an eyelid !

We complained immediately and the member of staff at the time did not care in the slightest, realising we wouldn't get anywhere we unfortunately had to stay the night. In the morning i woke up to attempt to use the disgusting showers only to walk into the bathroom and come across dripping from light fitting obviously from the shower above, this left a large puddle and slip hazard in the bathroom.

After packing my bags we went downstairs to complain to a man who appeared to be the manager, i can tell you i have never complained to anyone in my life and i am a calm person, but i was furious !!! I told the manager all of my concerns and the obvious death hazards from live sockets/terminals on show to which his reply was, 'well why would you stick your finger in there'. The man did not care in the slightest or even apologise. I asked him for a full refund and he refused.

Needless to say i took numerous photos and trading standards have been involved and a case raised!

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

Spread the word, this is unfit for humans and a health hazard to anyone !

Thanks for reading and i hope this prevents anyone looking to book a room here from ruining their night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Alex V
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

sheltered accomodation .wouldnt recommend this to a homless alcoholic with dementia.dont go there the pics are not accurate.shower doesnt work doors dont lock and they overcharge by saying they cant contact you.oh and they move you froma diffrent location to a place called Hendon house.
beware....

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Emz882014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I was there on a business trip for a week and the three of us arrived very late on a Sunday night. We were greeted very friendly and shown to a bit small but tidy room. The reception staff was very nice and helpful the whole time, telling us how to find our way through the city and we had a good time chilling in the sitting room after a day`s work. There was coffee, tea, cereal and biscuits available every day, I was very grateful for that.
There is a big garden in the back, so I guess in the summer it would be lovely to stay up late for a drink. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and tidy as well and we got clean towels every day.
All in all, for the price its a good, comfortable stay and I would go again anytime.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank IOANA737
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

We where booked into citi park on Friday, but after arriving in Manchester we got a little sidetracked, easy done "amazing city" At about 11.00pm we received a text from the hotel asking us to confirm we where still coming and what time we expected to arrive I simply replied "yeah soon" we finally arrived about 3.00am and was greeted we smiles (to my amazement). Checkin was swift and the guy on reception carried our bags and we where shown to our room. it was "nice" clean & tidy and very welcome after a long hard day :-) We stayed until Sunday it was great, the staff where fantastic couldn't do enough to help "THANKS GUYS" really looking forward to coming back in the summer so we can use the garden and checkout the park but just to cold right now, just kept nippin out for a quick ciggi. Thanks again, see you soon

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mufcCash
Blaenau Ffestiniog
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

I had booked at another hotel, but had been moved to this one. I arrived at 9.30 pm but they were not expecting me. The staff seemed very helpful and said that they would clean another room for me. Which they did. I was also offered a cup of tea while I waited. At 10.30 my room was ready and the young man carried my case to the room. There was no key and he left to find one returning later.
The bathroom door was not able to close as the bed was in the way. The bed was damaged. There were no curtains at the windows; the shower was hanging off the wall; the sink was smashed and the en-suite was very small to the point that if you sat on the toilet, you could not move your legs! The room smelt - both of beer and something else, not sure but it was unusual.
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business