$72
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $85/night.

$95
$166
$80
  • Breakfast included
$160
$133
  • Room Service
Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$109
$87
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

$165
$123
$110
Priceline
4,484 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiescity cafetrain stationon arrivalfree wificanal streetmanchester piccadillyexcellent hotelmodern hotelmini barbusiness triphotel barbreakfast was excellentcentral locationsaturday nightstayed for one night
Reviewed January 5, 2011

The Mint Hotel is a stone's throw from Manchester Picadilly train station. You come out of the station complex, go straight ahead across the curvy bridge and then you see a door in the building ahead of you marked "City Cafe". Go in there and you're in the hotel. I got a bit lost the first time because I didn't see the hotel signage, went into the cafe to ask and bingo!

My room was on the fifth floor, no view to speak of. First impression was that it was quite dim (no overhead lighting, only lamps which seemed to have energy-efficient bulbs) and very beige. the carpet, curtains and furniture had seen better days although serviceable.

The bathroom sparkled, however I did notice dust around the edges of the lampshades, and stains on the curtains and carpet.

I loved the Imac system. Using the free internet allowed me to view BBC Iplayer programs on the TV which was a real plus.

I also used the free Wifi on my laptop but it was quite slow and kept disconnecting itself which was annoying.

I was impressed when I ordered an omelette from the room service menu for breakfast and they were able to supply gluten-free toast. Unfortunately no GF toast was available on the second day - they said they were awaiting a delivery.

I was on quite a tight budget, so it was great to be able to pop over to the station complex and get food from M&S and Sainsburys instead of eating in the restaurant or ordering room service. I also bought wine there to avoid the overpriced offerings from the minibar. I could have saved even more by visiting a cafe near the station entrance offering full English breakfast for three or four pounds, but I didn't try it.

During my stay I was feeling a little poorly so I didn't use the fitness room, but did pop my head round the door and it looked pretty schmick.

I booked directly through the hotel a few days in advance and got a great rate of 59 pounds a night for my two night stay. If I could get a similar rate I'd definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank 17thousandkm
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Do not stay in this hotel if you want a good nights sleep. The hotel is noisy and staff enter your room without permission.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SandyShandy
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We recently stayed at the mint hotel to do both some Christmas shopping and also to treat ourselves to a much needed child free weeekend, leaving our son to be spolit by his grandparents.
What can I say...the hotel far exceeded our expectations. Room was so lovely, modern and airy that it was a struggle to actually leave it once we had bathed and had a glass of the complimentary wine. And even when we did eventually leave to take a look around and find somewhere to eat we actually instead chose to eat back at the hotel and were not disapointed.
The following day we again had trouble wanting to leave the relaxing surroundings of the Piccadilly Lounge and after shopping decided to head back thereto have a light dinner in there were again not disapointed at all.
It's not often I feel compelled to write a review of a hotel...but just had to for this place. On first entering I was worried staff may be a little aloof and it was actually the complete opposite. Everyone we encountered was friendly and professional. We will definently be back for a mini adult only break next year!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2011

2nd time for New Year at Mint (was City Inn) in Manchester, had a great time again, only spoiled a little by the room heating not working effectively, soon put right quickly, and efficiently by hotel staff on New Year eve/day (3am in the morning). Food was, as last year excellent and the bonus of having the end room 9th floor with the views was an extra bonus. Thank you Mint Hotel for a truly wonderful New Year package.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I've no complaints about the room, quality of service, the location or food. However, if you visit the bar watch out for the surreptitious addition of a 10% service charge PLUS a 10% tip to your bar bill. Although this is itemised (in small print) on the bill there is no warning or explanation and it will only be removed if you challenge the bar staff (whose reply was that they would prefer the tip in cash!!)

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple