$134
$99
$84
Priceline
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $102/night.

$125
Cancelon
4,481 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiescity cafetrain stationon arrivalfree wificanal streetmanchester piccadillyexcellent hotelmodern hotelmini barbusiness triphotel barbreakfast was excellentcentral locationsaturday nightstayed for one night
Reviewed May 1, 2010

I booked 2 nights at City Inn on the strength of reviews on Tripadvisor as we travelled to Manchester to see the Australian Pink Floyd at the Manchester Evening News Arena. The hotel is very close to Piccadilly train station, an easy 15 minutes from the airport. Check in was fine and we were allocated a room on the Sixth floor. The rooms are OK, nothing to write home about and a decent size with decent facilities. Free internet access is good and there are tea and coffee facilities etc. I had a bed and breakfast rate at £99 a night so it was a reasonable choice. My main complaint is that despite it being modest temperatures outside, the room was stifling. The air conditioning is useless and once the small window is open the noise from the revellers in the back streets is problematic.
One good touch is the large shower gel bottles in the shower meaning that there is plenty to use rather than small disposable bottles that most hotels provide.
There should have been a safe in the room but it is missing. Reception sent someone up to show me where it is located but they too realised it was not there! I do like somewhere to lock my passports and bank cards when not in use so this was a pain. Clearly, no need to worry about someone running off with your money as they simply take the safe!
Haven't sampled the breakfast yet as going down in an hour so I will not comment. All in all, an OK hotel in a good but noisy location. Would I book here again, no. Do I know why it is rated number one on Tripadvisor, no. Is it anything out of the ordinary, no. If the City inn is number one in Manchester, I don't know what the others are like. Don't get me wrong, it was fine for a short week-end stay but I can't see what everyone else is raving about.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2010

This was a fantastic business hotel which met all my needs. The rooms are modern and fresh. They come with a iMac which allows you to go online for free or just watch tv. There is also free wifi. The hotel is extremely close to the railway and the city centre.
It met my needs perfectly and will use this hotel again for both business and leisure.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights last week on a business trip. I cannot fault a single thing. It was a great location, 2 mins walk from the station and the staff were attentive, helpful and courteous at all times.
Spotlessly clean, food was good quality and always served with a smile.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2010

I payed for my mum and dad to stay here after attending dancing on ice tour on 23/04/10. It was a surprise for her 50th birthday. After emailing the hotel to enquire if we could make further arrangements when they got there with regards to drinks, cake, balloons etc, they emailed straight back and advised they would make all necessary arrangements. They were amazing. My mum and dad were treated like royalty. The room was outstanding, the staff were brillant and the food was superb. Phillipa, Stewart you did yourselves proud and my mum was overwhelmed with what you did for her. Thank you so much and we will definitley stay at your hotel again

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Visited Manchester on 16th April and stayed for two nights and stayed at the City Inn. What can i say..its very luxurious! On entering you are met by a beautiful entrance hall with many staff there to welcome you. Check in was easy and they were very helpful. I had opted to have breakfast each day and this was just amazing. Everything you could think of to eat and every taste catered for. The room was very clean and was in neutral tones and was lovely. Had an i-mac entertainment system which allowed you free access to the internet as well as other entertainment on the system. Hotel also has an excellent collection of cds and dvds which can be used. Would highly recommend the City Inn for a stay if you are looking for a little bit of luxury and class.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo