“Excellent service.....and a fab stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
Ranked #18 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Excellent service.....and a fab stay”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed here with my wife on Saturday 8th March. First impressions were good, the chap on reception was extremely helpful and friendly and made us feel very welcome. The hotel was well presented and modern and our room was extremely comfortable with a huge bed, all good. Got to say the service we received from check in through to leaving was first class. Excellent customer service throughout, this really makes a huge difference and makes you feel valued as a customer. Hilton Deansgate take note!!!
It feels like the staff at this hotel really care and are all pulling in the same direction to satisfy their customers.
This is my number 1 choice in Manchester from now on.
Thank you for a great stay........nice breakfast too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
JackAppleton, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a great review with Tripadvisor. We are really pleased to learn you had such an enjoyable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Jack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Manchester, Poland
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I visit Manchester every 3-4 moths on average and always stay at DoubleTree Hilton hotel. Comfort is very important when you are on a business trip and have little time for yourself. Nice and quick service, comfortable rooms and good breakfasts. I definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

MANCHESTER, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Superb hotel with very friendly staff throughout. Complimentary drinks voucher got evening off to a flying start. Second stay at this hotel and can not fault it. Bar stayed open until we were done, and breakfast was great. Will stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Andrew L,

As a returning guest it is refreshing to read you had another enjoyable experience. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Best wishes,

Jack
Hull
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

All was good. Had queen executive package. Room was small and complementary mini bar was soft drinks only so that was a little disappointing. Our friends had a similar room and theirs was the same. Breakfast excellent. So the rooms we had were not as shown on the website when all rooms of our package had separate living areas. View from room was very poor but staff, service and hotel were excellent and clean accordingly

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed out one night stay in this hotel. We had a very clean, comfortable and decent enough room. Loved the Mac which also doubled as a TV and the free mini-bar was an extra, unexpected, perk. We found all of the staff to be very friendly, helpful and informative staff, especially the young person on reception who showed us where the nearest restaurants are even though the hotel has its own restaurant. Tired after two flights we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant, weren't disappointed, and had a wonderful meal. Staff were attentive which was nice and as it wasn't busy were prepared to have a chat which was lovely. When booking I hadn't realised just how close to Manchester Piccadilly station this hotel is - it's only a couple of hundred yards away from the main entrance, so if you are overloaded with luggage deposit the cases that you don't need in the Left Luggage Office on platform 10 (open from 7 am to 11 pm) and then joyfully make your way without encumbrances to the hotel. We didn't eat breakfast - at £16:95 it seems a tad over-priced to me especially when there are plenty of eating places within easy walking distance. We experienced no problems, got a great night's sleep and awoke refreshed to continue our journey home. Out of preference I would stay in this hotel again without hesitation. Great value, great experience and great staff.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Worcestershire
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Love my stays at any Hilton or DoubleTree. They always deliver and are always courteous to a fault. IF at all, should anything be not quite right, after all, we are only human... my experience has been such, that they are extremely apologetic, sincere and always put it right immediately. The rooms are spacious, immaculate and I simply cannot fault them. I only stay when I can get good rates! As I sometimes visit Salford University, I tend to get to Manchester the night before for an early start. It's great being able to stay somewhere with guaranteed quality of both service and accommodation! Breakfast is lovely too! which I have in my room at my leisure.. I may be there on business, but it doesn't have to be miserable, it's so nice to enjoy the stay! I actually feel at home at a Hilton.. you just know it's all going to be great, stress free AND I got a warm choc chip cookie at check in! Didn't refuse it, would have been rude! E. Magro

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

airdire, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2014

having stayed here a few times on business I am always happy with my stay - when you are away from home you like to have a bit of comfort to make up for being away from family etc - I think the hotel is bright, airy and the rooms are well proportioned for comfort (i booked into the Malmasion next door and checked out after 1 night - too dark and not a great sleep) great warm welcome at the reception - and I think the hotel is making a real effort with the food and the menu on offer - I would stay here more often but at times is is over our budget allowance for work (The max I get to book at is £110.00 per night)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business