“My place to stay while in Manchester.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
Ranked #20 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Woodridge, Illinois
“My place to stay while in Manchester.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

We've visited Manchester before and this has become our hotel of choice. Its close proximity to Picadilly station, along with the city in itself makes it an ideal place. They treat their guest in a very professional manner and tend to your needs, you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Muscat
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stayed here mid week - very convenient for railway station. Room was spacious, comfortable and quiet. The staff were helpful and polite. Room had a shower but it would have been nice to have a bath instead. Could do with a clock and more plug sockets but I love the apple computer/tv

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I spent one night at Doubletree in Manchester. Despite the cost of parking this hotel is excellent value. The room was small but luxurious and as we were in a deluxe room we were treated with a free mini bar (wine, beer, soft drinks, chocolate and crisps).

The absence of a bath is really disappointing as I am not a huge fan of showers but this was made clear in the room descriptions so can't complain really.

We ate at the restaurant although ordered from the bar menu which was much more to our taste (simple English food cooked well). The food was excellent, my wife had fish whilst I had one of the best rib eye steaks I've ever had.

The staff in the restaurant were very slow and if I were easily annoyed this could have spoiled the evening but given how enjoyable the food was I let it slide.

Breakfast was good (not excellent) but there were no offers for poached eggs/omelette etc although I suspect these would have been available if I asked.

When we stayed at this hotel it was priced £100 less than Hilton Deansgate. I struggle to see what Deansgate could have added to our stay to have justified the extra cost and we are glad to have stayed at Doubletree instead.

We would strongly recommend this hotel for a short stay in Manchester.

Room Tip: Upgrade if available.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here sat 22nd feb for 1 night me and my finance. Lovely room, and bathroom. iMac brilliant especially as had sky sports channels so my fiancé was over the moon! Breakfast lovely and bar relaxed. Excellent customer service too.
I booked through hotel pronto and got a great deal for bed and breakfast.
Would come back again.

Burley in Wharfedale, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Came for a single night and was disappointed overall. At reception we weren't given a cookie (not that I'm bothered particularly) and only one key. Got to the room and found a number of things not working including the coffee machine. The room also looked like it could have done with a good scrub.
On the plus side the bar in the evening was pretty good and the hotel is located centrally, allowing a quick walk into the city centre for shopping, dining etc.
Used the express checkout and am still waiting for my bill to be emailed to me 2 weeks later (even after sending an email request)

Room Tip: Try the Lowry
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
JackAppleton, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Adrian,

Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback with Tripadvisor.

I was sorry to learn of your recent experience and would be delighted if you could contact me directly, Jack.Appleton@hilton.com to discuss your concerns further.

Kind regards,

Jack
Wirral, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a one night get away. The hotel is very close to Piccadilly train station. It's a short walk to shopping area. There are a number of pubs and restaurants nearby.

We arrived about 12pm and got checked in straight away and access to parking space. The room was well furnished with facilities. Apple TV impressed the husband. Free wifi is included. The room has a safe and iron.

We would stay again.

Loughborough
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Well the room was okay, a plus would be being able to watch sky sports in your room! The room needs a good polish and there was a stain on the pillow! :/ now my main moan is the bar. My partner and I had to paninis, they were absolutely awful! Hardly any filling and they were practically cold!!! Top this with the awful service I have to say the whole experience was shocking! I expect to pay over the odds for a couple a snacks it was my mistake to eat in a hotel bar! What I don't expect is awful service and terrible terrible food! I cancelled our breakfast because I could not stomach another poor food experience! Suffice to say I have had better service in a travelodge and will be more inclined to stay there in future!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback.

If you could contact me directly to discuss the contents of your review this would be much appreciated, Jack.Appleton@hilton.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,