DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
$142
$133
$398
4,398 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiescity cafetrain stationon arrivalfree wificanal streetmanchester piccadillyexcellent hotelmodern hotelmini barbusiness triphotel barbreakfast was excellentcentral locationsaturday nightchecking in
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Very well located central Manchester hotel right by the station. Good rooms well furnished and equipped although I would like if they could make it clear how to set up a sleep setting on the iMacs used as a TV. My one gripe is that they were not able to recognise that I have recently been promoted to Diamond level HHonours which is a benefit of having achieved the Gold Guest List status with British Airways Executive Club.

Even thought I supplied a link to the relevant pages at the BA website in response to a corporate marketing e-mail I received from the hotel sales team before the trip they denied the existence of the scheme. You have to fly a lot of miles to get those benefits, it would be nice if Hilton honoured them!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2013

stayed last month,was upgraded, as we are hilton honors members(get barclay card, platinum honors card to go to gold) got a couple of free drinks coupons, very nice, hotel and staff really friendly and helpful, got the ug room, , but it was opposite neon light, so a bit of flashing in the night(no not from us, from the lights) breakfast great, and not far to walk , for other food places, or for a drink, we eat in house, and food was excellent, as other say, 5 mins from, trams, train station. All in all well worth a visit, and unlike other guests, enjoyed the food. I would def recommend this hotel. saunders family

Room Tip: put location as 4. but its 4 plus, or 5 if your catching the train, if not satisfied with your room, they will move you, make sure not facing station, if light sleeper, as lights on and off in the night, maybe better curtains, blinds,
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dadtripper
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed at the hotel from 30 to 31 October. It has a great location in the city center, next to the central station of Manchester.
The hotel looks great, however the beds were not that comfortable as other DoubleTree´s I have stayed in and the television was really small.

Overall nice hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
JackAppleton, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear EH1987,

Thank you for taking the time to share some valued feedback with Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay.

I was sorry to learn that the beds were not as comfortable as you are used to, I do hope this will not deter you from choosing the hotel again in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes,

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Hotel was very nice. Warm cookie as check in is a nice touch. The room I stayed in was compact but had everything I needed. The bed was comfy but I had trouble sleeping as the rooms seemed cold even though the heating was on maximum setting. Unfortunately I received undercooked chicken in the restaurant and was ill for 4 days. The experience has put me off staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Paul F
JackAppleton, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Paul F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with Tripadvisor.

We are taking your feedback and experience extremely seriously, and have been in contact offline with regards to our investigations.

Best wishes,

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I booked this hotel for myself and colleagues for business as I had organised a seminar in the hotel for the following day. I had a room on the 2nd floor which had all the basic amenities you'd expect from a business hotel and a very comfortable bed. Overall a good experience, only let down by an awful meal in the bar of Thai red curry, which looked and tasted as if it had come out of a packet, overpriced mediocre wine and uncoordinated slow service.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CSMelody

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the Tripadvisor Community. I was pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay.

It would be great to learn a little more about your experience in the Piccadilly Lounge. If you could contact me directly, Jack.Appleton@hilton.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,