DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
Agoda.com
$96
$91
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Manchester Upper Brook Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$46
Travelodge
4,372 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiescity cafetrain stationon arrivalfree wificanal streetmanchester piccadillyexcellent hotelmodern hotelmini barbusiness triphotel barbreakfast was excellentcentral locationsaturday nightchecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Have stayed here quite a few times now on business and it ticks most of the boxes. Good wifi, near the train station, on site car park, decent rooms, friendly service etc... No mini bar in room but there is a small fridge for your own stuff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed for the weekend with my teenage son. Good points are central location, comfortable room with iMac which doubles up as the tv @ free wifi connection.

Bad points though are that they charge £16.95 each for breakfast which is ridiculous when compared with Premier Inn where kids eat free & that you can get a full English for under a fiver in the pubs.

Main problem though was that we had a room on the eighth floor opposite the railway station that has a 50 foot neon ad sign that is on 24/7. The curtains in the room where totally inadequate to keep the flashing lights out during the night.

Room Tip: Avoid the railway station side of the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jason C
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed at the Double Tree in Sep 2013, and completely enjoyed my stay. Location wise, its fantastic - just a block walk to the main train station, and a block in the other direction for the bars / clubs / restaurants of Canal Street, and just a 5 min walk from the main shopping district and malls. The room was nicely appointed and included an Apple television. My only gripe there is that I didnt seem to be able to turn it on from the remote whilst in bed. Breakfast was a buffet with a good selection of food, with attentive waiters. There was a good newspaper collection at the entrance (Guardian, Times, FT, Independent, Daily Mail etc.) to chose from. Unfortunately on leaving, I inadvertently left my mobile phone charger in my room. I called the hotel, and they happily sent it to me. Unfortunately when it arrived, it was a different plug. My guess is that the guest after me substituted their rather old plug for my nice new one, and that was what was left in the room and later found and passed to Lost & Found. I called the Double Tree again, and the uber-efficient Deputy Head Housekeeper Pawel Kolpak took charge of the problem, and sourced me a brand new one which was delivered via Amazon a few days later. Seriously that is exceptional customer service, and went well beyond what I was expecting, but I am extremely grateful. If they can do this, then I know that the hotel really does care about the customer experience. I'll definitely be back next time I'm in Manchester.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were travelling around so we needed a Hotel last minute, What a find!! The rooms were very clean and all the staff were very attentive, we had a few drinks at the cocktail bar which were very nice and then had something to eat at the restaurant.

All in all a very nice hotel and really close to the NR station, We had no problems finding it either, hopefully stay again in the not to distant future...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed here one night before leaving England via Manchester airport. It is literally steps away from the train station- a 4 minute walk according to Google Maps. Less by my experience. Restaurants, cafes, and bars are scattered throughout the area.
The rooms were a reasonable size and brightly lit. On the downside, the Scandinavian inspired decor seemed more Ikea than LYX and the bathroom was a teeny, tiny space with no tub.
The staff, however, were excellent. Friendly and efficient, this was perhaps the fastest, easiest check in we've ever experienced.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple