“Home from home!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
Ranked #17 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stay here almost every week and it has everything I need to make me feel less homesick!
Fabulous, friendly staff...light airy spacious rooms....wonderful breakfast selection and.....the food...try the restaurant 3 course for £25 or the early dinner deal.....I'd be surprised if you were disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (4,258)

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had a most enjoyable stay at this hotel. The crux mm'll'll co in was excellent being very helpful, informative and efficient. The room was nice, well furnished and spacious. I liked that there was a socket by the mirror to plug in the hair dryer. The room was clean. Carpet was starting to look a bit grubby but I think this was normal wear and tear. Bathroom was spacious and well laid out.

I had a nice bar snack which was good. Breakfast was a good buffet and the porridge was particularly nice.

I would certainly stay there again and thought the hotel was very nice.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is small but comfortable , just infront of the central station. Rooms are small and well decorated. Lobby is beautifull and front desk staf are friendly and attentave. I like the hotel and would stay their again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went for weekend . Very central hotel but noisy too. Bars and reception weren't very welcoming a bit too modern with little atmosphere. Rooms very well equipped even had apple tv and a apple computer. Overall a pleasant stay but prefer McDonald hotel .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife and i stayed in room 423 from September 6th to 8th 2013 , I emailed the hotel in advance as we were landing in Manchester at 08.15 and requested an early check in , We arrived at 9.30 am and our room was ready which was a great start to our weekend to mark our wedding anniversary.

Our room was on the 4th floor overlooking the Canal street area and the room was lovely , Our rate included a complimentary mini bar which had a lovely choice of drinks and snacks, On our first afternoon the manager rang my wife to wish her happy anniversary and shortly afterwards a member of staff arrived at our room with 2 glasses of champagne with the hotels compliments, They also had left us a Happy anniversary card in our room while we were out exploring the shops earlier , This was a lovely touch and the staff could not have been any nicer to us.

Breakfast was very nice with a big selection of everything from fresh fruit to pastries and a large choice of the usual hot items which is on a buffet basis so basicly just help yourselves, Again the staff were realy nice and were anxious to help in any way they could.

The bar area is nice but i thought that £9 for 2 small bottles of beer was over priced but again the staff were realy nice and prompt service

The in room TV is through an Apple Imac computer and its all operated through one simple remote control which works brilliantly and very simple to use

We were realy impressed with our experience at this hotel and we will return as a couple and i have already booked in there for an upcoming Manchester United fixture with 1 of my sons, We highly recomend the hotel and the use of the free Metro shuttle bus which runs from Piccadilly railway station to the main shopping areas and returns to Piccadilly on a very regular basis so there is no need for taxis etc from the hotel if you want to go shopping

Full marks to all the staff for making my wifes weekend so enjoyable

Room Tip: Upper floors are best
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Booked a room to stay the night before as was at a conference hosted here the next day. Great location for business meetings 3 min walk from Manchester Piccadilly. Fast and efficient check in when I arrived about 8.30pm - what's with the warm cookie? Room was at the front of the hotel which essentially overlooks back of buildings. Street-noise wise very quiet. The "back" of the hotel overlooks a tramline - this might not be the case. Room was clean and tidy, iron, coffee, imac. Free wifi which was an excellent plus. Glass table top, not great for computer mice. Whatever pipes/aircon were in the room decided to clunk intermittently during the whole night. Not great.

Conference wise - good, large rooms. modern projects. everything appeared laid out well and readily accommodated. The conference was for @100-150 people. Everyone benefitted from wifi. Not a bad bar. In that respect - good venue.

Breakfast looked expensive for what it was - plenty of choice of alternatives round about

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed at the DoubleTree for 3 nights early September 2013 as we needed a centrally located hotel at a good price. The hotel is ideally situated for Manchester City Centre only minutes walk from the shops and restaurants.
Check is was quick and efficient, and I loved the warm welcome cookie on arrival. I had a standard room which was small but functional. The bed is comfortable and as I was on the 7th floor was not bothered by any street noise. The room does not have a traditional TV but does have an Apple monitor so if you want a large, good picture quality tv in your room then you will be out of luck this wasn't a problem for me as I was seldom in the room during the day.
The staff are helpful - we were recommended a fantastic Italian restaurant by one of the front desk staff who managed to get us a booking for 8 people on a Friday night at very short notice. The bar is a good place to meet even if the service is a little hit and miss - very friendly and willing but they seem to struggle with differentiating soda water from lemonade!
Breakfast is fine but they do need to sort out the coffee they serve, which is tar like!
Overall a good place to stay and I will use again when next in Manchester on business.

Room Tip: rooms on higher floors will have less chance of street noise