DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
$59
$96
$91
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Manchester Upper Brook Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$46
Travelodge
4,372 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiescity cafetrain stationon arrivalfree wificanal streetmanchester piccadillyexcellent hotelmodern hotelmini barbusiness triphotel barbreakfast was excellentcentral locationsaturday nightchecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a really nice hotel. I have stayed on business twice now and would definitely recommend it. It is a modern, vibrant typical 4* hotel. It offers good value for the money. It is literally over the road from Manchester Piccadilly train station and 5 minutes walk from the shops. Breakfast was varied and good with a freshly cooked option from the kitchen available.
The rooms are very comfortable, very clean and very well equipped.
Beware of the huge illuminated advertising hoarding on the opposite of the road for many rooms - it goes all night and despite 3 curtains provided can be hard to stop flashing lights in the room at night.
Last time I stayed I came in late from work and ordered a bowl of chips, nearly £4 and I joke not - there were 6 in the bowl!! Just a word of warning.
It is a very nice hotel though, good value for money and will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Sean W, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Hayleyrigg,

Thank-you for review of your recent stay with us here at the Doubletree by Hilton Manchester.

Your comments regarding breakfast, the bar and room service have been passed on to our food and beverage manager for consideration.

We're glad that you enjoy your stays with us while you are in Manchester and appreciate our fantastic location.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Lovely hotel, cannot go wrong with Hilton. Rooms clean and modern, kingsize bed with al lovely soft quilt.
Restuarant, Bar & mini bar prices are high, but plenty near by to eat and drink.
Near station, shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Maybe it was the cynic in me but I was trying to figure out the catch......
I know I was in one of the notorious cities in the north for violent behaviour....

But, a very pleasant greeting as I entered the building, plenty of staff manning check-in and a nice warm cookie..... Was I dreaming?
No, actually I'd just been pleasantly surprised by the Doubletree Manchester at some really good customer service.
The premises are modern, room comfortable and bathroom clean.
Everything I'd expect from a 4 star hotel which doesn't always happen, though the 3 times I've stayed here over July I've been blown away.

Not the cheapest nor the dearest, but for business it's everything I need.
Ideal location in the centre of the city and a minutes walk from the station plus other key landmarks.

1  Thank TestConsultant

Dear TestConsultant,

Thank-you for sharing your experience with us. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed Manchester and the hotel whilst you were here.

It's great to hear that you are returning to the hotel often due to our high levels of customer serivce, your comments have been passed onto all departments.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My sister and I were staying for one night and arrived at Picadilly station around 10.30am and walked the 3 minutes to this conveniently located hotel ( apparently used to be a Mint Hotel). From the minute we arrived we felt looked after - from the warm welcome cookie to the friendly and informative check in by Sean. We expected to have to leave our bags and check in on our return later in the day but they said as our room was already available we could have it immediately!
the room was perfect for our needs - all the things you would hope for but often don't get - complimentary bottles of water in the fridge ( which had plenty of space for our own purchases too!) free Wifi which is something some of the other big hotels need to consider. Full length mirrors, lighting in wardrobes, iron & board, decent selection of toiletries. And the information directory in the room is written in an easy to read way too. The hotel is quiet ( no banging doors and noisy partygoers on our floor anyway). Only negative is I didn't find the pillows comfortable, but that's more personal choic, and that my sister snored all night and I had forgotten my earplugs!
We only ate breakfast, this was excellent and the staff were totally on top of things, and also friendly. Wen we checked out we left our bags for safe storage all day whilst we had some retail therapy.
This is so much nicer than the more stuffy Hilton at the other end of town, we two girls felt very comfortable and will definitely use it again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear MorecambeLuigi,

Thank-you for your review of your stay with us here at Doubletree by Hilton Manchester.

We're thrilled that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel and had a great weekend with us in Manchester.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I would advise people to read other negative reviews of this hotel and weigh them against the positive. The negative gel with our experience and were repeated with us.The positive all rely on a bit of luck that the front desk staff seem to like you. As Diamond Members we had hoped for an upgrade (which is fairly normal across the system). We were told that we had a "nice quiet room" as requested but that there were no upgrades to be had because the hotel was full. The nice quiet room turned out to be opposite a huge (30-40 feet) Neon sign that flashes all night. Sadly the curtains do not close fully so sleep was not on the cards for that night. We complained bitterly (not having had much sleep) and a) our room was discounted, b) we were moved to an upgraded room and c) we were offered free wine in the room (which we declined -- we were not complaining for freebies, we wanted a room to sleep in (like the reason you book into a hotel!). Now this went some way to dealing with our problem but we couldn't help thinking why the front desk assistant manager could have half way anticipated this problem. 1) People had complained about the room before, 2) he knew an upgraded room was coming up the next day, why not say `sorry about this evening but a lovely room is coming up tomorrow' -- that would have made a huge difference. This made the little things more irritating than usual, like the fact that EVERYTIME we went to our room the key didn't work. We were told that it happens often. As for the size of the rooms, if you want that size of a room and don't want to pay a huge amount try the IBIS chain.

Room Tip: Avoid the side facing the Neon Sign.