“Manchester”

DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
Ranked #18 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed June 12, 2013

What a place came for the weekend to go to Bon Jovi concert there are plenty of places to eat we ended up at Eden which everybody enjoyed The accomodation was top notch and the location perfect after getting off the train at Piccadilly We were a group of 10 and everybody enjoyed the experience

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Write a ReviewReviews (4,296)

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Location is within short walking distance from Piccadilly train station.

After a very early morning flight from Munich to Manchester, my wife n I me reached Doubletree by Hilton Manchester at about 10am.

I totally understand that the hotel could not check us in due the the early arrival. So, without complain we simply venture City of Manchester. Oh.. not forgetting the warm cookies served to us upon our arrival, a pleasant surprise which greeted us! Unfortunately, the female front desk officer wasn't as warm as the cookies she served us.. she was totally cold and distant.

After about 2 hrs, we decided to return to the hotel. The same staff who attended to us saw our presence at the lobby but she chose to ignore if not totally oblivious of us. I assumed that our room wasn't ready. So, we simply waited for the staff to call us for our room.

After about an hour of waiting, obviously we are drained from our wee hours travelling and in desperate need to freshen up, so I approached another staff. And guess what, our room was ready all along. Pretty disappointed but what the hell, it's our holiday and I'm not going to spoil my day by such incompetent, cold and ignorant staff as her.. what a total shame for the hotel.

Our room was located on the 3rd floor.. and after all the set backs.. we were greeted by a very spacious, clean.. and well lighted room.. furnished with Apple TV, toiletry supplies by Crabtree and Evelyn (Citron range) and coffee/tea of Clippers brand. And of course, free range of Wifi everywhere.

Guess all those some how 'compensated' us from the frustrations we experienced earlier.

Breakfast buffet, u need to be early to get a table.. the spread is just as delightful as the warmed cookies and their rooms.. :)

Recommended location and stay, for sure..

Room Tip: Try the rooms facing the Piccadilly Station, more view to see.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
JackAppleton, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review the hotel and share your experience with us.

I do apologise about the incident at check-in and I can assure that we have spoken to our team about this. I'm glad that you enjoyed your room, its amenities and your welcome cookies!

If you would like to contact me at sean.walsh2@hilton.com to further discuss your experience, I'm sure that we can accomodate any special requests if you would like to book again with us.

Best Regards

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I'd seen this hotel from the tram a few times, so when I needed to stay overnight near to Piccadilly station, this was an obvious choice. I've stayed in it's sister hotel in Leeds a number of times, so I'm used to the style and setup.

Quick check in and check out. As I was leaving before 7am the next morning, I didn't think I could get breakfast, as in the evening I was told breakfast was available from 7. When I checked out the next morning, it turned out the kitchen had breakfast ready, so I could have had some, had I known!

Rooms are well laid out with contemporary furniture, and very functional. Plenty of power sockets for your tech, for instance. Also well soundproofed. Couldn't hear the trams going past outside.

Super comfy bed. Didn't want to get up!

The only downside in my room is that the air-conditioning fan was making a weird noise at times, for which the staff were suitably apologetic in the morning. Luckily I didn't need to leave the a/c on overnight, just a quick blast on arrival to cool down the room from the heat of the day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed recently for one night on business.
Location is good - right beside train station and a short walk to city centre.
Public areas are pleasant - open and modern and also pretty busy.
The bar and restaurant are also pleasant - although the openness extends to the restaurant, and while eating breakfast you can be viewed by hundreds of commuters walking past the large windows from the train station to their work.
The check in was efficient and helped by a warm chocolate chip coookie!
The rooms are clean and modern although certainly on the small side. I liked the apple computer for internet access and TV.
I did however leave my iphone charger in the room after checking out and came back in the evening to see if it had been found. The helpful receptionist phoned roomkeeping to find out, but in the meantime indicated that if it hadn't turned up then I could keep one of the hotels chargers instead. It's the small things that help create a good impression....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2013

its a really nice hotel and thankfully they have free and abundant internet, which i love. also its a good location. my only minor gripe is fairly noisy air conditioning, but most hotels are like this

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is an excellent hotel which is very near to Manchester station and other local amenities. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Great for a short weekend away and we benefited from a discount rate.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed here while going to Bon Jovi on 8 June with another couple. We paid £95 which is reasonable for a well positioned city centre hotel, close to bars and shops, certainly walking distance. Both the room and bathroom were a little on the small side but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom clean and well designed considering the size.

The bar staff were helpful when questioned about places to eat and drink nearby and make a pretty good mojito!

Breakfast was not quite up to the usual Hilton standard but only really because it felt cramped at the buffet table and there was a fair queue. Shame there was no fried bread but my heart is probably grateful!

All staff we encountered were polite, professional and helpful. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple