3,764 results
All reviews piccadilly gardens city centre tram stop would stay again stayed here for one night saturday night fantastic location twin room iron ncp concert arena
Selected filters
Reviewed October 6, 2016

I am not sure how this hotel is rated as four star. The rooms are very small and paper thin walls. There was a ten minute wait for breakfast in a que and the lifts took forever. I am now going to work without having had any breakfast and I used the service lifts to get about as the others were so bad.

I would sooner travel back alnight than stay here again

Room tip: Don't stay nd if you allow an hour to get breakfast
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Leanne S, Front Office Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2016

Dear Liz G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly.

It was disappointing to read you had a poor stay with us as this is never the intention of any of the team who work here - we always strive to offer a great relaxing stay for all guests and it appears that this has not been the case on this occasion.

It is unfortunate that you left without any breakfast on the final day of your stay and that you had a delay with the lifts; during peak times in the restaurant we can experience a short wait for a table, particularly when there are high volumes of guests attending for breakfast at the same time, as appears to have been the case here. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and are reviewing available options to increase availability of seating for guests within the restaurant space so please rest assured that we are taking this feedback and working to improve based upon it.

In relation to the lifts, we did experience an unexpected breakdown of one lift for the period of your stay which was immediately reported to our lift maintainers for attendance and repair, however the necessary part for repair was not available and the lift remained inoperable for the day; unfortunately such an unplanned incident does in turn place pressure on to the remaining two lifts in the property at peak times for breakfast and departure; we constantly review this feedback with our lift maintainers so that we may ensure that they are kept operating as efficiently as possible but please be assured that this matter is with our lift company for expedited repair.

We are all truly sorry that these matters have marred your stay with us and we thank you for highlighting these matters so that we may utilise this to improve our service and offering for future guests.

Thank you once again and we do hope that we may be able to welcome you back in the near future

Kind Regards

Matt Shiells-Jones
Front Office Manager

Reviewed October 5, 2016

2pm check in too late. No flexibility on this ie checking to see if a particular room was ready, just a straight no ! Then , because we were going to a matinee had to check in after at 6pm which meant we then had to rush out to a dinner reservation.
Tired rather, shabby room and grubby looking bathroom.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Bushey179,

Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly.

It was disappointing to read your highlighted concerns regarding both the check in time and the room standards. Our departure time is 12pm daily and this is a great benefit for many guests who stay with us, however at peak times such as weekends, many guests do fully utilise this departure time and this therefore leaves us with limited possibility of checking in before the check in time of 2-3pm onwards. I apologise this was not clearly explained to you however we will always endeavor to check people in once we have rooms returned to us as cleaned by housekeeping. Please do accept our utmost apology that you felt the check in time to be too late for your stay and that we did not have any availability at the time to process your arrival any earlier than the published time.

In relation to the rooms, we are currently reviewing a refurbishment program for the hotel and your feedback will be used moving forward to ensure that guest comfort levels are exceeded when it should come to room remodelling.

We understand you may feel unlikely to return however we do hope that we can have the chance to restore your faith in us in the near future.

Kind Regards

Matt
Front Office Manager

Reviewed October 4, 2016 via mobile

Booked for a birthday night out in the city. Check in a bit slow but room suitable and clean. Bathroom needs some updating, very old fashioned.
Good central location.
Value for money and would stay again. Serves its purpose.

More than average but not a very good.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Leanne S, Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2016

Dear Joanne L,

Thank you for leaving a review based on your recent stay at the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly.

I am happy to read that you had a pleasant birthday celebration stay with us. I am sorry however that we did not meet your expectations with regards to our decor, we are currently in discussions over refurbishments within the property and will keep your feedback for future reference.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here two nights so we could enjoy the many offerings of this fab city! The hotel was in a great spot, right in the city centre, and up high enough to avoid much of the craziness of the busy streets outside. The room was a lovely size for UK standards, spacious enough for a small two seater couch along with a generous bed, which was most comfortable and the room was lovely and clean. We enjoyed the coffee machine in the room, and the complimentary drink, due to being Accor gold members, thank you very much!
The hotel does have a lovely bar and restaurant with a great view over Piccadilly, although we didn't dine here, we enjoyed a few drinkies in the bar and a late night treat with coffee, they do a delightful pecan pie!
The staff were all very pleasant and accommodating.

Date of stay: August 2016

Dear Cockerfamilythree,

I am delighted to read that you had such a great stay with us and that you found the location our hotel is situated in of great use to you. I have passed on your feedback to our team as I'm sure you can imagine receiving such a positive review is a great motivator for them.

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 3, 2016 via mobile

I was a bit disappointed with this hotel. Firstly it was during a very expensive weekend in Manchester being Parklife. I appreciated that prices were hiked at this time but I have stayed in other central hotels at expensive times and still had better experiences. The room was quite dated and generally a bit 'shabby' round the edges. The parking was VERY expensive and I was disappointed that there was NO discount for hotel guests, we just had to pay the same a none guest. I was so unhappy about the attitude from the receptionist when I questioned this that I decided to move my car for the second night to a nearby NCP carpark for less than half the price!
Also I am an Accor hotels member but there seemed to be no appreciation of this which was especially frustrating when we had to wait 20 mins to check in whilst the 'speedy' privilege card holders aisle was un manned.
Upon checking out I checked the bill carefully and I am glad I did as I had been charged for two nights parking despite telling the staff I was going to move my car.
Overall I was left quite disappointed with this hotel. Staff weren't very friendly, poor check in experience, dated room and expensive parking.
Obviously the central location is perfect, however I will definitely choose one of the many other central hotels next time.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Leanne S, Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2016

Dear Potterjen,

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us over the Park life weekend. With regards to the car parking this price was reviewed at the beginning of the year and was comparable with other hotel car parking facilities in the area. I am sorry that you felt this was an unacceptable price and not value for money. I am also sorry that you felt our receptionist was not very friendly, we are normally praised for the teams friendliness and helpfulness so I will pass this onto our Front Office Manager to deal with appropriately and give more training is necessary as well as the confusion with your car parking bill.

Regarding the reception staffing levels this is something we are currently in the process of looking at to try and ensure that queuing time is reduced to a minimum and desks are manned at all times, I am disappointed that this affected your stay with us.

I am deeply sorry that we let you down and you do not wish to return to the hotel but thank you for the feedback as it gives us areas which we can improve on in the immediate future.