Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
$142
$133
Travelocity
3,279 results
All reviewspiccadilly gardenscentral locationtram stopwould stay againdouble roomsaturday nightstayed here for one nightfantastic locationarndale centregood nights sleepfloorchinatownhairdryerironncpconcertarena
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed Saturday 14th September. Excellent location just off Piccadilly gardens. Fab for shopping/food etc. We stayed in a "priviledge" room which was fab. Defo worth the extra pennies! Nespresso machine, large room, large flat screen tv, bathrobes, slippers, toiletries etc. Nice bar. Nice staff. Worst thing was trying to find it! The entrance to its car park is tucked away next to the NCP and it's main entrance is on the first floor! I would definitely revisit!

• Stayed: September 2013
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your experience of our hotel following your stay with us on Saturday. I was pleased to hear that you were impressed with our privilege rooms and the additional enhancements that come along with them. Glad to hear too that you will definitely return and with this in mind, we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

When I stay in Manchester on business I always stay here. They are very good with single female travellers, discrete and always happy to help. The rooms are comfortable with a nice deep bath. My only issue is the menu in the restaurant - as I am there regularly I find the food isn't as varied as I would like it. Apart from that the breakfast has a lot of selection, the staff are always helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your experience of the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel. Guest feedback is extremely important to us, so your comments are appreciated.

On a future visit to Manchester, I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Mercure is in a good central location, but it's in a rough part of town. Reception's on the second floor which you get to either either from the untidy open air car park or from street level past the beggars sitting by the door. The ground floor reception desk isn't staffed and there's nothing to stop people wandering in and up in the lifts to the residential floors. It doesn't feel safe there. The standard room was the smallest I have had the misfortune to stay in in Manchester, cannot have been much more than 15m. Very claustrophobic and uncomfortable. The fire escape map showed this was indeed the norm. Oh yes, and by the stairs to the car park, yes despite both being on the second floor the levels don't match, annoying if you have heavy bags, there's a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence, go figure!

Room Tip: Avoid, well at least avoid the standard rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Guest

It goes without saying that I was extremely disappointed to hear that we failed to meet your expecations on this occasion.

Our central location within the City is indeed extremely popular and being just round the corner from Piccadilly Bus Station, the Metrolink and main shopping area, it is a very busy area. Unfortunately we cannot control what occurs outside our Hotel and individuals such as you have described, are not just bespoke to our area of Manchester. You have my complete assurance, howver, that should we ever come across a situation that we believe may have an impact on customers entering or leaving the building, then appropriate action will be taken.

We do have differing room types at the hotel and for those guests who may wish for a larger room, then we do have privilege and superior rooms available.

I can confirm that our Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence was awarded to us in light of the many positives reviews we received from guests who had a very pleasant stay with us; I am only too sorry that this appeared not to be the case for you on this occasion.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I always check availability of this hotel for my Manchester business trips as I’m always well looked after - I know it’s clean & comfortable - can park on site - location easily walkable to all my meetings in the centre.
Checked in by friendly, helpful Natalia who was able to suggest walking routes to some locations I had not previously visited – very useful (and they proved right).
Room on the ninth floor with great view over the main street – everything provided – toiletries, tea & coffee etc (although I think the quantity of tea & coffee is a bit stingy) but everything much more than adequate.
Dinner served in the bar/restaurant was very good – I think my waitress was called Gabi & she went out of her way to make sure a lone traveller such as I was well looked after.
It really lifts the spirits to be served by such a cheerful person.
There is a fantastic view from the panoramic window here & once again I was fortunate to sit right next to this fascinating scene of people scurrying about and as the evening grew darker and the lights came on it was really excellent – the quality of the ice cold Becks helped mellow the mood too.
The only minor flaw was after I had settled the bill (on my room) with Gabi, I finished my pint and as I was leaving the restaurant a waiter charged over blocking my way & asked ‘Have you settled the bill sir?’ – in other words ‘are you doing a runner?’.
I was a bit shocked but explained I had already paid – no big deal but the communication needs to be a bit better between the waiting guys.
A good nights sleep followed by a cooked buffet breakfast (great bacon) served by Natalia (I don’t think they ever sleep) – She was still smiling despite possibly long hours – makes a big difference to us as it’s infectious & we go out smiling too.
So, another very pleasant stay @ the Mercure.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better the view but may be slower on waiting for lifts for checkout.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Guest

I was delighted to hear that you had another pleasant stay with us and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with your fellow Tripadvisor readers. Your kind feedback regarding Gabi and Natalia is appreciated and I will certainly share your comments with them.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.