Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
$93
$118
$112
3,276 results
All reviewspiccadilly gardenscentral locationtram stopwould stay againdouble roomfantastic locationsaturday nightstayed here for one nightarndale centregood nights sleepfloorchinatownhairdryerironncpconcertarena
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Let's start out by saying that I guess I was unlucky in being in Manchester at a time when the weather was warm and that this hotel seems unable to cope with that. The positives - the location is great and the breakfast buffet is really nice.

But the negatives outweigh this to such an extent that there is no way I would ever stay here again (which is something I've never said about any other hotel I've stayed in!) I visited early July, staying on the 9th floor. The weather had been warm for a few days and when I entered the bedroom, after being taken aback by the tiny size, I was immediately unimpressed with the temperature and humidity. I fiddled with the air conditioning but all it seemed to do was to adjust the speed of the warm air coming out of the ceiling fan in the entryway to the room. As this entryway is a sort of corridor, there's no movement of air within the main part of the room. The windows do not open to let fresh air circulate either (why?)

I slept that first night (first of four) on top of the covers - and slept badly. By the next evening, the temperature was even higher and I could not wait for breakfast the next morning to get into an air conditioned, cool, room. Once again, I'd slept badly on top of the covers, resorting to having a cold shower to cool down the next morning. The third night was a little bit cooler and more tolerable but once again, I longed for breakfast so that I could get away from the temperature of the room.

The final night I could take it no more and went to reception to try to get another room. The hotel was fully booked but the receptionist radioed through to the engineer and asked him to pass by and fix the air conditioning. He never came. I also discovered that the maid service had not left new toiletries that morning either.

The room was tiny; the bathroom was not so bad. The towels were also pretty rough and more the sort of level that you would expect in a Premier Inn rather than this supposedly more upscale brand of the Accor group. However, all was at least clean.

So clean, good breakfast, well located, but tiny rooms and awful maintenance of the air-con with a maintenance engineer not bothering to turn up to fix it. I've rated the value as 'Poor' because what I pay for is a decent night's sleep, which you can't get here if the outside temperature is above about 20 degrees.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Daniel C
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that we failed to impress on this occasion, mainly due to the problem you experienced with the air conditioning in you room; please accept my apologies.

All our bedrooms are equipped with a climate control system which controls the heating or air conditioning. To ensure this system works as efficiently and effectively as it should, our windows are secured. Indeed we are in the midst of a very hot spell of weather and I can confirm that our air conditioning is working at full capacity. Unfortunately, just like at home, maintenance issues can happen at any time. At such times, when we come across such a situation, or it is brought to our attention, we will always do our very utmost to remedy the problem as quickly as possible. It is shame that it took you until your final night to bring the problem you were experiencing with the air conditioning to our attention, as I am sure given more time, we could have addressed the matter to your satisfaction.

It goes without saying, I am disappointed that as a result of your experience on this occasion, this has ultimately marred your opinion of us and as such, you will not return. I would hope that going forward that you may have a change of heart and that we will be able to provide you with a more positive experience, very much like those guests who have commented on their stay before you on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Room was tidy and comfortable. Good central location next to station and shopping. staff very friendly and courteous. Breakfast was good. Secure car park and Very pleased with everything. Will stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I thank you too for your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Service was excellent and very friendly Room clean and comfortable stayed for robbie williams show at ethiad Location ideal tram stop outside ideal for manchester itself Would highly recommend and definitely stay again

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

It goes without saying that I was absolutely delighted to read your review and I thank you for sharing your experience of our Hotel with your fellow Tripadvisor readers.

I do hope that it won't be too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We enjoyed a Saturday night stay at the Mercure and were not disappointed. Our double room was clean & comfortable, and we really did appreciate the air conditioning after wandering Manchester on one of the hottest days of the year! We will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for posting your review of the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel following your stay with us on Saturday night; it really is appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.