“Fab weekend with the family”

Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
Ranked #64 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fab weekend with the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel last weekend with all my family and could not fault the hotel and service in any way! The room was superb, very modern, clean and spacious for city centre Manchester. The breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice and the staff were extremely attentive. I have stayed in many hotels and this is up there with the best for a city centre location. Would definitely recommend this place, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you had a super stay with us when you visited Manchester recently with your family. Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor and for your recommendation too. I hope it won't be too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again too.

David Daly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (578)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as we were going to a concert at the MEN arena and this hotel seemed suitable! It is in an excellent location, close to the station, shops, restaurants and bars and the arena. The room was quite small but that's what you expect from a city centre hotel, it was all very clean and modern and had everything we needed! You could hear other people around, especially in the corridor at some points, but this wasn't a huge issue for us! The staff were very attentive and helpful. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Guest feedback is extremely important to us and I thank you therefore for posting your experience of our Hotel following your recent visit to Manchester.

I was delighted to hear that you would definitely stay with us again and with this in mind, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

The hotel was well located for shopping and eating and also only 10 mins walk to Piccadilly Station. This is handy for us arriving as well as departing for Manchester Int Airport. Staff were very helpful, the room was nice and clean and there was free wifi. we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your review. Indeed our central location is perfect for getting out and about to explore all that Manchester has to offer and we are so close to all the main transport links too.

I was pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed at the Mercure as i was in Manchester for a business trip, got a good rate which helped me justify the cost of an overnight stay, room was clean and tidy with a nice view of the city, all the staff were friendly and polite and the service was excellent. interior, resturant and breakfast where all a good standard and the hotel was centrally located, what more would you need from a hotel not much, i will stay again the next time i visit Manchester

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review following your recent business trip. I was delighted to hear that on your next visit to Manchester we will be your choice hotel and with this in mind, I hope that it won't be too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Wetherby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

This must be one of the best hotels we have stayed in. We were in Manchester with friends on a budget break. The staff in every area were exceptional, the food and the room just perfect. We couldn't find fault anywhere - only praise. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Manchest.

Room Tip: Wherever you go in the hotel you will be very satisfied. We were overlooking the Piccadilly area an...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Guest feedback is very important to us and to read your comment that you couldn't find fault anywhere, was indeed a delight to hear. I therefore thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your most positive feedback on Tripadvisor; it really is appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business for 5 days over a 2 week period.
Check in - awful. Greeted by a massive queue. After 25 minutes until being served i was then was told they didnt have my booking! Took another 30 mins to finally get a room. Even though I had my confirmation with me.
Room service - slow, took over an hour. When the food eventually arrived, it was awful. Inedible in fact.
Rooms - paper thin walls. You can hear everything. Damp smell throughout. Unable to open windows to ease the smell.
Outside- beggars outside, everytime you enter\leave you are asked for money. Not nice for a female on her own. It was very intimidating at times.
Bar- i ordered a whiskey and lemonade one night. The bar tender decided to have an "argument" with me over Jack Daniels. I mentioned JD was a burbon and not a whiskey he jumped down my throat!

Had my company not booked this hotel I would have checked out and gone elsewhere. I have advised my company to not use this hotel ever again.

Avoid

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Ladydrummer
Dear Guest

It goes without saying that I was extremely disappointed to read your review following your experience of the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly whilst staying with us on business over a 2 week period; my apologies that we failed to meet your expectations.

I would like to touch base with you personally to discuss your feedback and therefore if you could spare me the time, I would be grateful.

In the meantime, my apologies once again that we failed to impress on tihs occasion and going forward, I do hope that I may have the opportunity to provide you with a more positive experience.

David Daly

Travelers are raving about these Manchester hotels

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

In on business, I was coming into Manchester on a late arriving train and leaving the next morning on train to....
I needed a place to sleep that was clean, had wifi, walking distance from the station (but not on top of the station), quiet and walking distance to Albert Square.
I booked Sunday night and paid £42 for a double bed room, with wifi, no breakfast. And it ticked all the boxes.

Easy enough to find and about a 8-10min walk from both the station and Albert Square.
The room was clean, comfortable and offered all the necessary facilities but clearly no luxurious extras. The bed was OK - I hate the pushed together twin bc unless you pile it high with comforters and featherbeds, I can still feel the middle ridge.
I asked for a high floor, with a view, quiet room and away from the elevator. I got all but the last part - which was fine bc there wasn't much traffic.

Would I stay here again? For a night, on business where I need to be in/out and away quickly. Yes.
Would I stay here w my partner for a romantic weekend? No.

The staff were really friendly and I liked that the keycard holder had wifi instructions - which is the most sensible place to have it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience of the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel following your stay with us on Sunday night. I was pleased to hear that we ticked all the boxes and do hope on a future visit to the City, we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back again whether it be for business or indeed I hope leisure.