“Average slightly worn out hotel”

Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
Ranked #75 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Rooms ok but a bit tatty. Breakfast ok, staff mostly friendly. Bar atmosphere cold and not very inviting. If you are in an upper floor be prepared to wait a long time for a lift at checkout time! Good location in centre of Manchester - short distance from China Town and lots of good restaurants.

Room Tip: Go for a lower floor to avoid lift queues at check out time
1  Thank BristolMKH
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your stay with us.

As a 280 bedroomed hotel, when the Hotel is full, at peak times I do appreciate that operationally pressure can be placed on the lifts and guests do not move around the hotel as quickly as they would like. There are fire exit stairs by the side of our public lifts which guests are more than welcome to use which give access to all floors; I am sorry if this was not communicated to you and for any inconvenience caused.

I was pleased to hear that you found our location spot on in terms of exploring Manchester and I do hope that this will sway you to visit us again sometime in the future.

David Daly

Write a ReviewReviews (3,181)

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed at the Mercure for 13 nights this month. Location is very good. Rooms comfy and very clean. I had the pleasure of meeting many helpful staff and would like to thank Massimo, Martin & Gabi for going the extra mile and making my stay a more personal one.

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience of the Hotel following the time you have spent with us during the month; your feedback was extremely pleasing to read. It will give me great pleasure to share your kind comments with the team, giving particular mention to Massimo, Martin & Gabi, who I know will be equally as delighed as I was to receive them.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Hotel is a really good place to stay. Few teething problems but staff are really friendly and welcoming. Rick, Gabi and and Martin are always friendly and warm welcoming, they all provide a great service which is now rare to come by! Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for posting your review following your recent stay. I was delighted to hear that you found the team friendly and welcoming, particularly Rick, Gabi & Martin who I know will be equally as delighted as I was to receive your kind comments.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel was fab! Very friendly staff and rooms are really nice. I came in at 4am and the night porter was really friendly to me and even had a chat with me! I would stay here again. It was really good value for money .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Guest

I was delighted to hear that you had a fab stay with us and that the night team gave you a warm and friendly welcome when you arrived at the Hotel so early.

On a future visit to Manchester, I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed here last Friday with a friend - no complaints from us. We stayed for one night as we were at a gig in the city that night, therefore didn't experience room service/ bar & restaurant service.

We stayed in a twin room which was a nice size for 2 guests, everything was spotless. Great shower and a very good hairdryer - compared to the small, old-fashioned and almost useless ones a lot of hotels provide. Very comfortable.

The hotel is in a great location - bus station and tram stop to various locations in the city are right outside the hotel. 5-10 minute walk from Picadilly train station - probably easier to get the tram down if you have luggage.

The only problem we encountered was the condensation on the bedroom windows. This wasn't a problem for us as we are fairly local to Manchester therefore were not interested in the view. However I would be disappointed if I was a visitor to the city.

All in all a very pleasant, short overnight stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

I was delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay and thank you for sharing your experience. With regard to the condensation you encountered in your room, we have been aware over the winter months that this has been a problem in some of our bedrooms and we have been looking at several ways on how we can resolve this. As you say, we do have great views from our bedrooms windows and it is a shame that on occasions, we are not always able to show them off.

Thanks again and I do hope that on the next occasion you have accommodation requirements in the City, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Average city centre hotel. Good Manchester location but nothing special about the hotel, very soulless. Service was limited - I wasn't sure there was ever more than one person working at the hotel. Waited 10 minutes at reception for receptionist to get off phone in order to check in.

Double bed was tiny. Really tiny.

Will be returning back to Marriott in the future. Better beds, loads more atmosphere if not such a great location.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your stay with us. I was disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations to the full; please allow me to express my apologies. All feedback from whatever media is always used constructively, so I thank you for bringing various matters to my attention.

Although I can see you do have an alternative preference when visiting Manchester, I do hope that sometime in the future we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back and to have the chance to restore your faith in us.