“mercure hotel manchester”

Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
Ranked #66 of 118 Hotels in Manchester

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (605)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Great hotel in city centre. Restaurant overlooks Piccadilly Gardens with big glass windows. Staff really friendly and helpful when called upon for assistance. Small rooms and soft, sagging mattress.

Several of the (expensive) menu options unavailable in main restaurant at dinner. No scallops one night, no avocado the next. Fish & chips came with mushy peas with weird inclusion of spicy jalapeños; just killed the dish. Perhaps that justified them charging nearly £15!

Beware, all food bills have 10% service charge added automatically. I left a tip on the table as well, not realising as this fact isn't printed in the menu (anywhere obvious at least). Only when I checked out the next day and examined the receipt more closely did I spot it!

My major annoyance was the guests in the next room. Walls are paper-thin and even a normal conversation can be heard next door, never mind a group of people coming back from the bar and congregating in one room at 2 am. I called down to the front desk who took immediate action to reduce the disturbance. Trouble is, as I said, even a normal conversation can be overheard and this went on well into the night meaning I got very little sleep.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank rtwexplorer2010
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor following your stay with us.

We always welcome candid feedback such as yours, as it really helps us to maintain our standards and focus on areas that we may need to improve on.

Thank you once again and I hope that sometime in the future we may have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Worcester, South Africa
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Central, close to everything as there is a tram and bus terminal on the side of the hotel on Piccadilly Gardens with the main shopping center a block away. Train station 800m away with high speed rail link to London etc. Staff is very helpfull with the rooms an absolute delight. Breakfast area has the best view! The hotel doesn't have floors on the street and all rooms start at a height of about the 4th floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view over Piccadilly Grardens.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments on Tripadvisor following your stay with us.

As you have mentioned, one of the main benefits of the Hotel is our central location and being only a short walk away from Piccadilly Railway Station, is of great benefit to many of our guests who may wish to travel by this method.

I agree with you that ARTS Brasserie on level three, where breakfast is served, is a great viewing point to sit and leisurely watch the hustle and bustle of Manchester below.

Many thanks once again and I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Manchester
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I recently stayed at the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly hotel with my girlfriend as we were attending an event at the Britannia Hotel across the road.

The Hotel: If you want a central Manchester hotel you cant get much better than the Mercure. Housed in the old Jarvis/Ramada hotel building the Mercure sits over Piccadilly Gardens and is easily accessable. The Bus station and tram stop are at the foot of the hotel and Piccadilly train station is a 10min walk away.

The room: we booked a standard double room, we got one on the 12th floor overlooking Piccadilly gardens. As it was clear and sunny we could easily see Manchester's surrounding hills. The room is fairly small but not crampt. The double bed was lovely to sleep in, very soft matress! There is a flatscreen tv, small desk and sitting chair. The room also has air conditioning, which was great as we couldnt open a window...though you may not have been able to anyway!

The bathroom: A good size and had everything you expect from a bathroom. My only slight niggle was, the shower head was a little low for me meaning I had to stoop to wash my hair...only a minor niggle though!

Breakfast: We had the buffet breakfast which served a good range of hot and cold food. Again, only a small niggle, but I thought the staff serving drinks could have been a bit more friendly. But I wouldnt say it put us off or anything!

Overall: I really see no reason to stay in another hotel if you want a central Manchester hotel.....unless you get a really cheap deal elsewhere. The staff, on the whole, were great and were able to look after our luggage in the cloackroom for a good few hours as we shopped in Manchester after check-out.

I can't recomend this place enough, great hotel!

Room Tip: Choose a high room, and ask for one overlooking Piccadilly gardens
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear Guest

Many thanks for sharing your experience of the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel with your fellow Tripadvisor viewers.

I'm happy to hear that you'd have no hesitation recommending us and I trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2012

this hotel has a great location - 5 mins walk from Manchester Piccadilly Station, 30 seconds from a tram station and very close to lots of shops and restaurants. Staff were helpful and efficient. The room was a good size, the bed was very comfortable and the TV worked really well! It was clean as well. The bathroom was a good size and the power shower was AMAZING and very strong which I like! For a city centre hotel I got a very good rate. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us; it really is appreciated.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2012

We stayed here for just one night and its a night we will remember for the rest of our lives ! What made our stay so specail was the lovely staff they were there with a smile and asking if ther was anyting we needed ! The food was excellent we had dinner and breakfast in the hotel ! the room was perfect and so clean thank you Mercure we will be back .

1 Thank lucy b
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor following your stay with us.

I was thrilled to read your very kind comments and I am so pleased that the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel played some part in your 35th wedding anniversary celebrations.

Congratulations from myself and the team once again and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Windermere, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed here for one night on a leisure break when we were going to the Bridgewater Hall for a concert. We had an excellent room rate. The room was spacious, nice big bathroom and comfy bed. Hot shower in the morning. A very small point which did not disturb sleep too much was that despite being on the 14th floor we could hear street noise - this was very much in the background but could cause a problem if you are a light sleeper. I always carry ear plugs just in case which usually helps. I never have great expectations from hotel breakfasts - but here the quality of the hot food was excellent. Served at your table by friendly staff. Well worth paying the extra if you like a cooked breakfast. Coffee could be a little stronger but I usually need at least two shots to wake me up! Certainly one of the better breakfasts I have had at a medium priced hotel. The staff at reception were helpful with maps on how to get from A to B - we would particularly like to say thanks to Joanne on reception who we felt went the extra mile to help us. We would definately stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for you for taking the time to place your review of the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read your very positive comments about your stay and in particular the high level of customer care you received from Joanne on Reception. I will certainly make sure she sees sight of your kind comments.

So pleased to hear that you will definitely come and visit us again and therefore I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

David Daly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
ABode Manchester
ABode Manchester
#21 of 118 in Manchester
Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street

Been to Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel? Share your experiences!