Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
$93
$118
$112
3,276 results
All reviewspiccadilly gardenscentral locationtram stopwould stay againdouble roomfantastic locationsaturday nightstayed here for one nightarndale centregood nights sleepfloorchinatownhairdryerironncpconcertarena
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We booked this hotel when it was called the Ramada Piccadilly, it has since become the Mercure Piccadilly. Our criteria were - disabled facilities (I am in a wheelchair), central location and a car park. The name changed to Mercure but no-one told us. Fortunately, a friend let us know the day before we arrived so we did not waste too much time although the sign to the car park was tiny and we missed it the first time.

The car park is up a spiral ramp and was very cramped but a member of staff put out cones for us after we arrived, to make sure we could get my wheelchair out in future. We never saw a disabled bay in the 5 days we were there! Perhaps there are none.

To get from the car park to reception required me to wait for a member of staff to activate a 'flying carpet' lift to get me down a small flight of stairs. Once we were in the hotel, a normal lift took us to our room and down to street level.

Our disabled room was adequate, but quite small as most of it had been converted to a roll in shower / toilet.

The first two days, we had no heating in our room. The first night we slept with clothes on under two duvets. There are only two disabled rooms and the other was occupied so we could not move. The 2nd night we were given a fan heater. The staff tried to get the heating sorted but it took 3 days.

The staff were great, very helpful and apologetic about the heating and for having to wait for the 'flying carpet' lift. Breakfast was very good. Plenty of choice and very tasty.

There was often a smell of cigarette smoke in the corridor, probably drifting up from a smoking area outside.

The location was great, within easy wheelchair rolling ditance of shops, cathedral and museums.

When we left, the hotel waived the car park fee in compensation for the heating problem.

Because of the inconvenient 'flying carpet', we will not use this hotel again. If this was replaced by a ramp, we would use it again.

1  Thank rochesterhouse
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Tripadvisor following your stay with us. I am sorry that you encountered a problem with the heating in your bedroom and that it took a 3 days for this issue to be resolved. I was pleased to hear, however, how the team reacted at the time but can still fully appreciate, that as we were unable to move you to another room, the inconvenience this matter caused.

I have taken on board your comment regarding the lift that allows wheelchair users access from our car park into Reception and I apologise if this caused inconvenience. We have in the past looked at installing a ramp but due to the gradient required and the length this ramp would have to be to comply with legislation, unfortunately it is not a feasible option. With regard to a disabled parking space, we are currently in negotiations with our Landlords in relation to marking out car park spaces which would include, going forward, a designated disabled parking bay.

I was sorry to read that due to the lift situation in Reception, you would not use again but if you do ever reconsider, please do make contact with me and at that time if you can give me an estimated time of arrival, I will personally arrange for the lift to be ready to ensure there are no delays and also to ensure your stay with us is to your complete satisfaction.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel whilst enjoying a weekend away to celebrate my 40th birthday in June. We loved our room overlooking Picadilly Gardens and enjoyed a wonderful meal in the hotel's restaurant. Looking forward to staying again on the 25th November.

Richard Morican, Blackpool, UK

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Picadilly gardens are recommended.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2011

Many thanks for positing your review, as well as taking time to attach photos too. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again on the 25th November.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

It located just opposite to the Piccadilly Garden Station and a less than 10 mintues walk to Manchester Piccadilly Station.
Also, It's near the shopping area such as Arnolde and Harvey Nicoles. Very Nice.

The room is just clean and tidy, with large window. Plenty of light in room.
Good Breakfast! And Free wifi at 3/F~

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Many thanks for taking the time to place your review on Tripadvisor. One of the main benefits of our Hotel is our central location, so much so our guests are in easy walking distance of all the great facilities that we have on our doorstep,

I do hope that we will have the opporutnity of welcoming you back again very soon.

David David

Reviewed November 1, 2011

We stayed for one night at the mecure hotel formally known as the ramada hotel. We booked & paid for the room in advance and requested an executive room at £155 for what we got was dis-appointed. As i could not tell you what we actually paid the extra for and what the difference is between an exec and standard room. Breakfast is pricey at £11.95. But hotel was quiet and great location to shops, train station, bars & resturants. Would stay again but in a standard room and not a highly priced one

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor, which is greatly appreciated. Although I can see you were disappointed on this occasion with the room allocated to you, I was pleased to hear that due to our location, you would still be prepared to come back to us again, which I sincerely hope you do. Thanks again.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

The location is excelent - I had a room with a view of Piccadilly Gardens. I liked the fact that I was able to adjust the heating/temperature in my room. Overall, I had a very pleasant stay, rooms are clean and comfy. The only things is a slow breakfast/dinner, as the waitres insist on showing you to your seat. That's not helpful, if 100 people arrive at the same time.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank rbozi

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel and I was extremely pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Your comment regarding breakfast/dinner service has been taken on board and as with all guest feedback, it will be utlised when we revisit/reassess our standards of service and delivery to ensure that we are continually offering the best possible service to our guests at all times.

Thanks again and I do hope that we will see you again very soon.