“Everything ok.”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Ranked #53 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Not so cheap I expectd but the hotel is pretty new, the room and the bathroom were clean: the most important thing when I travel. The free wifi connection, thanks to a voucher code available at the reception, requires a registration or twitter/facebook account. Negative note: at 4am I needed a taxi to the terminal but I had not cash and there was no solution except walking under the rain.. and the staff did not help me to work it out in some way.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Denise1922, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Hi

Thank you for using your own time to leave a review on our hotel. We appreciate that sometimes we are caught a little short with difference currencies and with your feedback are now looking at installing an ATM at the hotel in the future.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in May 2014. We chose the location as it was the cheapest option near Manchester at short notice! The hotel was exactly as you'd expect for a budget hotel - simple, no frills. The breakfast was really good for the price. We have a daughter under two so we were down to breakfast early and I think the early starters seem to get a better experience - fully stocked buffet etc. We noticed that at the end of the breakfast sitting the buffet seemed to wind down to left overs!
We were satisfied with the accomodation etc but for us the staff really made the visit stand out from the average. They were so friendly and caring. Absolutely lovely with our baby daughter and really attentive and accomodating when my husband was unwell on the second night of our stay.Based on our experience, you can't really go wrong for cheap and cheerful!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Hello

We are really pleased that the staff are what made your stay, I will be sure to pass your comments on.

Thank you for leaving feedback about breakfast, with comments like yours we know where we need to improve services and really appreciate you taking your own time to complete this review.

Thanks again

Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Comfortable bed and nice shower. Lounge looks like it was assembled in idea and bar has unfortunately zero appeal.
Breakfast is of the standard when you know that eggs mean powder.
Wireless limited to 20 mins
Look elsewhere for an airport hotel

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Denise1922, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Hi

Thank you for using your own time to complete this review.

To get unlimited Wifi you need a code from reception, we will endeavour to let everyone know this upon there arrival, to save any confusion in the future.

Thank you for your positive comments about the room, and please be assured that the new bar area which is well under-way will have a lot more appeal.

Maybe you should give us another try on your next visit to Manchester.

Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

After being given 2 different rooms whilst at reception (rooms not available or under maintenance) and 5 different entry cards I am now in my room, no TV remote... but I have a disabled room I didn't require! Absolutely useless I may pull the red cord next to my bed to escape.

Hotel still being finished as it would appear is the staff training. Book somewhere else like the premier inn next door!

1  Thank Stuart C

Hello

I am sorry to see you experience some difficulties during your stay, and we thank you for the feedback, without which we would not be able to see the areas in which we need to improve.

Thank you for using your own time to leave your review.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Since this is a newly refurbished hotel and opened just a month ago I had high expectation prior to arrival. Well...this hotel didnt disappoint me. Staff was extremely friendly, very attentive and made sure we felt ourselves like home. Breakfast is basic, but is served in a nice way. Room was clean, big and couldnt hear any noise. I highly recommend it. Its not just an other HIEX or an airport hotel. All in all truly impressive. Well done!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Istvan B
Denise1922, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Hello

Thank you for leaving such great feedback on your stay with us. I will be sure to let the staff know how they made you feel.

Once again thank you for using your own time to leave this review.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

The work to convert this hotel from a Travelodge to a Holiday Inn Express is not yet complete so the hotel is largely empty and feels pretty soul-less at the moment. Staff are friendly enough, probably outnumber the guests, but not otherwise especially competent. I had a meal here which was a pretty lonely experience but I stayed away from the empty bar. Everything else is 100% average HIE (except the unusually large showers which I suppose are what you get if you convert a bath space to a shower space.) Any parking charge is a bit steep for a hotel that is quite so far from the airport terminal - it's definitely not walking distance. Noise-wise it is very, very quiet which is not bad for a hotel that calls itself an airport hotel. If I had a car I would stay here again, if not I probably wouldn't. BTW there is a huge Premier Inn next door that was packed out when I stayed - what do they know that I didn't?

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank The_Meon_Meerkat
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is a newly refurbished former travelodge. Rooms are of the typical high standard for HIE and the breakfast was fairly standard for this chain also.

The staff were excellent and welcoming and could not have done more to be helpful, including creating wi-fi user accounts on our behalf as the hotel's wi-fi has to be about the most complex to log in to I have experienced. If using an iPhone or iPad forget it as the connection will drop long before you get through the semi-auto-biographical log in procedure. on pc it is probably ok but I have filed shorter credit card applications than it takes to gain wi-fi access here. Shame as it et down an otherwise near perfect experience.

Room Tip: Forget the wi-fi if using a mobile device or tablet!