“Very enjoyable stay.”

Ranked #42 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable stay.”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Despite visiting Manchester on a regular basis we Stayed here for the first time at the end of June and I can't wait to return!

Very prompt and pleasant check in. The receptionist passed on his best wishes as we were celebrating a couple of special occasions which were noted from our reservation.

Made our way up to our room, we had booked the king/executive room and were so glad we did! The room was of a great size, lovely decor with fantastic views over the city from the floor to ceiling windows! We also had been left a celebration plate in our room with chocolates and fruit which was a nice touch. Lovely bathroom with a wide variety of toiletries.

Made our way up to the lounge which is open from 6-8pm. Plenty of drink choices but alcoholic and non alcoholic. On a few occasions the wine hadn't been restocked but their only appeared to be one member of staff who was working flat out trying to keep everything stocked up! Canapés were brought out frequently throughout the two hours. We stayed on a Sunday evening and were extremely surprised to see the lounge so full but there was a good atmosphere. Again the lounge had wonderful views over the city.

We enjoyed our breakfast the following morning and then later went for a swim and jacuzzi at the hotel prior to checking out.

Look forward to returning!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we really do appreciate it.

I am thrilled that you received a warm welcome on arrival to the hotel and that your celebrations were recognised.

I am really pleased that you were able to stay in a one of our Executive rooms which allowed you to enjoy the hospitality of the team in our Executive Lounge and indeed the spectacular views from your guest room.

Thank you for taking the time to visit our leisure facilities prior to your departure and we too very much look forward to your return visit.

John McLaughlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We thought we would give the Hilton at Deansgate another go as our last stay was good bar bedding issues. Fortunately this time the manager was true to his word and non feather bedding was organised for our room based on a note I put on the booking. That in itself is a great improvement as the hotel are actually paying attention to the notes I put on the booking now :-). We had a room on the 10th floor and the room was spotless and had a nice clean smell to the room. We thought this room was bigger than the room we had last time on the 13th floor so that was an added bonus. Aircon was nice and chilly too as it was a very warm day outside. I was a little worried the room might be tatty based on reviews but nope everything was great. Upon returning from our night out we thought we would try our luck getting into Cloud23 for cocktails and yes there was a table available. Cloud 23 was an end to a great night. Overall another great stay and you can't beat this hotel for its location in Deansgate and nearby Spinningfields. We will be back soon

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for returning to stay with us, it was a pleasure to be able to welcome you back to the hotel.

I am very thankful that you returned to the hotel following a disappointing previous stay.

I am really pleased that this stay was to your satisfaction and that the team recognised your requirements.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and enjoy Cloud 23 during your stay.

Once again thank you for staying with us and my team and I look forward to your next visit, which I hope will be very soon.

Colchester
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed for just one night during a conference at the hotel. The location is excellent and this modern and stylish hotel is impressive, although as others have commented the rooms, though well appointed, need a little bit of refurbishment. A couple of things to be aware of, windows are from floor to ceiling so perhaps not for those with no head for heights. However, the plus side is the terrific view across the city and beyond. Surprised that Internet is not included in the room rate and cost £14.99 for one day, also a medium sized bottle of water in the room costs £3.95. Breakfast was excellent as was the catering for the conference. The museum of Science and Technology is on the doorstep as are a range of good eating options. All in all, a good hotel for a business trip with a few leisure activities thrown in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DM51
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Guest

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us recently whilst you were attending a conference.

I am pleased that our location was suitable for your stay in the city and that you found the hotel to be stylish and impressive.

I have taken on board your comments; however I can assure you that Hilton Manchester Deansgate is competitively priced with other hotels in the city and completed a cost analyst when putting our pricing together.

I certainly hope that you choose to stay with us again when business brings you to Manchester or indeed on a leisure stay.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Sunday evening - 8pm, very quiet hotel therefore surprised for a simple room service order to be quoted at 30 mins.... 45 mins later no knock on the door, I call to check progress to be told it would be another 10-15 mins - no explanation or real apology - cancelled my order having lost about 50 mins of my evening - not impressed!!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear guest

Thank you for staying with us recently and for completing this review.

Please accept my apologies that you did not encountered a swift experience via room service during your stay. Our Food & Beverage Manager has been given visibility of your feedback and he will take the necessary action with his team.

We hope that you are able to return to stay with us again soon.

Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Proverty is nice, location is great, fantastic restaurant and bar at the top. VIP lounge is lovely with afternoon tea. Rooms could use a little TLC, the chair was a little tattered but the carpet was clean. The rooms are really pretty with a great modern design. Great value, I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest

Thank you for staying with us recently; it was a pleasure to have you with us.
We are very fortunate to be located in walking distance of all that Manchester has to offer.

I note your feedback regarding some of the furniture in your guest room looking tired and your comments will be discussed when we plan a bedroom refurbishment in the future.

Thank you for highlighting that you would be happy to return for a future stay. The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate look forward to that pleasure.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night for a concert at the Bridgewater Hall. The Hilton is hard to beat for a convenient location - it's a five minutes' walk away.

We had an executive room on the 18th floor. Good view of the city. We could see the canal below and the hills in the distance. The room itself was well-appointed.

We used the Executive Lounge several times, and found it comfortable and well-stocked. In the evening, a full range of drinks was available including spirits (unlike the Newcastle Hilton where we stayed recently).

A full range of breakfast items was available in the morning including the cooked breakfast my partner prefers. He said it was all good quality. The only disappointment was the lack of freshly-squeezed orange juice.

All in all, a very nice hotel in an excellent location.

Stayed July 2014
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate whilst in the city attending a concert at the Bridgewater Hall.

We are very fortunate to be centrally located within the city and I am glad that our location worked well for your visit to Manchester.

I am pleased that you booked to stay in an Executive room and that you enjoyed the hospitality of the team in our 23rd Executive Lounge.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are pleased to be able to offer you a friendly service and we hope that we are able to look forward to a return visit.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I Stayed in Hilton Manchester Deansgate on 11th July for 1 night. Very disappointed in the service provided. We had booked an executive room however when we arrived we were told the executive lounge was closed however their was no mention of this on the website of the early closure times. I have stayed in a lot of Hilton hotels all in executive rooms and have never known a lounge to close at 8pm it is usually 10pm. We went for breakfast the next day which was the worst I've seen at a Hilton hotel. There was dirty food on the side and on the floor. Plates not cleared away. But as 2 members of staff were playing on their mobile phone what do you expect!! it was very little choice, the hot food was a choice of 3 items all of which was cold, greasy. completely unacceptable, for the price you charge. Our room was not much better... there was black marks looked like skid marks on the bathroom floor, the sink was dirty and I had to clean the kettle before I could use it. The staff were patronising when they spoke to me, I tried to complain when I checked out however the attitude of the member of staff was disgraceful he was rude and uninterested. He said their was nothing wrong with the standard of the executive room and walked off. Is this really what to expect from a Hilton Hotel? He didn't apologise once, didn't offer us a chance to speak to the hotel manager or contact details. Completely unacceptable. I am a H Honours member and when I requested a late checkout, the girl on reception said there was no availability which is understandable however their was availability if I wanted to pay £20 an hour for a room!!!!!. So clearly their is availability they just want you to pay instead of offering us one advantage to Hilton Honours!. I have contacted Hilton to make an official complaint regarding this stay!. I am a very valuable customer often using Hilton for business however I certainly am very reluctant after this stay!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Michelle E
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate and for contacting us personally.

I can assure you that following our investigations we will be in personal contact with you.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you didn’t receive our normally high standards of service.