“Worth a visit”

Ranked #42 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Chester
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a night away at the Hilton Deansgate.

If you're staying in Manchester any time soon then I'd say this is definitely worth a visit providing you can get a decent rate.

Beetham Tower is a fantastic building - it offers great views of the city and the Hjilton is a contemporary hotel with good facilities. Recommended for couples, families and business people.

The room was a good size - booked through Expedia so I'm not exactly sure of the the type but standard - all the usual stuff you'd expect, mini bar, ice machine in the hall etc etc. Really comfy bed.

Breakfast was excellent - good range of freshly cooked hot food. Good quality sausages, bacon, yogurts pastries etc and very attentive staff.

The only disappointment for us was the leisure facilities, which was a surprise for a hotel this modern. The leisure area, pool etc is nice however the jacuzzi was tepid. The steam room smelt sweaty - all it needed was some citrous or eucalyptus to make it smell a bit fresher. The changing facilities didn't feel particularly clean, a few lights out in the ladies. A few minor improvements would have changed our stay from a good one to a great one. That aside, I'd still recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
John M, Director of Operations at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay with us.

I am delighted that you were able to stay with us on one of the many ‘deals’ that we are delighted to be able to offer.

I am pleased that on the whole you had a great stay with us and that you were able to enjoyed the great building and the variety we offer in our breakfast selection.

However, I am disappointed to read your comments about your Livingwell experience. There can be no excuse for poor cleanliness and I am very sorry that the facilities were not in perfect condition during your time with us.

I do hope that you are able to stay with us again in the future.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Not the cheapest hotel by far but you do get what you pay for here. Fabulous room and excellent breakfast. Priority members get access to a comfortable lounge with drinks and snacks and gives the feeling of a great end and then start to the day when you stay here. Well worth the extra cash to stay here.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review following your stay with us.

Thank you for staying with us when you visited Manchester and I am delighted that you were able to enjoy one of our Executive rooms on this occasion, where you were able to enjoy the panoramic views of Manchester and beyond.

I am glad that you had a comfortable visit to our Executive Lounge and that you were able to enjoy the offerings in the lounge.

I really do hope that we have the opportunity to look after you again in the future.

Uk
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Booked an executive room for Boxing Day night. At the time of booking there was no indication that Cloud 23 would be closed and that the pool would close early. We were only informed that Cloud 23 would be closed a few days after booking - misleading I feel. I went for a swim at 4.45 only to be advised that the pool would be closing at 5.00 p.m. I was annoyed at this, several other people arrived and the leisure attendant managed to stay on for a further half hour. The view from the room was stunning and we made full use of the executive lounge in the evening and for breakfast the next morning. It was very relaxing and worth the extra money.

If only I had been made aware of the facility restrictions at the time of booking this would have been a top class stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with everyone following your stay with us.

I empathise completely how frustrating it must have been after you had made your reservation at the hotel to be advised of the reduced festive opening times. Due to business in house over the Christmas period we took the business decision to close Cloud 23 and reduce the opening times of Livingwell on a small number of days during this period.

The changes had been advertised prior to the festive period beginning and I am only sorry that this was not communicated to you prior to booking.

I am really pleased that you had a great stay with us and that you had the opportunity to use and enjoy our Executive Lounge facilities that are located on the 23rd floor.

Thank you for recommending us to Trip Advisor readers and we hope that you are able to return to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Service was excellent from the start, had trouble finding parking as, unlike other Hilton Hotel's - this does not have a private car park within sight. Terry, explained that they have an underground parking facility that we could use. As we got to check in and met a lovely gentleman, Kaiser who was well presented, friendly and very welcoming provided all the information that we needed to ensure our stay was 5 star. He very generously gave us a complimentary upgrade to the Executive Guestroom. It was more than we could have asked, with beautiful scenery and impeccable service.

Thank you to the team working Christmas for making our stay very memorable.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
John M, Director of Operations at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we really appreciate it.

We are very fortunate to be ideally located with in the city and it is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, our service, the views and our offerings.

At the hotel we do have a limited number of car parking spaces that we offer for valet car parking for our guests on a first come first serve basis. However, these do become full very quickly; therefore we are delighted to be able to offer our guests a discount when parking at the Great Northern car park, adjacent to the hotel entrance.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am really pleased like many other guests that you found our team members to be always welcoming. I will ensure that your great feedback is shared with them, in particular Terry and Kaiser.

I hope that you are able to stay with us again soon.

St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We chose this hotel for our annual Christmas shop, there are hotels nearer to the shops but this hotel is nearer to the restaurants and bars. We had a great view from our room, the breakfast was good, room was a little hot and disappointed we had to queue for the cloud23 bar but had a good stay and would recommend

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MCMCHC
Dear Guest

I hope that you are able to stay with us again soon.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2013

My friend took me to the Hilton for my Christmas present.

The hotel is ideally located near to shops, bars and restaurants.

The staff were friendly and knowledgeable about where the best places to visit, in particular the front of house manager Damien, nothing was too much for him even though he was extremely busy he recommended a fabulous Italian restaurant opposite and even made the reservation....

A friendly face to greet us when we returned, definitely an asset to the Hilton.

The room was lovely and spacious.

The only fault I can make was that when we arrived back to the hotel after a night out, we went to the bar and they had ran out of white wine and had limited mixers for vodka and gin on a Friday night. Although the staff were very apologetic the fact that a large hotel chain had these issues left me a little disappointed !!!

However I will most definitely visit again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review following your stay with us.

I am absolutely delighted that you were able to enjoy your Christmas present with us.

I am delighted that Damian and the team looked after you and I will ensure that they received your great feedback.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your time in Manchester and am only sorry that the bar had limited offerings on your return. This is a very busy period for the hotel; however this should not have impacted in the service that you received.

We are privileged to have a great location which is in easy reach of all that Manchester has to offer.

I hope that you are able to stay with us again, when we will have the pleasure of looking after you once again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Very Dissapointed. Unless a Premiership Footballer,or off Coronation Street. Special occasion destroyed 13-12-13 Paid £420.00 for a room that in all honesty was to the same standard of a Premier Inn room for average rate of £70-90.which i stay in quite regular. Also Premier Inn will make a reservation in the restaurant for you and honour it,unlike the Hilton Deansgate. The difference was that in 95% of other hotels i stay in i actually felt like a guest, and was treated accordingly, not the Hilton Deansgate. After being told that i couldn't dine at the hotel i decided to check out ,so am unable to comment as we only had chance to shower and change, to then be refused to dine in the Hilton'S own Cloud 23,which i had booked to do as part of the attraction when we made the hotel Reservation 1 week before staying, and was also confirmed at the time of check in.But then was refused entry in front of other guests and refered back to the check in desk like naughty children.But to rectify the problem i was offered room service assist me with my dream evening. Thanks Hilton Deansgate for making Christmas 2013 a time to remember.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your views with everyone.

We have been overwhelmed by the popularity of Cloud 23 and the demand for it and on the day you visited, we were hosting a private event, which meant we had to close earlier than advertised and I am sorry that you feel that you were misinformed of this prior to your arrival.

Due to this event we were not accepting private reservation for the Cloud 23 Bar on the evening of your stay and offered an alternative area in our Podium Bar and Restaurant. I am only sorry that this did not meet with your requirements.

Cloud 23 is unfortunately not a restaurant and would not have been able to accommodate your dining requirements during your time at the hotel.

I am aware that we have been in contact with you directly regarding your visit and thank you again for continued feedback.

With best regards