“Best class of hotel - the hilton blows the competion away”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #47 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Visited for a one night business stay on the 6th November, and was so impressed by the customer service and the quality of the rooms that I will only book with the a hilton for future trips away. From the moment I arrived I was made to feel very special. I was given a free upgrade to the Executive room including the exclusive lounge. The rooms were exceptional and cloud 23 was brilliant. The front desk staff were top class. What more can I say - 11 out of 10.

• Stayed: November 2013
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you booked to stay with us on 6th November and I am pleased that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome on your arrival to the hotel. I can assure you that our entire Front Office team has been made aware of your kind words.

I am really pleased that we were able to upgrade your room on arrival which allowed you to enjoy the hospitality of the team in the 23rd floor executive lounge.

Thank you for taking the time to visit Cloud 23, I am pleased that you enjoyed your time in the bar.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are more than happy to be able to offer you a friendly and helpful service and we hope that you are able to return to stay with us should you visit Manchester again on business or leisure.

John McLaughlin

Write a ReviewReviews (4,649)

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Recently attended wedding and stayed at this hotel for long weekend. Had the queen dulux room and it was outstanding. The room was clean, the bed and pillow superb and the breakfast was fantastic the only thing was that the non veg and veg options were mixed but when asked to have a some eggs for my children they were more than happy to provide. It is expensive but definitely worth it. Will definately be back

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback following your stay with us.

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us recently. I am really pleased that your guest room was to your liking and that you found every aspect of the hotel and our service to be excellent.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are more than happy to be able to offer you a friendly and helpful service and we look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay soon.

wow what a cool place
stayed on a high floor the view is amazing
Cloud 23 is a seies of the coolest bars around
food was great and staff were amazing for UK
GM is a real star made it all happen showed me around and got me hooked on cloud 23

Room Tip: higher the better view amazing
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

I am absolutely thrilled that you had a great stay with us and I am delighted that you encountered excellent service from the team throughout your stay; they have been made aware of your words.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed the view from the comfort of your guest room and from Cloud 23.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed everything about your stay and my team and I truly do look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed in the Hilton at Deansgate, Manchester last Sunday. Arrived at 2pm and went to use the gym. Gym was ok, nothing special by any means. The pool, sauna and steam room were all very nice. The rooms were great and had very nice views of Manchester. Club lounge was very nice as was breakfast in the morning. I've stayed her several times before and will definitely stay here again. Generally the hotel is excellent and the hotel is easy access to many great bars and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I am pleased that we formed a convenient base for your visit to Manchester. We are very fortunate to be located in walking distance of all that Manchester has to offer.

I am really pleased that you were able to stay in a one of our Executive rooms which allowed you to enjoy the hospitality of the team in our Executive Lounge.

I appreciate that our gym area is the largest; however it was designed to compliment the building design. I am pleased that it offered everything that you needed.

Once again, thank you staying with us and we hope that you are able to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

during this visit we experienced significant problems with extremely strong sewage smells in the rooms particularly on floor 22 it was though there was no managament to sort this out this detracted from what is normally an excellent hotel

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I am sorry that you found your 22nd floor guest rooms to have an odour present during your stay.

Our Head Housekeeper has been given visibility of your comments. I can confirm that our Housekeeping team has sophisticated equipment that eliminates odours and I apologise for this shortfall. I can assure you that we would have been happy to offer you an alternative room to ensure your comfort.

I can confirm that we have a Duty Manager in the hotel 24 hours a day, 7 days a week who are always more than happy to assist our guests.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future, as you are aware from previous stays this is certainly not the norm for us.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We attended a 21st party in the Hilton on Saturday night and decided to stay rather than trek back home. It was wonderful!

From check in to check out the service was perfect. Staff couldn't do enough to help and all processes were faultless.

We didn't eat an evening meal but were very well fed at the party - mini versions of bangers and mash, chicken pies, steak pies...on a stormy evening it was spot on.

Thanks to everyone at The Hilton for helping to make a wonderful occasion so memorable!

Room Tip: Make a booking for Cloud 23 before you arrive - the views are worth the crazy expensive prices charg...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us recently when you were attending a
21st birthday party.

I am delighted that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome. I can assure you that reception team have been made aware of your kind words.

I am pleased that you found our event facilities to be well organised and that you enjoyed the food served to you during the celebrations.

The team are always happy to offer a friendly and efficient service and we hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 1 night in a standard double/queen room. We got a very reasonable rate because we were attending a function being held in the hotel.

Firstly the good:

1. Good service from hotel staff
2. Lovely floor to ceiling windows in the room
3. Nice powerful shower with plenty of hot water
4. Room was tastefully decorated

The not so good:

1. The mattress was of a poor quality. Was surprised at how lumpy and uncomfortable it was.
2. We felt that the hotel was trying to extract money out of us at every opportunity i.e charging for wifi (a lot!) and charging £3.95 for a bottle of water which was in the room. I feel those should both be free for what the hotel charges.
3. We were initially charged for mini bar items we didn't use although reception took these off the bill when queried.
4. There was no bath robes

We didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that.

Overall it was fine but we weren't wowed. If the mattress had been better it would have made a big difference. As it was I would have been a little disappointed had we spent the full internet price.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stingray76
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed back following your stay with us.

It is great to know that you received good service whilst in the hotel and that you enjoyed the views from the floor to ceiling windows that all of our guest rooms have to offer.

I am sorry that you found our beds to be uncomfortable. We have recently purchased new mattress for all of our beds and have received compliments following this update. I appreciate that the comfort of a bed is a personal choice.

I note your comment regarding there being no slippers or robes in your room. The current Hilton Standard for our level of hotel does not insist that we provide such items as standard practise in our standard room. Our Housekeeping team would have been more than happy to offer these to you should they have received a request.

Hilton Worldwide is delighted to be able to offer our guests full WIFI access in all areas of the hotel including guest bedrooms. Something you can now enjoy in all Hilton Hotels. Hilton hotels are transparent with regards to all of their charges and we are unable to alter this at hotel level; however I can assure you that we are competitively priced with other hotels in the city.

I have also taken on board your comments regarding the charges applied for water supplied in guest rooms. The rates charged are a Hilton Brand Standard and every UK based property charge the same rates. The water supplied in our guest rooms is there as a benefit should our guest wish to consume it. We would of course have been more than happy to offer alternatives via our Room Service department should you have so wished.

I am sorry that you were charged for items not consumed during your visit. I am confident that this was down to human error and I do hope that you accept our apologies. I am pleased that this charge was removed prior to your departure.

I do hope that despite your feedback that you are able to stay with us again in the future.