“Very nice hotel. Good location, with good facilities”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #42 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Very nice hotel. Good location, with good facilities”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed in the Hilton at Deansgate, Manchester last Sunday. Arrived at 2pm and went to use the gym. Gym was ok, nothing special by any means. The pool, sauna and steam room were all very nice. The rooms were great and had very nice views of Manchester. Club lounge was very nice as was breakfast in the morning. I've stayed her several times before and will definitely stay here again. Generally the hotel is excellent and the hotel is easy access to many great bars and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Guest

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I am pleased that we formed a convenient base for your visit to Manchester. We are very fortunate to be located in walking distance of all that Manchester has to offer.

I am really pleased that you were able to stay in a one of our Executive rooms which allowed you to enjoy the hospitality of the team in our Executive Lounge.

I appreciate that our gym area is the largest; however it was designed to compliment the building design. I am pleased that it offered everything that you needed.

Once again, thank you staying with us and we hope that you are able to stay with us again in the future.

John McLaughlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2013

during this visit we experienced significant problems with extremely strong sewage smells in the rooms particularly on floor 22 it was though there was no managament to sort this out this detracted from what is normally an excellent hotel

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I am sorry that you found your 22nd floor guest rooms to have an odour present during your stay.

Our Head Housekeeper has been given visibility of your comments. I can confirm that our Housekeeping team has sophisticated equipment that eliminates odours and I apologise for this shortfall. I can assure you that we would have been happy to offer you an alternative room to ensure your comfort.

I can confirm that we have a Duty Manager in the hotel 24 hours a day, 7 days a week who are always more than happy to assist our guests.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future, as you are aware from previous stays this is certainly not the norm for us.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We attended a 21st party in the Hilton on Saturday night and decided to stay rather than trek back home. It was wonderful!

From check in to check out the service was perfect. Staff couldn't do enough to help and all processes were faultless.

We didn't eat an evening meal but were very well fed at the party - mini versions of bangers and mash, chicken pies, steak pies...on a stormy evening it was spot on.

Thanks to everyone at The Hilton for helping to make a wonderful occasion so memorable!

Room Tip: Make a booking for Cloud 23 before you arrive - the views are worth the crazy expensive prices charg...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us recently when you were attending a
21st birthday party.

I am delighted that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome. I can assure you that reception team have been made aware of your kind words.

I am pleased that you found our event facilities to be well organised and that you enjoyed the food served to you during the celebrations.

The team are always happy to offer a friendly and efficient service and we hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

London
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 1 night in a standard double/queen room. We got a very reasonable rate because we were attending a function being held in the hotel.

Firstly the good:

1. Good service from hotel staff
2. Lovely floor to ceiling windows in the room
3. Nice powerful shower with plenty of hot water
4. Room was tastefully decorated

The not so good:

1. The mattress was of a poor quality. Was surprised at how lumpy and uncomfortable it was.
2. We felt that the hotel was trying to extract money out of us at every opportunity i.e charging for wifi (a lot!) and charging £3.95 for a bottle of water which was in the room. I feel those should both be free for what the hotel charges.
3. We were initially charged for mini bar items we didn't use although reception took these off the bill when queried.
4. There was no bath robes

We didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that.

Overall it was fine but we weren't wowed. If the mattress had been better it would have made a big difference. As it was I would have been a little disappointed had we spent the full internet price.

1 Thank Stingray76
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed back following your stay with us.

It is great to know that you received good service whilst in the hotel and that you enjoyed the views from the floor to ceiling windows that all of our guest rooms have to offer.

I am sorry that you found our beds to be uncomfortable. We have recently purchased new mattress for all of our beds and have received compliments following this update. I appreciate that the comfort of a bed is a personal choice.

I note your comment regarding there being no slippers or robes in your room. The current Hilton Standard for our level of hotel does not insist that we provide such items as standard practise in our standard room. Our Housekeeping team would have been more than happy to offer these to you should they have received a request.

Hilton Worldwide is delighted to be able to offer our guests full WIFI access in all areas of the hotel including guest bedrooms. Something you can now enjoy in all Hilton Hotels. Hilton hotels are transparent with regards to all of their charges and we are unable to alter this at hotel level; however I can assure you that we are competitively priced with other hotels in the city.

I have also taken on board your comments regarding the charges applied for water supplied in guest rooms. The rates charged are a Hilton Brand Standard and every UK based property charge the same rates. The water supplied in our guest rooms is there as a benefit should our guest wish to consume it. We would of course have been more than happy to offer alternatives via our Room Service department should you have so wished.

I am sorry that you were charged for items not consumed during your visit. I am confident that this was down to human error and I do hope that you accept our apologies. I am pleased that this charge was removed prior to your departure.

I do hope that despite your feedback that you are able to stay with us again in the future.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

..to Manchester City wasn't a great start but our stay at the Hilton Deansgate went a long way towards softening the blow. Mehmet was very helpful in giving directions to the Ethiad Stadium (I wish he'd got that wrong!) and the service throughout was excellent. The executive club drinks and canapés got the evening off to a good start and our room on the 17th floor provided great views across the city. We'll be back but not for the football!

2 Thank DogTed
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us. I am pleased that we formed a convenient base for your visit to the Ethiad Stadium.

I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the hospitality in the Executive lounge and that you were able to enjoyed the wonderful views from the comfort of your 17th floor guest room.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you a warm welcome and efficient service and Mehmet has been made aware of your kind words.

We certainly look forward to your return visit in the future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed here on 31 October 2013. I have stayed here on several occasions for business but felt compelled to write a review after this visit in particular. The hotel is excellent. The rooms are spotless and the Crabtree and Evelyn products are a very nice touch in the bathroom! However it is the restaurant that will linger long in my memory! On Halloween evening 2 courses plus a cocktail were on offer before 7.00pm for twenty pounds. The menu is delicious and I was guided through it by the very charming Kasia. For customer care and attention she was first class. The salmon fish cakes for starter were delicious. The main course of tuna nicoise was amazing and redeemed my love of fresh tuna lost by a previous bad experience. The standard of food was exceptional and attention to detail was second to none. I am not normally a dessert lover but felt compelled to try the snickers brûlée I had read about in other tripadviser reports. All I can say is treat yourself to this because you will not be disappointed! In summary I would state that it is a long time from I have eaten such a delicious meal were one course was as exceptional as the next. The menu is exceptional value for money at all times but particularly before 7.00pm and the standard of food is higher than many more expensive restaurants I have tried in Manchester.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Joanne186470
Dear Guest

We are delighted that you returned to stay with us on 31st October 2013.

I am pleased that your guest rooms was to your liking and that your room offered you all the amenities to make your stay a comfortable one.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience in Podium Restaurant. We are very fortunate to have a great team of Chef’s lead by Executive Head Chef, David Gale, who create wonderful dishes for our guests to enjoy. Your kind words have been shared with the kitchen brigade and indeed Kasia who had the pleasure of looking after you during your time in Podium Restaurant.

We hope that we are able to continue to welcome you back to the hotel when you stay in Manchester.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Just returned from two nights at the Hilton, Deansgate, Manchester. Speedy check in with friendly, efficient staff. Large bedroom but whilst the subdued lighting was attractive, it was hopeless for applying make-up! The shaving mirror in the bathroom was placed in a position where in order to apply my mascara, I had squash my face against the wall!! My room also felt cold although I adjusted the thermostat. I called down for assistance and was told it was working ok and was I ill to be finding it so cold!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ended up wearing a jumper over my nightdress! Room service offered a great choice of menu and was reasonably quick being delivered. One point over room service breakfast, before the server leaves, check that they have left you sufficient cutlery........... it's very hard eating Shredded Wheat with a teaspoon! Why do all hotels charge extortionate amounts for the mini bars? Apart from these little niggles, it was one of the best hotels I have stayed at in Manchester and I would probably stay their again. One tip, if you want to visit the spectacular Bar on the 23rd floor, make sure you book in advance. It is well worth it.

Room Tip: Higher floors would seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gail002
Dear Guest

I am pleased that you choose to stay with us during your time in Manchester and I am pleased that you experienced a warm and efficient welcome to the hotel.

I am sorry that you found you room to be too cold. Unfortunately with a room number I am unable to follow up on your feedback. However, please accept my apologies that your room was not at a comfortable temperature for you.

I have taken on board all of your comments regarding the design of our guest bedrooms. I can only apologise that the design features that our guest rooms have to offer are not to your liking. I appreciate that this is your personal choice and I am thankful that this will not deter you from returning to stay with us.

Thank you for highlighting that you find us to be one of the best hotels in Manchester that you have stayed in and my team and I hope that we are able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.