“Another superb stay”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #47 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Have visited this Hilton on a few occasions and have always enjoyed it. This time was no different. A warm welcome on arrival and we arrived on a Sunday morning midday but we were able to be allocated a choice of rooms on arrival. We opted for room 1109 which had great views over the city. Room very spacious and clean. We stayed two nights and breakfast was good each time with everything you expect from a Hilton breakfast. Our only grumbles and I've not had many on previous occassions that the mattress on the bed was pretty much past its best as you could feel the springs and it was not very firm, therefore I've had better sleeps. Also on the second day it took housekeeping until nearly 5pm to clean the room, no reason given and the shaving mirror was loose on the wall so couldn't really use it. We paid the equivalent of £200 for each night therefore there was certainly room for improvement. Would like to think that next time around these problems have been resolved.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for returning to stay with us time and time again, we really do appreciate your loyalty.

I am pleased that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome to the hotel and that we were able to offer you an early check in to enhance your stay.

I am pleased that on the whole you had a great stay with us, however I would like to apologise that you encountered housekeeping issues during our stay. Our Housekeeping team have been given visibility of your comments to ensure that there is no repeat.

Thank you for highlighting that you enjoyed our breakfast offering on both morning, we are delighted to offer our guests a large variety.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that you can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

John McLaughlin

Write a ReviewReviews (4,639)

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have stayed at the Hilton Deansgate around 10/12 times since it opened.
I stayed over the weekend with my partner. I paid and additional £25 to stay in a deluxe room which I must admit didn’t look any different than a normal room apart from a bottle of wine which I waited 4 hours to be delivered.
The room was ok but as I say no different from a standard room, still only a queen sized bed.
The change I noticed was breakfast. I normally really enjoy the breakfast, however on this occasion it was such a disappointment. The sausages were like pretend sausages the fried eggs were swimming in oil, the bacon was hardly cooked and was mainly fat, the scrambled eggs were like milk.
Very very disappointing, to say breakfast costs around £20 pp. If I ever stayed here again which I doubt, I would most defiantly NOT pay for breakfast.

Many other nice hotels within Manchester at a much cheaper rate and better quality.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for retuning to stay with and for taking the time to complete this review following your recent stay.

Please accept my apologies that you encountered a delay in the delivery of your wine to your guest room. I have shared your comment with my Food & beverage Manager and Room Service team to ensure that this does not happen again.

I am also sorry that you did not enjoy your breakfast experience. I can assure you that all food is prepared fresh each day and is replenished on a regular basis to ensure that our guests receive a high quality breakfast. I can only apologise that on this occasion that you did not enjoy your breakfast, this is certainly not the feedback we ordinarily receive. Our Restaurant Manager and Executive Head Chef have discussed your comments and improved their procedures to prevent this from happening again.

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us in the past and on this occasion as I do appreciate that Manchester has a large number of hotels for our visitors to choose. However I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel when you will have a more positive experience.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Located just off Deansgate this is the tallest building in Manchester, easily identifiable with its unique 'top heavy' look! The overhang on the 23rd floor is also the floor of the executive lounge, which has two oval shaped (thick!) glass floor plates which show you walking directly over the pavement 23 floors below! The 23rd floor also houses the Sky Bar which is two floors high and very impressive - amazing views over the city and well beyond into the Pennines and Lancashire.
There are many meeting rooms, the hotel rooms are great with floor to ceiling windows, and the breakfast at ground level is also very nice - standard Hilton restaurant but in a great central location.
One downside is the parking. For £25 you can have valet parking, otherwise you have to use the NCP car park over the road. Even after the hotel validated my ticket it cost £24 from 10am Monday to 12pm Tuesday. I'm glad that was on expenses!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for staying with us recently, I am delighted that you had a great stay with us.

I am delighted that you had a great time in Cloud 23 and that you enjoyed the design features and the spectacular views of Manchester and beyond.

At the hotel we do have a limited number of car parking spaces that we offer for valet car parking for our guests however they do become taken quickly. When this is the case we are happy to offer our guests a discount when parking at the Great Northern car park, adjacent to the hotel entrance and our Front Office team are happy to validate the car parking tickets. I am sorry, however we have no control over their charges.

I hope that you are able to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed for one night because I was in Manchester with my husband to celebrate my birthday. When we first got to the room it was like an oven so we switched the air con on and went out to do some shopping in the afternoon. On return to the hotel, the room was even hotter. Air con had switched itself off. Switched it on again but it kept switching off, even thought the thermostat was supposed to be at 16 degrees. Before going out for the evening, we reported the problem at reception and were told it would be sorted. We returned at around 11:00 and the room was still like an oven. Too hot to sleep in therefore we were forced to call reception again. The air con had been looked at while we were out but it appears that the person had merely switched it on. We could have done that. In fact, we had done that several times during the course of the day! We had to then start packing so that we could move to a room on another floor. Just what we didn't need at that time of day on sweltering heat. We had booked to go to Cloud 23 at 11:30 and we had to rush to move rooms and arrived hot and bothered so we didn't enjoy the birthday cocktails. I expected better service from this hotel.

Room Tip: We upgraded to an executive room. Don't bother - from what I could see, we merely paid to be sli...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marge64

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

Please accept my sincere apologies that you encountered an issue with the temperature in your room. I can confirm that since receiving your comments we have conducted a complete audit of all air conditioning units to ensure that they are all to standard. However, without a room number or the date of your stay, unfortunately we are unable to investigate this room specifically. Please accept my apologies.

My team and I hope that you return to the hotel in the future so that you can experience our usual high standards.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have stayed in quite a few Hilton hotels due be being a Honors member but found my stay at the Hilton Deansgate to be a serious letdown. I booked two rooms and requested they be together, after arriving at 1.30 we were given the keys to one of our rooms on the 8th floor (room 810) and were told our other room (812) would be ready soon and the keys would be brought up as soon as it was ready, after waiting in the room and nobody coming we went to reception only to be told that it would be ready in 30 minutes, at 3.45 the room was still not ready and we were given an awful room on the 4th floor with no view, we had to plug the tv in, both rooms were dirty and had layers of dust, the shower head was not fixed properly on both rooms which resulted in water squirting everywhere causing a serious health hazard as to wet slippery floor, the minibar wouldn't open in the room on 4th floor. Needless to say I will not be returning to this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

I was disappointed that you were unable to check in to one of your rooms at 15:00. It has been highlighted that the night prior to your stay was very busy and unfortunately Housekeeping were under pressure to service all of the rooms in preparation for check in and I am sorry that we failed you on this occasion.

I note your comment regarding requesting 2 rooms on the same floor. However requests of this nature are subject to availability at the time of check in. Whilst we do our utmost to honour our guest requests, it is not always possible to fulfil them all the time and I can only apologise that on this occasion we were unable to offer you a room on a high floor.

The team members on reception have no control over the availability of rooms at any one given time. They only have the capability to offer serviced rooms that are released on the system as ready for our guests to use. Therefore during the time of your check in and that of other guests later in the evening, the rooms and floors would vary.

I can assure you that our Housekeeping team has been made aware of your comments. I am disappointed to receive your comments as all areas of the hotel are ordinarily of a very high standard. This is certainly not the norm.

I do hope that you have a change of heart and that you are able to return to stay with us in the future when you can experience us at our best.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on 27/7 with my husband for our 10th wedding anniversary, we got an executive room. From arrival till departure it was 5* all the way. Nice early check in, up to the executive lounge for tea and cakes, walked easily to the shops, then back to look at the amazing view from our room. Back to the executive lounge for FREE pre dinner drinks and canapés then down to the podium restaurant for
A great 3 course dinner, after dinner went back up to Cloud 23 for end of day drinks. Didn't have time to sample the spa but had peak and it looked great. after a lie in as breakfast available till 11am we had a filing breakfast with a choice of anything you required. All in all it was 5* all the way and will definitely be returning soon .

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your 10th wedding anniversary; it was our pleasure to be able to look after you during your stay and form part of your celebrations.

I am pleased that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome to the hotel and I am pleased that we were able to offer you an early check in to enhance your stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience in Podium Restaurant. We are very fortunate to have a great team of Chef’s lead by Executive Head Chef, David Gale, who create wonderful dishes for our guests to enjoy. Your kind words have been shared with the kitchen brigade.

I am delighted that you had a great time in Cloud 23 and that you enjoyed the variety of wonderful cocktails and again the spectacular views.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon, when you may have time to use our leisure facilities.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Prior to our stay I sent a couple of emails asking if there were any complimentary upgrades available, no response or acknowledgment was given and no upgrade available
We arrived at 13.30 and one of the rooms was available, I was told that mine was just being cleaned. I then went back down to reception before going for a drink at 14.20 to be told that it would be another 30 minutes, after finishing my drink I went back to reception at 15.40 and the room was still not ready, I was given a room on floor 4 when we had asked for a room on a higher floor and my original room was on floor 8
The mini bar could not be opened, had to screw the tv aerial in myself and the room was not as clean as I would have hoped

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ian W

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

I am very sorry regarding the lack of follow up and contact you received prior to your arrival. Unfortunately without a delivery address I am unable to check our systems to ensure that we received your correspondence. I can only apologise as communication is a strong point within the hotel.

I was disappointed that you were unable to check in at 15:00. It has been highlighted that the night prior to your stay was very busy and unfortunately Housekeeping were under pressure to service all of the rooms in preparation for check in and I am sorry that we failed you on this occasion.

I note your comment regarding requesting a high floor room for your stay with us. However requests of this nature are subject to availability at the time of check in. Whilst we do our utmost to honour our guest requests, it is not always possible to fulfil them all the time and I can only apologise that on this occasion we were unable to offer you a room on a high floor.

I am sorry again for your disappointment and I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future as you have certainly not experienced us at our best.