“Great Location and good value for the money!”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #42 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Michigan, United States
“Great Location and good value for the money!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Hotel is located in the heart of the city and perfect for anyone who is looking a place to stay over the weekend. Surrounded by numerous bars and restaurants, all within perfect walking distance. Definitely recommended for anyone looking for a weekend in Manchester.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Manchester we are really pleased that you had a good stay.

We are delighted that we formed a convenient base for your stay. We are very fortunate to be located in walking distance for everything that Manchester has to offer.

Thank you for recommending us and I do hope that we are able to look after you once again on a future stay.

John McLaughlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Excellent Hilton. It is relatively near both tram and train (Deansgate). Use the station lift if you have heavy luggage (accessible from the tram stop too). Decent restaurants and pubs nearby. Excellent pool. Aim to pay £120-£140. Probably not worth more but still very, very good.

• Stayed July 2013
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback following your stay with us.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am pleased that you encountered good service and that you had time to enjoy our leisure facilities and that you had time for a swim.

I am pleased that like many other guests, you found the location of the hotel to be suitable for the many amenities Manchester has to offer.

We hope that you will be returning to the hotel and we certainly look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back when you next visit the city.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I booked this hotel to WOW my new wife of one day to show the views of Manchester etc from the cloud 23 bar and posh rooms.
Only to be denied entrance to cloud 23 for the wrong footwear, no mention any where on the website of a footwear policy, and a shower/ bath that only had boiling water! So we spent our honeymoon in a room with a view we didn't want and dirty due to being unable to wash! Thanks for ruining our honeymoon!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this review following your stay with us.

I was disappointed to learn that you were unable to gain access to Cloud 23 during your stay. We do follow a dress code and this is highlighted on our website so that our guest are aware of this prior to arrival.

Please accept my sincere apologies that you encountered an issue with the water temperature in your room. The health & safety of our guests is of paramount importance to us here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate. I have spoken with my Facilities Manager and unfortunately we were unaware of the reason as to why you experienced this. Without a specific room number Rick conducted a complete audit to ensure that all operational systems were to standard. He was unable to locate a record of any fault and we did not receive any other reports of water issues which we would ordinarily do as it affects an entire guest bedroom floor at a time. I appreciate that this does not detract from your experience and Rick and his team are monitoring the situation moving forward. I hope you accept my apologies.

I do hope that you are able to visit us again and have the opportunity of visiting Cloud 23.

united kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Booked as a special treat for our daughters graduation which was held at Bridgewater Hall so it was ideally located 5mins walk away.Excellent views from our 15th floor room.Cloud23 cocktails are an experience but we have had better you are only paying for the views.The bed was very uncomfortable and we did mention this on checking out.Personally we wasn't keen on the hundreds of people outside queuing for The Voice auditions!!Come on Hilton get your priorities right.With so many excellent hotels in Manchester don't rest on your laurels.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your daughter’s graduation and may we offer our congratulations to her on her successes.

I am sorry if you felt uncomfortable by people waiting outside of the hotel, as this is certainly not our intention. During your stay we were delighted to be hosting an event; however this should certainly not have detracted from your overall enjoyment.

I am sorry that you found the bed in your room to uncomfortable; and I have shared your comment with our Housekeeping team. We are in the process of checking all beds on the 15th floor to ensure that they are all to standard, however I do appreciate that the comfort of a bed is a personal one.

My team and I hope that you and your family are able to return to visit us again in the future.

Kidderminster, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Upgraded to the executive room to enjoy the view which was certainly worth it. The room was fairly standard and what you would expect from Hilton. I did not take breakfast but did take a cocktail in the bar on the top floor which was certainly busy but again worth it for the views.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you upgraded your room on arrival which allowed you to enjoy the wonderful views of Manchester and beyond from the comfort of your guest room.

I am delighted that you had a great time in Cloud 23 and that you enjoyed the variety of wonderful cocktails and again the spectacular views.

I hope that you are able to stay with us again soon.

Turriff, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Really enjoyed our 4 night stay here. Room was spacious and clean. Breakfasts were lovely and staff very friendly and helpfull. Eddie very helpfull and informative and chatty for a nice welcome. Perfect location for shops, train station (right behind hotel) tram at the other side of hotel. Excellent sited for Man Utd and Man City. Both grounds can be seen from hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind feedback, we appreciate it.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found your guest room to be clean and spacious. I am thrilled to learn that you found all team members to be friendly, helpful and always willing to assist, they have been made aware of your kind words, especially Eddie.

We are very fortunate with regards to our location as our guests are able to explore and visit that all Manchester has to offer its visitors within walking distance.

My team and I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon when we will have the opportunity of looking after you once again.

Preston, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Took thirty minutes to book in as booking had not been transferred to check in desk. We were given drink vouchers for inconvenience! At the bar had to ask for lemon slice for my G&T and bar man came with bottle of lime? Eventually got him to understand that I wanted a slice, glass was chipped! Not really what one expects from £139 pound a night hotel let alone a Hilton!!! Won't be returning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ken A
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently and for sharing your feedback with the team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I am very disappointed that you encountered poor bar service as our team are fully trained to offer a high quality service and I am very sorry that you did not encountered this during your stay. All relevant team members have been given visibility of your comments to ensure that there is no repeat.

I cannot imagine how a chipped glass could have been offered to you as our team are trained to be exceptionally vigilant. Whilst I am confident the glass was clean it should not have been in service. Corrective action has been taken.

I do hope that you have a change of heart and that you are able to return to stay with us in the future when you can experience us at our best.