“Great Views”

Ranked #44 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Views”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We have stayed at the Hilton in Manchester on many occasions and have always enjoyed our stay, the staff are very polite and helpful, rooms are of a good size and the views are great over the city centre, especially in the complimentary lounge. Would recommend this hotel!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind feedback, we really do appreciate it.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found your guest room to comfortable. I am thrilled to learn that you found all team members to be friendly and always willing to assist.

I agree that the views from the hotel are spectacular and we are thrilled that you had the time to enjoy them from our 23rd floor Executive Lounge.

I am really pleased that you will be back to stay with us and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when we will have the opportunity of looking after you once again.

John McLaughlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (799)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Just taken a couple of days break in Manchester. The Hilton is perfectly placed for shopping during the day and eating out or visiting a show at night. There are numerous eating places within a ten minute walk of the hotel but don't feel you have to venture out the hotel has a magnificent restaurant serving top quality food. Overall the total experience was truly five star - but the one thing the hotel could not provide was fine weather - typical Manchester wall to wall rain.

Dear Guest

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us on your recent trip to Manchester.

I am pleased that you found our location to be suitable for your needs. Manchester certainly does have ample shops and attractions for our guests to visit.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience in Podium Restaurant. We are very fortunate to have a great team of Chef’s lead by Executive Head Chef, David Gale, who create wonderful dishes for our guests to enjoy. Your kind words have been shared with the kitchen brigade.

I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester when the sun may be shining.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Visited this hotel for three nights between 10th and 13th of May, while over for a Man Utd home game. I must say the room itself and facilities within were top notch, as were the staff in general. After the room had been cleaned one day (immaculately) there was someone knocked the door for feedback on the cleaning service, which was good to see - obviously we had no complaints at all. The only issue I had was being refused entry to the Cloud 23 Bar on the Saturday night, due to my footwear (which were deemed to be trainers, but were nothing of the sort) while other people who werent staying in the hotel were being allowed in. Nonetheless, on the Sunday evening (not quite as busy....) my footwear wasnt a problem and was allowed up...once there, the service was fine and the views were outstanding. Overall, highly recommended, great location, friendly staff (but for one...) and great rooms. The building looks a bit daft though.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to have a good view - floor to ceiling windows, stunning views of manchester - the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with everyone following your stay with us this week.

We are delighted that you found the hotel to be suitable for your visit to the city and that our location was suitable when you attended a match at Old Trafford.

I am pleased that your room was serviced perfectly during your stay. However I am disappointed that you received less than perfect service from our Cloud 23 host with regards to access to Cloud 23 during your stay with us.

We do follow a dress code however following your comments I understand that there was no consistency and this has been addressed. I am pleased that you have a great time when you visited Cloud 23o on the Sunday.

I do hope that you are able to stay with us again very soon.

mold flintshire
Reviewed May 20, 2013

room was very small, not very clean, stains on carpet, curtains were very worn, we found a packet of cigarettes under the bed, supposed to be a non smoking room!! drink stains on bedside table & tape holding up the corner of said table, clock was very dusty, overall cleanliness very poor, not what to expect from this hotel, only good thing was the amazing views. won't be staying here again.

2 Thank tessabins
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with everyone following your recent stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us recently and I am glad that you were able to enjoy the views from the floor to ceiling views windows that every guest room has to offer.

However, I am sorry that your guest room was less than perfect on arrival. Our Housekeeping team have been given visibility of your feedback to ensure that there is no recurrence and I hope that you accept my apologies.

I can only apologise that you found our guest rooms to be on the small side. We rarely receive comments of this nature and unfortunately we are unable to alter this.

I am sorry to read that you not choose to stay with us again, however I do hope that you have a change of heart and allow us to demonstrate our normally high level of service.

Stoke on Trent
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here with my daughter recently. The room was not really what we expected, although clean. The tap in the bathroom was difficult to turn off? We did however, use the room service for a meal before we went out. This i have to say was excellent, good value for money. I had the Hilton club sandwich with fries and my daughter had the Hilton burger with fries, both were delicious and highly recommended.

The breakfast was excellent, a very good choice and well prepared and laid out. All in all we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Use the in room meal service
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank xJackiex
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Guest

I am really pleased that you chose to stay with us on your trip to Manchester with your daughter.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience via room service and for breakfast in our Podium Restaurant. We are very fortunate to have a great team of Chef’s lead by Executive Head Chef, David Gale, who create wonderful dishes for our guests to enjoy. Your kind words have been shared with the kitchen brigade.

Thank you for highlighting that you would stay again and we look forward to your next visit.

IRELAND
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Very poor recent experience here which was very disappointing given the excellent location and cutting edge design of the hotel. All let down by worse than motel-standard housekeeping and poor organisation.

Arrived in the evening to be allocated my Executive Plus guestroom without problem, until I actually reached the room. The room had a bad stuffy smell and then I found in the bathroom that the toilet had not been flushed (from what I presume was the previous guest) - had the room even been cleaned??? Have never seen the like at any standard of hotel.

Staff were apologetic (offered 20% off bill - almost adding insult) and moved room to one which had no issues (but still overall quite poorly kept for supposed standard of property). Then shortly afterwards another guest arrived at the door after being checked into the same room! Total disorganisation and a lot of people seemed to be getting moved around.

Overall a very poor experience. As a freqeuent Hilton guest, definitely not a property I'd recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank andrewf2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback.

I am disappointed to read your review.

I appreciate the time you have taken to detail the housekeeping of room originally allocated to you. I am very sorry that the room offered to you was not in perfect condition for your arrival. I have taken this very seriously and have addressed the senior management of our housekeeping department.

Here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate the safety of our guests and staff is of paramount importance to us and I am shocked that a fellow guest was given access to your room whilst you occupied it. Our policies and procedures are currently being reiterated to our Front Office team in order we might prevent a recurrence. I am confident that this shortfall was down to a genuine human error for which I apologise for.

I appreciate that Manchester has many quality hotels to offer our visitors and I truly do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back when business or leisure brings you to Manchester.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was definitely a stay of two halves. Let's start with the good stuff...

The staff (in the majority) are excellent - very polite, helpful and attentive. We were lucky enough to be on Floor 22, one from the top, and so had an amazing view across Manchester which was a real treat. We enjoyed having a swim and sauna after a couple of hours of shopping and it was also a treat to have access to the Executive Suite to enjoy canapes and wine before heading out for the night.

Now, the not so good stuff...

You are a 4 star hotel, not a hostel. As such, I would have hoped to have more than one set of towels rather than having to share (wet) towels with my partner!

Your swimming pool/sauna facilities have a funny fusty smell about them and could do with a damn good clean, and maybe even a few plants to brighten things up.

Now, for the really bad thing...

Having had a fantastic night out watching The Specials, we arrived back at the hotel in fine spirits hoping to finish the night off with a cocktail or two in Cloud 23. We believe we fulfilled your dress code of 'smart casual' and yet the lady 'policing' the lift to the bar stopped us entering and told us we couldn't come in due to our footwear!

Let's just put this into perspective. We were dressed more than appropriately and we weren't scruffy. It was a Wednesday night, not a Friday or Saturday. The bar was not busy. It was near closing time. We were paying guests, spending over £250 for a night's stay.

I am disgusted that we were treated in this way. Your 'lift police' expected my partner to go out to an NCP carpark late at night to get a change of shoes, there was no negotiation on the matter and we were made to feel like we didn't matter as guests. Your 'lift police' didn't seem capable of making a commercial decision and the lady seemed more focused on being a jobsworth than keeping customers happy.

Quite frankly, get over yourselves. This is a hotel bar, NOT The Ivy! You put a spoiler on our evening in a way that no other hotel we've stayed in ever has.

I am rating the service as terrible for this one factor alone despite the excellent service from the majority of your staff.

2 Thank RedImp_Sheffield
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am pleased that on the whole you had a great stay with us and that you choose to stay in one of our 22nd floor Executive rooms which offered you amazing views of Manchester and beyond from the comfort of your guest room.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed a swim and sauna in our leisure facilities. However I was concerned to read that you felt that here was a ‘fusty’ smell in this area. I can confirm that we have not received any similar comments this nature as the team clean and clear on a regular basis throughout the day to ensure that this area is of a high standard at all times.

I was sorry to learn of the difficulties you encountered whilst trying to gain access to Cloud 23. We do follow a dress code, no trainers and smart, casual dress. However following your comments I have spoken to hostess for Cloud 23 and reiterated that they must use their discretion and judgement and I am sorry that they did not on this occasion. I am confident that no ill will was intended towards to personally and I am sorry for your disappointment.

Thank you once again for your comments and my team and I do hope that you are able to return to stay with us in the future.