Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Travelocity
$142
$133
4,747 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecloud barpodium restaurantfloor to ceiling windowscocktail barafternoon teahigh floorbirthday treatstandard roomcity centremodern hotelsaturday nightcooked breakfastfull englishfollowing morningstayed for one nightclouds
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is the best Hilton you can ever experience, the staff the feel and the welcome this hotel will take your breath away with every stay. I have stayed here recently for both work and have used this property to hold an event.

The hotel is new modern and extremely well maintained, the staff at reception and the concierge team can not make you feel any more welcome than they do. The checkin is faultless with complete attention to detail and such a warm welcome.

The rooms are bright clean well maintained and spacious with good size beds. There is an executive floor on the 23rd floor and this has recently been refurbished it is without a doubt breath taking and well worth paying extra to get access.

We ate in the hotel and the food was some of the best I have ever experienced. The waiting staff are knowledgable and understand the dishes taking time to enhance your evening with special touches and get to know what you like. I have never experienced such a faultless dinner service.

There is a bar on the 23rd floor, although the word bar by far does this an injustice. This venue allows you to be well looked after pampered and spoilt in fantastic surroundings and whilst enjoying amazing cocktails and the company of very good friends. It has recently been refurbished and will deliver a serious wow factor!

Breakfast is to the same standard. The staff are on hand but not intrusive. With a very good selection.

Overall I have stayed at this hotel several times. This hotel is more than you could ever imagine a Hilton to be. This is one of the only hotels in the world that you will rush to return to purely so you can have that little magic that they call Hilton Time!

You have got to stay at this hotel if you are looking for a hotel in Manchester. I am extremely fussy and quick to say when a place gets it wrong but for me this hotel delivers the standard that all Hilton's should aspire to.

Well done Hilton Manchester Deansgate I really looking forward to returning very soon!

Room Tip: High Floor and visit cloud 23
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for returning to stay with us time and time again, we really do appreciate your loyalty. Your feedback is a delight to read.

I am pleased that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome. I can assure you that Thira Rama, Front Office Manager and his team has been made aware of your kind words.

Thank you for taking the time to visit our newly refurbished 23rd floor Executive Lounge and Cloud 23 during your time with us and we are delighted that you feel that is delivers on the wow factor.

I am absolutely delighted that you had the opportunity to dine with us and that you enjoyed your dining experience in Podium Restaurant. We are very fortunate to have a great team of Chef’s lead by Executive Head Chef, David Gale, who create wonderful dishes for our guests to enjoy. Your kind words have been shared with the kitchen brigade and indeed the team in Podium restaurant who had the pleasure of looking after you.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast offering and we truly do look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when leisure or business brings you back to Manchester.

Thank you once again for such a positive review.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Good hotel, bit pricey, if all you want is a room, do not go, if you want an experience then risk it. you probably wont be disappointed. Be careful of food and beverage they are very exspensive and the quality does not reflect this. Great for one night stay, be wary if staying more than one.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed for one night so maybe didn't get to experience the full range of extras but the room was ok, shower had mould, the view of the roof below not spectacular and I'm not sure if the carpets had just been clean but there was a smell of damp in the room.
There were quite a few girls walking round the reception with pjs on and curlers in their hair which didnt look good, maybe a dress code is needed. Still quite narked that we waited 25 mins to get to the front of the queue to go up to cloud 23 and then we got told we would have to wait for a table so we gave up and went to bed fed up and starving! Maybe I just expected too much.Ok I didn't pay for the room so I don't know if was worth it but it was a Premier Inn with a mini bar.
Breakfast was lovely, bed very cosy and all the staff were very welcoming.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay with us.

I am sorry that the bathroom in your room was not to our usual high standard. There can be no excuse for poor cleanliness and I am very sorry that your room was not in perfect condition for your arrival. Our Housekeeping team do have an ongoing preventative programme in place with regards to bathroom mildew and I am sorry that this was not noticed prior to your arrival.

I appreciate that views are a personal choice and I was disappointed to learn that yours was not what you expected.

I appreciate that you may have encountered a slight wait to gain access to Cloud 23, however due to fire regulations we are restricted to numbers at any one time on the 23rd floor and at times guests are choosing to queue to gain access. We must demonstrate fairness to all interested parties and I am pleased to confirm that that our residents do receive priority when requesting to be included on the Cloud 23 guest list.

This is highlighted on all confirmations and should you wish to make a future reservation please contact our dedicated Cloud 23 Co-ordinator on Emilia. Wieczorek@hilton.com or 0164 870 1688 who will be more than happy to offer assistance.

On a positive note I am pleased that you found our beds to be cosy and that you enjoyed your breakfast prior to your departure.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you a warm welcome and efficient service and we hope that you are able to return to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

we booked four days before our stay got a great deal,we arrived an hr. before we could check in intending to put the bag in the storage area until we could checking.We were offered a great deal on a upgrade staying on the. 20th floor and were told we could have the room there and then.The views were fantastic room was lovely ,great breakfast and the staff were excellent nothing to much trouble,made me wonder why we haven't stayed there before in my home city we will be returning.

Room Tip: Check lots of sites for deals and upgrade when u get there if its a good offer. A higher room has fab views
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us I am really glad that you were able to stay with us on one of the many deals that we are happy to offer.

I am pleased that we were able to offer you an early check in to enhance your stay and that you were able to enjoy the wonderful views of Manchester from the comfort of your 20th floor guest room.

We are proud of our ‘Hilton Breakfast’ and I am delighted that you enjoyed our offering.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

After having had a really dreadful experience at another Hilton in Cardiff (review to come shortly) I gave Hilton one last chance to make it better.

I arrived at the Deansgate Hotel which is as spectacular inside as it is outside. I went to a dedicated check in desk a little earlier and the member of staff on duty was very polite and did originally explain there were no upgrades available. I asked them to look at the notes on file and I was upgraded to a King Executive Room on the 22nd Floor. Talk about the views of Manchester!!

The room was great and the bed huge. TV worked and 2 bottles of mineral water were waiting for me in the room with the compliments of Hilton.

The bathroom could have been a little bigger, but this was made up by having a big bath taking up the space!

The executive lounge was on the floor above and the staff were very attentive and pleasant. The breakfast was also good and was filling.

Room Tip: Get a high floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and I am pleased that we were able to offer you an upgrade to an Executive room on this occasion.

I am also pleased that we were able to offer you an early check in to enhance your stay and that you were able to enjoy the wonderful views of Manchester from the comfort of your 22nd floor guest room.

I am thrilled that you had a positive stay with us and we hope that we have the opportunity to look after you again in the future.