Hilton Manchester Deansgate
  • Bar/Lounge
Pad Hotel(Manchester)
Good 3.5/5
    4,706 results
    All reviewsthe executive loungecloud barpodium restaurantfloor to ceiling windowscocktail barafternoon teahigh floorbirthday treatstandard roomcity centremodern hotelsaturday nightcooked breakfastfull englishfollowing morningstayed for one nightclouds
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Hotel looked impressive on arrival. Room was nice with contemporary decor. Requested a low level room as not great with heights. After a long drive and late check-in my family and I were looking forward to a good nights sleep. Unfortunately being positioned right next to the lift bay didn't help as this was quite noisy but it was the constant loud humming sound throughout the night that woke us all up several times and we ended up all getting up at 5am.
    When asked at check-out if everything was ok and after explaining the above nothing was said, no apology. Will not be returning.

• Stayed: February 2013
    John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am pleased that your guest room was to your liking and that we were able to offer you a low floor as requested.

I am sorry that you believe that the lift was audible from your room. We have received this comment previously from guest rooms that are directly behind the lifts and we made contact with the contractors for the guest’s lifts and they reduced the noise from the lifts. I would like to thank you for your comment as this will allow me to request further investigation.

I am shocked to read that you were not offered an apology following you kindly sharing your comments with our Reception Team. All team members are fully trained to deliver a high standard of service. I can assure you that the entire team on the front desk have been made aware of your comments. I am confident that ill will was intended towards you personally.

I would really appreciate it if you would consider returning to the hotel when you next visit Manchester.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We had a great stay at the Hilton (our first time there)! We took advantage of a deal i found which gave us a really good rate of £212 for 2 nights including breakfast which is very good for a friday and saturday night in Manchester, bear in mind a similar hotel on those nights can be double that! Our room was a standard Queen room on the 7th floor and it did have one or two little problems like one of the spotlights in the bathroom wasn't working but it was all clean and tidy and something like that isn't a big problem to us because we were hardly in the room except to sleep.

Cloud 23 for afternoon tea just after checking out was also brilliant and we got some amazing views despite the horrible Mancunian weather, it is definitely recommended! Value wise our deal was great with a rate cheaper than the Hilton website and that included breakfast so definitely shop around before booking!

It's a great hotel, the staff were great although we didn't really take advantage of many services to really say much on those sort of things, if you can get a good deal you won't go wrong here!

Room Tip: On nice days if you are in a south facing room the sun will shine on the room in the morning and it can get a little warm, you get a better view anyway on the north side which we didn't get but definitely try for a north facing high floor room for the best possible views!
    • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
    John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us I am really glad that you were able to stay with us on one of the many deals that we are happy to offer via various avenues.

I am delighted that you were able to visit Cloud 23 during your visit to enjoy Afternoon Tea whilst appreciating the spectacular views of Manchester and beyond.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you a warm welcome and efficient service and we hope that you are able to return to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I Have stayed here a few times now with my girlfriend and Its never disappointed us.
    The hotel is fantastic, great decor, helpful staff, clean rooms & the skybar on the top floor serves some amazing cocktails to top it all off.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
    John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we appreciate your time.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found every aspect of your stay to be to your liking.

I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Hilton ...always thought they did it best...no...the negatives are the wine glasses did not match nor did the beakers...dust on the top of ledges etc ...breakfast..no eggs ready ...had to ask for milk sugar a glass salt....these should be on the tables as standard not as extras.. No not impressed at all..even the view was just okay
    Positives .. cloud 23 amazing views lovely ambience chilled..will go again...tv size great...staff nice...beds comfY...bath deep...towels large
    I don't think I would stay again unless I got a really good deal

Room Tip: I requested high floor was coated on floor 6...higher up better view
    • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
    John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with everyone, we appreciate it.

I am really pleased that you had a great night’s sleep in our comfortable beds and that you had the time to visit and enjoy Cloud 23 during your time with us.

I am really pleased that you found the team members in all areas of the hotel to be welcoming and accommodating and they have been made aware of your kind words as they serve as a great motivator

However, I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your breakfast experience. Your feedback has been shared with our Podium restaurant Manager to ensure that there is no recurrence.

We are pleased to be able to offer great deals via various avenues and we do hope that you are able to take advantage of one of our promotions and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Visited for awards show, had been told about hotel and that it was the place to go.
    Impressed on arrival, looked good. Checked in and found room easy. On closer inspection though, looked as though cleaners had just waved duster at the room. Moved a few things to find dust everywhere. Rest if stay was fine, cloud 23 was good, breakfast decent and generally it was okay.

• Stayed: January 2013
    John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I am delighted that you received a warm and efficient welcome on your arrival.

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail the housekeeping issues in your room. I can assure you that our Housekeeping team have been made aware of your comments. I am disappointed to receive your comments as all areas of the hotel are ordinarily of a very high standard.

We certainly look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards