“Would definitely stay again”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #42 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I booked this for my boyfriends birthday, the staff were nice, weren't bad but weren't excellent. The room however was beautiful and the view we had was amazing overlooking Manchester. It was very clean and well presented, and the breakfast in the morning was lovely.

Room Tip: Request a high floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate your partner’s birthday, I am delighted that a good time was had by all.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, your room and indeed our breakfast offering prior to departure.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to seeing you at the hotel again soon.

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I always feel the Hilton has a certain stigma about it and quite a lot of these hotels have been around so long they are outdated however not this one!! Brilliant location and lovely rooms! The full hotel from the lobby to the bar was immaculate and so clean! Rooms are very modern however not enough natural light! Sounds odd but me and my friend both seemed to have windows constantly in the shade! More lamps needed as the ones in the room were poorly placed (bedside table but not at dressing table?!) and could not move! Lovely hotel however beware of housekeeping - they will try to enter your room at all times, even when do not disturb on!

• Stayed: November 2012
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

We are very fortunate to be centrally located within the city and I am glad that our location worked well for your visit to Manchester.

I am sorry to read you comment relating to Housekeeping, this is certainly not something that has been highlighted before and I have shared your feedback with our Head Housekeeper.

I have taken on board your comment relating to the lighting in your guest room and I appreciate that this is a personal choice. However, all rooms have the benefit of being flooded with natural day light from the floor to ceiling windows along one entire wall.

We do hope that you are able to stay with us again when you visit Manchester.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

my wife and i stopped here on friday night and loved every minute of it from the moment we arrived the staff quickly came outside and took our bags and parked our car we checked in no trouble (a busy 5pm) we got a room on the 20th floor so the views were great
we then went for a swim to relax and the pool and steam room are great once again the staff were very good.
later we went to cloud 23 and this is amazing mind you so are the prices but i dont mind once in a while a blow out.
We didnt eat at the podium as there was a big function and we couldnt get a booking but ate close by at a nice italien restaurant. The next day we enjoyed breakfast and returned later on for afternoon tea the hotel was very busy due to the x factor round the corner but all the staff were unfazed creating a good atmosphere.
Not the cheapest hotel by far but i believe it is worth the money if you are celebrating

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us this weekend, which was a very busy time in Manchester.

I am pleased that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome and that your room on the 20th floor offered amazing views of Manchester and beyond.

Thank you for taking the time to visit our newly refurbished Cloud 23 cocktail bar during your time with us and we are delighted that you had an amazing time.

I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for a surprise birthday weekend for my wife. The service was 1st class, the rooms were clean and tidy and the views were amazing! We made use of Cloud 23 bar and the staff couldn't do enough for us!
However, our special piece of praise goes to Terry, the Concierge, who, on a Friday night, 2 weeks before Christmas, managed to arrange us a table at a local restaurant at a time we wanted, and then took the time o find out whether we enjoyed it or not the next time he saw us!
All in all, a first class hotel with brilliant staff. We will definitely be back !

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you booked a room to stay with us to celebrate your wife’s birthday; it was our pleasure to have you with us.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found every aspect of the hotel, our service and team members to be excellent. I can assure you that terry on Concierge has been made aware of your kind words.

I am delighted to read that that you will visit us again and we certainly look forward to being able to welcome you back to Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

this is the second time my wife and I have stayed and everything was first class. The room was clean and a good size. we was on the 9th floor so we had great views of the city centre. Breakfast was as good as it gets with lots of choice. The waters where constantly walking round with coffee and tea.
Its not the cheapest hotel in Manchester but has a great location and has delivered great service on both visits.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a high floor for good views over manchester
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank flecknfleck

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words with us. I am pleased that you chose to stay with us on your visit to Manchester.

I am really pleased that your guest room was to your liking and that you were able to enjoy the views from your 9th floor room.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast offering and our location within the city.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you a warm welcome and efficient service and we hope that you are able to return to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice hotel, nice modern rooms, nice impressive view, but there is seriously something missing.
There is no atmosphere, you are a number rather than a person. Our favourite hotel in Manchester is The Midland and The Hilton is no competition for it. The Midland oozes personality, excellent customer service and warmth. You feel like the staff are happy that you are staying with them and they want you to have a great stay. The Hilton, well there is non of that. This hotel was built up to be the best in Manchester so I had high hopes. We were here for a Christmas party, which was a good night although I have a nut allergy and they were unable to cater for anything other than fruit for a desert! Upon check in we upgraded for a small amount to an executive room which I have since discovered would normally cost £475 (we paid an awful lit less than this due to the christmas party discount) including breakfast, you can have a whole suite at other hotels for this. The room was reasonably sized, separate bath and shower, floor to ceiling windows, view if the city. I think it is the view of the city why they charge what they do because I can't think of any other reason. Room service menu after 2am is poor and it took and hour to arrive - for a sandwich. Check out is 12 which is good but all in all I'd recommend staying at The Midland and this will always be my first choice, no competition.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you attending one of our Christmas Party Nights, we are delighted that you and your friends/colleagues had a great time. However, I am sorry that your dessert was not to your liking and I appreciate that this is a personal choice.

I am sorry that you felt the hotel lacked atmosphere and I appreciate that the design of our hotel is not to everyone’s liking. We are in the hospitality industry to make our guests feel welcome and I am sorry that you felt on this occasion we failed you.

I appreciate that Manchester has a large number of quality hotels to accommodate its visitors; however we truly do hope that you are able to return to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

stayed in an executive double. Great views of the city, as floor to ceiling windows!!! not good if you dont like heights :). Good size room, however, not entirely clean, as dust can easily be found on nearly every surface, and some hairs in the bath (a BIG no no). All in all, an o.k place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review following your recent stay with us.

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us recently. I am really pleased that you were able to stay in a one of our Executive rooms which allowed you to enjoy the wonderful views of Manchester and beyond.

Our Head Housekeeper has been made aware of the dust that you witnessed in your room; she has addressed this with the room attendants and supervisors within her department to ensure that this is not repeated.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate is delighted to be able to offer you a friendly service and we certainly hope that we are able to welcome you back for a future stay in the near future.