“Efficient, clean & is exactly as you would expect”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #42 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Ribble Valley, Lancs
“Efficient, clean & is exactly as you would expect”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We just stayed for 1 night and found the hotel exactly as we expected. Very happy with everything, and would gladly return.

We had a room on the 9th floor with a 'city-view', the room was large and light with floor-to-ceiling windows. Bathroom modern, clean and attractive. Bed comfortable, no sockets near the bed though which is always frustrating. Big plus though was the hair dryer with a socket and mirror at hand - much appreciated!

Breakfast in the Podium on the ground floor was good, service efficient. Check-in & check-out also efficient.

1 Thank jcjmail
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review following your recent stay with us.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us recently and I am glad that you had a comfortable stay with efficient service.

I am pleased that like many other guests that you found the views from the hotel to be stunning. The view is even more spectacular at night fall when you can see the city illuminated.

My team and I hope that we have the opportunity of looking after you in the near future.

John McLaughlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Attended the Manchester Ball and stayed overnight at the hotel. Room was huge on 12th floor was fantastic views over the city. Beds very comfortable, and everywhere was spotlessly clean. Toiletries very nice, flat screen tv and a proper ironing board and iron! Clouds bar was amazing - very sleek and cocktails superb! The venue for the ball was excellent as was the enterntainment. The only thing that I could criticise was that there wasn't enough food - catering for 200+ people is always a challenge, however I left feeling hungry! Breakfast however was a triumph - lovely scrambled eggs and sausages. Check out a breeze and walked over the road to the car which was parked in the Great Northern car park - easy to park and to get to. In all, an excellent weekend and we will definitely return!

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up so you have a great view of the city.
2 Thank Exvoguemodel
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this positive review.

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us recently, it was our pleasure to be able to look after you during your stay.

I am so pleased that your guest room was to your liking and that you enjoyed the facilities and views from your bedroom.

I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast and that you found the buffet to have an excellent choice.

I am really pleased that you had a great nights sleep in our comfortable beds and I am delighted that you will definitely return to us in the future.

Lancashire
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed for half term, for a city break. 2 rooms on the 13th floor. Very minor problem with one, which was sorted in acceptable turn round time.

Rooms are more than adequate, with amazing views. Mini bar is however ridiculously priced, £3.50 for a can of coke - I know it's convenient, but I bet they don't sell too many.

Breakfast was nice, could be a lottery depending who was your waiter/waitress.

Didn't rate the evening menu really, and also plenty of excellent restaurant's nearby.

What really stood out for me was the fantastic concierge service they had. We used it everyday for venue, restaurant and transportation booking. Always done with a smile and they are a credit to the hotel.

Had afternoon tea in Cloud 23, pleasant, but very expensive.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bw66460
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay with us.

I am so pleased that on the whole you had an enjoyable stay with us and the Concierge team have been made aware of your kind words, I am delighted that you received a positive service from them.

I can assure that Hilton Manchester Deansgate is competitively priced with regards to Afternoon Tea and mini bar with other hotels in the city and we hope that this does not deter you from returning to stay with us in the future.

cumbria
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I didn't actually stay in the Hilton but had a wonderful couple of hours in Club 23 enjoying a Champagne Afternoon Tea. The entrance of the hotel is rather stark - and it took some doing to find our way in! - but the welcome by the staff made up for it. On the top floor we were welcomed again and shown to a table with the best views in Manchester - we could even see the airport. It's also worth looking down the glass floor and the view below! The food and drink was excellent and we felt v pampered. Club 23 is less formal than I'd imagined and it seems to be a popular place for family celebrations although i went with a girl friend in between shopping. It is somewhat pricey but I would recommend it as a special treat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank nellydeancumbria
John M, Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive review following your recent visit to Cloud 23 to enjoy Afternoon Tea.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and that you were able to appreciate the stunning views of Manchester and beyond from Cloud 23.

I am delighted that you had time to appreciate the view panel from the 23rd floor, which is an amazing architectural feature to compliment the building design.

We certainly hope that you are able to return to the hotel again in the future when once again I am sure you will have great experience.

Bingley england
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton for just one-more's the pity.We could have for weeks just sitting in the bed taking in superb views of the Manchester skyline.
I had used my Hilton HHonors points and treated Mrs CP to an Executive Suite. We were allocated room 2104 about as high as you can get in the hotel.
The room was amazing and had the most wonderful views.
Check-in was trouble free as I would expect.Parking was just around the corner at £15 per 24 hours.Apparently this hotel has only 15 spaces allocated underground which seem rather strange for a hotel of this size but the car park was about 40 seconds away and 'interesting'-
you need to be a Jeremy Clarkson to fit your car into the spaces!
To be honest Mrs CP was in seventh heaven as regards the room.It was excellent tho' showing some wear and tear caused by previous uncaring guests-scuff marks on the doors and ring marks on the tables etc.Some people just do not care.
We had access to the Executive Lounge on the 23rd floor just next to Cloud 23.For us old fuddy-duddies this was like being in cloud 23 without the musical accompaniment.
The food (canapes) were delicious and as a quiet haven of rest could not be faulted.The complimentary breakfasts were justwhat we wanted and the service particularly from Kay(?) was second to none nothing was too much trouble to her.

All in all a great experience in a great hotel.It was ideal to reach local theatres-the reason for our visit-and shops.

We cannot wait to get back to spend longer at this hotel which although our particular room was expensive had we paid for it we would not stay in any other room in the hotel.

IMHO one the better Hilton hotels and probably the best we have stayed in over the years.

Room Tip: Lash out and treat your loved one to Room 2104-you'll be on cloud 21 and your reward will be...
1 Thank ceeppeep
Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review following your recent stay with us.

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us recently. I am really pleased that we were able to stay in a one of our Executive rooms which allowed you to enjoy the wonderful views of Manchester and beyond from your guest room.

I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the hospitality of the team in the Executive Lounge.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate is delighted to be able to offer you a friendly service and we certainly hope that we are able to welcome you back for a future stay in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Well worth a birthday night away, care of my Mrs. Fantastic views.
Sturdy beds, comfy, climate control rooms, well furnished.
Bath and shower steamy and relaxing.
We loved the pool above street level, flanked by a steam room, sauna and jacuzzi.
Breakfast was perfect, could not fault the variety.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank acton28
John M, Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this positive review.

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your birthday; it was our pleasure to be able to look after you during your stay.

Ormskirk, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed for a Night in the winter, the receptionist was polite and pleasant and we were checked in quickly and directed to our room on the 15th floor. The room was modern, spacious, beautifully decorated and had an amazing view. The bathroom was also really nice and modern, with bath and shower. I was very impressed with the whole experience, the room and the staff. I would recommend this beautiful hotel for a lovely night away; situated on Deansgate, it is only a short 10-15min walk to the shops and restaurants.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jadearundale
John M, Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with everyone following your recent stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I am delighted that you had a great stay and I am really pleased that you found your guest room to be to your liking and that we were able to offer your all the amenities you had hoped for to make your stay comfortable.

The team at the hotel are always happy to offer you a friendly and efficient service and I have shared your wonderful comments with them.

We do hope that you are able to stay with us again when you visit Manchester so that we can look after you once again.