“Half term stay”

Ranked #41 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Lancashire
“Half term stay”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed for half term, for a city break. 2 rooms on the 13th floor. Very minor problem with one, which was sorted in acceptable turn round time.

Rooms are more than adequate, with amazing views. Mini bar is however ridiculously priced, £3.50 for a can of coke - I know it's convenient, but I bet they don't sell too many.

Breakfast was nice, could be a lottery depending who was your waiter/waitress.

Didn't rate the evening menu really, and also plenty of excellent restaurant's nearby.

What really stood out for me was the fantastic concierge service they had. We used it everyday for venue, restaurant and transportation booking. Always done with a smile and they are a credit to the hotel.

Had afternoon tea in Cloud 23, pleasant, but very expensive.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bw66460
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay with us.

I am so pleased that on the whole you had an enjoyable stay with us and the Concierge team have been made aware of your kind words, I am delighted that you received a positive service from them.

I can assure that Hilton Manchester Deansgate is competitively priced with regards to Afternoon Tea and mini bar with other hotels in the city and we hope that this does not deter you from returning to stay with us in the future.

John McLaughlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (809)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
cumbria
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I didn't actually stay in the Hilton but had a wonderful couple of hours in Club 23 enjoying a Champagne Afternoon Tea. The entrance of the hotel is rather stark - and it took some doing to find our way in! - but the welcome by the staff made up for it. On the top floor we were welcomed again and shown to a table with the best views in Manchester - we could even see the airport. It's also worth looking down the glass floor and the view below! The food and drink was excellent and we felt v pampered. Club 23 is less formal than I'd imagined and it seems to be a popular place for family celebrations although i went with a girl friend in between shopping. It is somewhat pricey but I would recommend it as a special treat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank nellydeancumbria
John M, Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive review following your recent visit to Cloud 23 to enjoy Afternoon Tea.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and that you were able to appreciate the stunning views of Manchester and beyond from Cloud 23.

I am delighted that you had time to appreciate the view panel from the 23rd floor, which is an amazing architectural feature to compliment the building design.

We certainly hope that you are able to return to the hotel again in the future when once again I am sure you will have great experience.

Bingley england
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton for just one-more's the pity.We could have for weeks just sitting in the bed taking in superb views of the Manchester skyline.
I had used my Hilton HHonors points and treated Mrs CP to an Executive Suite. We were allocated room 2104 about as high as you can get in the hotel.
The room was amazing and had the most wonderful views.
Check-in was trouble free as I would expect.Parking was just around the corner at £15 per 24 hours.Apparently this hotel has only 15 spaces allocated underground which seem rather strange for a hotel of this size but the car park was about 40 seconds away and 'interesting'-
you need to be a Jeremy Clarkson to fit your car into the spaces!
To be honest Mrs CP was in seventh heaven as regards the room.It was excellent tho' showing some wear and tear caused by previous uncaring guests-scuff marks on the doors and ring marks on the tables etc.Some people just do not care.
We had access to the Executive Lounge on the 23rd floor just next to Cloud 23.For us old fuddy-duddies this was like being in cloud 23 without the musical accompaniment.
The food (canapes) were delicious and as a quiet haven of rest could not be faulted.The complimentary breakfasts were justwhat we wanted and the service particularly from Kay(?) was second to none nothing was too much trouble to her.

All in all a great experience in a great hotel.It was ideal to reach local theatres-the reason for our visit-and shops.

We cannot wait to get back to spend longer at this hotel which although our particular room was expensive had we paid for it we would not stay in any other room in the hotel.

IMHO one the better Hilton hotels and probably the best we have stayed in over the years.

Room Tip: Lash out and treat your loved one to Room 2104-you'll be on cloud 21 and your reward will be...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ceeppeep
Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review following your recent stay with us.

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us recently. I am really pleased that we were able to stay in a one of our Executive rooms which allowed you to enjoy the wonderful views of Manchester and beyond from your guest room.

I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the hospitality of the team in the Executive Lounge.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate is delighted to be able to offer you a friendly service and we certainly hope that we are able to welcome you back for a future stay in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Well worth a birthday night away, care of my Mrs. Fantastic views.
Sturdy beds, comfy, climate control rooms, well furnished.
Bath and shower steamy and relaxing.
We loved the pool above street level, flanked by a steam room, sauna and jacuzzi.
Breakfast was perfect, could not fault the variety.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank acton28
John M, Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this positive review.

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your birthday; it was our pleasure to be able to look after you during your stay.

I am so pleased that your guest room was to your liking and that you enjoyed the facilities and views from your bedroom.

I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast and that you found the buffet to have an excellent choice

I am really pleased that you had a great nights sleep in our comfortable beds and I am delighted that you will definitely return to us in the future.

Ormskirk, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed for a Night in the winter, the receptionist was polite and pleasant and we were checked in quickly and directed to our room on the 15th floor. The room was modern, spacious, beautifully decorated and had an amazing view. The bathroom was also really nice and modern, with bath and shower. I was very impressed with the whole experience, the room and the staff. I would recommend this beautiful hotel for a lovely night away; situated on Deansgate, it is only a short 10-15min walk to the shops and restaurants.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jadearundale
John M, Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with everyone following your recent stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I am delighted that you had a great stay and I am really pleased that you found your guest room to be to your liking and that we were able to offer your all the amenities you had hoped for to make your stay comfortable.

The team at the hotel are always happy to offer you a friendly and efficient service and I have shared your wonderful comments with them.

We do hope that you are able to stay with us again when you visit Manchester so that we can look after you once again.

South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights for a business conference Nov 12. No wait at check in desk. Room was modern, clean and comfortable. Only issue was a bad smell which I found was coming from the bathroom sink. Fabulous views of Manchester from the floor to ceiling windows (12th floor). Breakfast was good (self service). Business facilities were very good. Meal in the evening was good, better than most when catering for over 100 people. Pool was good, excellent temperature. Steam room and sauna were also good. Changing rooms were quite small though and were crowded if more than 4 people in them. The hotel doesn't have it's own car park but there is an NCP literally across the road (£18 per 24 hours). The sky bar (Cloud23) was great, again with amazing views across the city on all sides. Overall a pleasant stay in a good location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard M
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

I am pleased that you found the hotel to be suitable for your stay and that you were able to enjoy the panoramic views of Manchester from the floor to ceiling windows that all of our guest rooms have to offer.

I am pleased that you were able to visit Cloud 23 and our leisure facilities during your stay and that you found our food offering to be to your satisfaction.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you a warm welcome and efficient service and we hope that you are able to return to the hotel in the near future.

London, England
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I prefer this hotel and the location to The Lowry, much nicer and much more what you would expect from a good 4* hotel. The staff were engaging, polite and quite informative. It is quite stark and cold but ok. Check in was fuss free and fine. Initially I didn't really like the room but somehow the room and the hotel started to grow on me. The bed was amazing, wonderful linen and so clean. The bathroom was so clean and there was a great tea/coffee tray. The carpet was very clean, it looked like they'd changed the carpets recently. There was no view to speak of or anything interesting to look at in that respect it was all just quite average. I went to read my emails in the lobby. It was absolutely freezing down there and quite unpleasant. while I was there a security man came and asked me to move as "VIPs would be walking through the lobby." to be honest I just wanted to start laughing as it was such a silly thing to hear. As it was, the Manchester City football team minced through the lobby and left very quickly. I wondered why as a guest I was asked to move. Such silliness which would never happen in a 5* hotel. Altogether a very average experience from an average 4* hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I am pleased that the room allocated to you was to your satisfaction and offered amenities to make your stay a comfortable one and that you found all team members to be engaging, polite and informative.

However I am sorry if you felt a little cold whilst in the lobby. I have requested that our Facilities team check the air conditioning temperature in this area as part of their daily checks to ensure that our guests are at a comfortable temperature whilst in the hotel. It has been highlighted that the accessible door to the hotel is allowing the cold air to enter the hotel, and circulate in this area and that this would certainly affect the temperature in these said areas on a cold day.

I am very sorry if you were made to feel uncomfortable whilst in the lobby whilst we did have a group in the hotel this should certainly not deter from your overall experience. We are in the hospitality industry to make our guests feel welcome and you comments have been shared with those relevant to ensure there is no recurrence.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.