Hilton Manchester Deansgate
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$98
$157
$125
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Pendulum Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$72
$59
Agoda.com
$108
$99
4,709 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecloud barpodium restaurantfloor to ceiling windowscocktail barafternoon teahigh floorbirthday treatstandard roomcity centremodern hotelsaturday nightcooked breakfastfull englishfollowing morningstayed for one nightclouds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights for a business conference Nov 12. No wait at check in desk. Room was modern, clean and comfortable. Only issue was a bad smell which I found was coming from the bathroom sink. Fabulous views of Manchester from the floor to ceiling windows (12th floor). Breakfast was good (self service). Business facilities were very good. Meal in the evening was good, better than most when catering for over 100 people. Pool was good, excellent temperature. Steam room and sauna were also good. Changing rooms were quite small though and were crowded if more than 4 people in them. The hotel doesn't have it's own car park but there is an NCP literally across the road (£18 per 24 hours). The sky bar (Cloud23) was great, again with amazing views across the city on all sides. Overall a pleasant stay in a good location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard M
John M, Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

I am pleased that you found the hotel to be suitable for your stay and that you were able to enjoy the panoramic views of Manchester from the floor to ceiling windows that all of our guest rooms have to offer.

I am pleased that you were able to visit Cloud 23 and our leisure facilities during your stay and that you found our food offering to be to your satisfaction.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you a warm welcome and efficient service and we hope that you are able to return to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I prefer this hotel and the location to The Lowry, much nicer and much more what you would expect from a good 4* hotel. The staff were engaging, polite and quite informative. It is quite stark and cold but ok. Check in was fuss free and fine. Initially I didn't really like the room but somehow the room and the hotel started to grow on me. The bed was amazing, wonderful linen and so clean. The bathroom was so clean and there was a great tea/coffee tray. The carpet was very clean, it looked like they'd changed the carpets recently. There was no view to speak of or anything interesting to look at in that respect it was all just quite average. I went to read my emails in the lobby. It was absolutely freezing down there and quite unpleasant. while I was there a security man came and asked me to move as "VIPs would be walking through the lobby." to be honest I just wanted to start laughing as it was such a silly thing to hear. As it was, the Manchester City football team minced through the lobby and left very quickly. I wondered why as a guest I was asked to move. Such silliness which would never happen in a 5* hotel. Altogether a very average experience from an average 4* hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I am pleased that the room allocated to you was to your satisfaction and offered amenities to make your stay a comfortable one and that you found all team members to be engaging, polite and informative.

However I am sorry if you felt a little cold whilst in the lobby. I have requested that our Facilities team check the air conditioning temperature in this area as part of their daily checks to ensure that our guests are at a comfortable temperature whilst in the hotel. It has been highlighted that the accessible door to the hotel is allowing the cold air to enter the hotel, and circulate in this area and that this would certainly affect the temperature in these said areas on a cold day.

I am very sorry if you were made to feel uncomfortable whilst in the lobby whilst we did have a group in the hotel this should certainly not deter from your overall experience. We are in the hospitality industry to make our guests feel welcome and you comments have been shared with those relevant to ensure there is no recurrence.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Spacious, quiet room. Efficient check-in etc. ideal for a business trip. Nice to have a pool for a quick dip. But is is very small. Just as well I was the only one in the pool. But, apart from the small pool, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on business recently. I am delighted that you enjoyed your guest room and that you experienced an efficient check in on your arrival, I have certainly shared this with my team.

I am sorry that you found our swimming pool to be on the small side, the architects built the swimming pool on a cantilever with viewing panels at the bottom of the pool as a feature.

We look forward to your return visit for business or leisure.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I recently visited the cloud bar for a romantic afternoon tea as a special occasion for my wife and I, on arrival in the lobby we were greeted and directed to the lift upto the cloud bar, when we arrived at the bar we were greated by a member of staff who guided us through what can best be described as a building site. We were not informed of any building work being undertaken at any stage from booking to the lady in the lobby.Unfortunately the only seat available was directly next to the partition dividing the building site from the bar, as we were there for a special occasion and we had not visited the hotel previously we decided to put up with the disruption, we did not complain at the time as the staff looked very pressed. On returning home after our weekend I decided to make my complaint formal, at this point my Hilton experience went from bad to worse. I entered my complaint on the Hilton website and the following day I got the obligatory automated response from Veronica in Dalas who said that I would be contacted within the following 3 days. Apparently the Hilton group considers itself to be very efficient with customer complaints. After the 3 days imagine my surprise when I had not had any contact, at this point I contacted Veronica again to be told I had been contacted 2 days previously by someone from Manchester Hilton( which I had not ) so now I was being made out to be a liar. As yet I have had no contact from their customer services and have been left feeling very let down.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank william l
John M, Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your visit to Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I am so sorry to hear of your experience, however unfortunately with your contact details we are unable to confirm if our Guest Assistant Department forwarded your feedback to us to allow us tor reply direct to you.

I am sorry that you are under the impression that we have not replied, therefore I would be grateful if you could forward your feedback to our Food & Beverage Manchester on david.chrime@hilton.com or 0161 870 1772.

In the meantime, please accept my apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you didn’t receive our normally high standard of service.

We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I chose to stay at the Hilton Deansgate when we were visiting a local theatre for my birthday. From the moment of entering the large modern reception/lounge area we were extremely impressed. There were uniformed doormen who offered to take our luggage and the reception staff who managed to remain professional whilst being very friendly. There were 3 large lifts so it is unlikely that you would have to wait long.

Our room which was on the 11th floor was large, modern and very clean and the windows which were floor to ceiling offered the most magnificent view over Manchester City. There was a fridge in the room but the drinks, as is customary, were a tad expensive, however there was an ice making machine by the lifts and an ice bucket was provided so it is possible to have a nice cold drink in your room.

We slept very well and breakfast was a feast. There was a great choice including porridge and the cooked breakfast was very good. The only criticism was that the tables were not cleared so you had to eat surrounded by dirty crockery. I don’t know if the hotel were short staffed that morning or it is the usual practice. The staff also filled your cups with tea and coffee as you wanted it and although this should be a nice touch, it doesn’t really work when there is a staff shortage!

The top floor of the hotel houses a bar called ‘Cloud’ and offers magnificent views and serves cocktails. You have to book a table and it is our only regret that we did not book one for a drink before we went to the theatre as tables go quickly. There is a separate lift which takes you up there and we will definitely visit it on our next visit.

My husband found a deal for our room but we would be happy to pay the full price as we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, we will be returning and highly recommend to others.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your very kind and informative feedback with everyone, we really to appreciate it.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found our facilities, service and team members to be excellent.

Thank you for including us in your birthday celebrations and we are sure that you had a great time at the theatre.

Thank you for recommending us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you next visit Manchester when you may have time to visit Cloud 23.