Hilton Manchester Deansgate
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$98
$157
$125
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Pendulum Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$72
$59
Agoda.com
$108
$99
4,709 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecloud barpodium restaurantfloor to ceiling windowscocktail barafternoon teahigh floorbirthday treatstandard roomcity centremodern hotelsaturday nightcooked breakfastfull englishfollowing morningstayed for one nightclouds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Just back from another excellent stay at the Hilton Manchester Deansgate. My husband stays there fairly regularly on business and a couple of times each year my daughter and I get to go too. Manchester is such a vibrant city with excellent shops and leisure facilities right on your doorstep and the people are so friendly. There is no better place to stay than the Hilton, its modern, smart and wonderfully located. The staff are fantastic and very helpful. We were lucky to stay on the Executive floor; the views from the newly refurbished lounge are breathtaking and whilst we were there we were lucky enough to speak to Sibby a Manchester Blue badge guide who gave us a wonderful insight into Manchester and its history.
This hotel is a great place to stay

Room Tip: Pay that little bit more and have an Executive room its worth it when you get to use the lounge
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Duggan50
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind detailed feedback with everyone, we appreciate it.

I am pleased that you chose to stay with us in one of Executive rooms and that you were able to enjoy the hospitality of the team in the Executive Lounge.

It is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, our service, offerings and indeed our friendly and helpful team members.

I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

It is a while since I have stayed in a Hilton hotel and I was disappointed. Whilst all the main areas were in good condition and the Sky Bar was great. The actual rooms were in need of an uplift especially the bathrooms. Not a hotel i would rush back too I have stayed in a lot better and better value for money in Manchester.

The food was mediocre and the prices high the same with drink prices.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for returning to stay in a Hilton Hotel; it was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

I greatly appreciate your feedback relating to our guest rooms. We have not received many negative comments regarding the repair of our guest rooms; however I can assure you that do have an ongoing preventative maintenance programme which covers all of our guest rooms.

I appreciate that Manchester has many hotels to offer its visitors, however I do hope that you are able to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

My mum managed to get a half price on the spa day experience at the Hilton in Manchester which we went to yesterday. I had a full body massage which lasted an hour and I have to say was the best spa treatment I've ever had. Highly qualified and professional masseuse. However, the facilities at the Hilton are very dispointing. The pool was very small, the jacuzzi was cold, and there were only 2 loungers in the whole place for people to sit on. Its half term at the moment which meant the place was busy with hotel and day guests which meant there was literally nowhere to sit and relax. The showers were also a bit scruffy. We paid £35 for the package which I would happily pay just for the massage but at full price I would have been a very unhappy customer.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Kat E

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with everyone following your Spa experience.

I am delighted to read that you had a very enjoyable time in Spa 303 and the team in the Spa have been made aware of your comments.

I appreciate that our pool is not the largest hotel pool; however, at 20m long it was designed as an architectural feature to compliment the building design.

I can only apologise that you found the leisure facilities to be busy during your visit. I can assure you that the team in Livingwell have been made ware of your comments to ensure that we do not receive any similar comments moving forward.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel as a guest in the future.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We booked afternoon tea at Cloud 23 as a treat for friends visiting from London - It seemed an ideal way to show them Manchester on their whistle stop visit. Tea was booked for 5 adults, 2 lively children and a baby. We received a very warm welcome. The staff were lovely and very accommodating. We arrived 1/2 hour early, but this was not a problem. We enjoyed looking out at the spectacular view and Saeed, the Maitre D, couldn't have been kinder- .pointing out buildings and other landmarks. The newly refurbished setting was luxurious and exclusive but we were made to feel very relaxed. The afternoon tea was delicious too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review following your visit to Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I am absolutely delighted that you were able to enjoy your friends company whilst enjoying Afternoon Tea in the newly refurbished Cloud 23.

I am thrilled that you found all team members to be welcoming and attentive and that they looked after you during your visit. I can assure you that Said has been made aware of your kind words.

I am also delighted that you enjoyed our Afternoon tea food offering.

Thank you for recommending us and I hope that you are able to visit us again soon, when we will have the pleasure of looking after you once again.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

The hotel is impressive on first impression. The lady on reception was very helpful. Our room was on the 10th floor and was very nice it was clean, the bed was comfortable and there was ample space. Some nice touches like the ice machines on each floor and shoe shiners. Wasn't impressed with paying nearly £4 for a bottle of mineral water on the table, at £150 a night it should have been complimentary.
Disappointed with cloud 23 - we were a large group of friends and had booked a table for afternoon tea but the cocktail bar was not open and the only drinks available were champagne, wine or beer. There was no menu of drinks. Later that evening we returned and the cocktail bar had opened but drinks were very expensive. All in all I think it was highly overrated.
Breakfast was very nice with plenty of choice although it wasn't explained to us how it worked or where everything was - cereal was not near the buffet. Etc
I would return to the hotel if there was an offer on, but my expectations would be lower.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review following your stay with us.

I am really pleased that you received a warm welcome to the hotel and that your guest room was comfortable for your needs with ample space.

We are proud of our breakfast offering and I am really pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast prior to departure. The team in Podium do ordinarily offer assistance to our guest on their arrival to the restaurant for breakfast to advise where each aspect of the breakfast is located and I am sorry that you did not receive this on this occasion. This has been addressed with the breakfast team.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the charges applied for water supplied in guest rooms. Hilton Hotels are very transparent with regards to their beverage charges. The rates charged are a Hilton Brand Standard and every UK based property charge the same rates.

The water supplied in our guest rooms is there as a benefit should our guest wish to consume it. We would of course have been more than happy to offer alternatives via our Room Service department should you have so wished.

Thank you for your comment relating to the prices charged in Cloud 23. I can assure you that we are competitively priced with other hotels in the city and we regularly conduct price analysis within the city.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future when you may be able to take advantage of one of the many ‘deals’ that we offer.