Hilton Manchester Deansgate
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$98
$157
$125
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Pendulum Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$72
$59
Agoda.com
$108
$99
Travelocity
4,709 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecloud barpodium restaurantfloor to ceiling windowscocktail barafternoon teahigh floorbirthday treatstandard roomcity centremodern hotelsaturday nightcooked breakfastfull englishfollowing morningstayed for one nightclouds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My mum managed to get a half price on the spa day experience at the Hilton in Manchester which we went to yesterday. I had a full body massage which lasted an hour and I have to say was the best spa treatment I've ever had. Highly qualified and professional masseuse. However, the facilities at the Hilton are very dispointing. The pool was very small, the jacuzzi was cold, and there were only 2 loungers in the whole place for people to sit on. Its half term at the moment which meant the place was busy with hotel and day guests which meant there was literally nowhere to sit and relax. The showers were also a bit scruffy. We paid £35 for the package which I would happily pay just for the massage but at full price I would have been a very unhappy customer.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Kat E
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with everyone following your Spa experience.

I am delighted to read that you had a very enjoyable time in Spa 303 and the team in the Spa have been made aware of your comments.

I appreciate that our pool is not the largest hotel pool; however, at 20m long it was designed as an architectural feature to compliment the building design.

I can only apologise that you found the leisure facilities to be busy during your visit. I can assure you that the team in Livingwell have been made ware of your comments to ensure that we do not receive any similar comments moving forward.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel as a guest in the future.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We booked afternoon tea at Cloud 23 as a treat for friends visiting from London - It seemed an ideal way to show them Manchester on their whistle stop visit. Tea was booked for 5 adults, 2 lively children and a baby. We received a very warm welcome. The staff were lovely and very accommodating. We arrived 1/2 hour early, but this was not a problem. We enjoyed looking out at the spectacular view and Saeed, the Maitre D, couldn't have been kinder- .pointing out buildings and other landmarks. The newly refurbished setting was luxurious and exclusive but we were made to feel very relaxed. The afternoon tea was delicious too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review following your visit to Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I am absolutely delighted that you were able to enjoy your friends company whilst enjoying Afternoon Tea in the newly refurbished Cloud 23.

I am thrilled that you found all team members to be welcoming and attentive and that they looked after you during your visit. I can assure you that Said has been made aware of your kind words.

I am also delighted that you enjoyed our Afternoon tea food offering.

Thank you for recommending us and I hope that you are able to visit us again soon, when we will have the pleasure of looking after you once again.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

The hotel is impressive on first impression. The lady on reception was very helpful. Our room was on the 10th floor and was very nice it was clean, the bed was comfortable and there was ample space. Some nice touches like the ice machines on each floor and shoe shiners. Wasn't impressed with paying nearly £4 for a bottle of mineral water on the table, at £150 a night it should have been complimentary.
Disappointed with cloud 23 - we were a large group of friends and had booked a table for afternoon tea but the cocktail bar was not open and the only drinks available were champagne, wine or beer. There was no menu of drinks. Later that evening we returned and the cocktail bar had opened but drinks were very expensive. All in all I think it was highly overrated.
Breakfast was very nice with plenty of choice although it wasn't explained to us how it worked or where everything was - cereal was not near the buffet. Etc
I would return to the hotel if there was an offer on, but my expectations would be lower.

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review following your stay with us.

I am really pleased that you received a warm welcome to the hotel and that your guest room was comfortable for your needs with ample space.

We are proud of our breakfast offering and I am really pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast prior to departure. The team in Podium do ordinarily offer assistance to our guest on their arrival to the restaurant for breakfast to advise where each aspect of the breakfast is located and I am sorry that you did not receive this on this occasion. This has been addressed with the breakfast team.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the charges applied for water supplied in guest rooms. Hilton Hotels are very transparent with regards to their beverage charges. The rates charged are a Hilton Brand Standard and every UK based property charge the same rates.

The water supplied in our guest rooms is there as a benefit should our guest wish to consume it. We would of course have been more than happy to offer alternatives via our Room Service department should you have so wished.

Thank you for your comment relating to the prices charged in Cloud 23. I can assure you that we are competitively priced with other hotels in the city and we regularly conduct price analysis within the city.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future when you may be able to take advantage of one of the many ‘deals’ that we offer.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed recently 5/10/12 for 1 night for my wife 30th birthday. I'll start by saying the hotel looks fantastic easily the poshest I've stayed in, we were allocated a room on the 11th floor (halfway up) over looking deansgate station & back of the gmex (manchester central). Our room was a queen, mostly clean but dusty by the bed, however nice big LCD tv and the ace floor to ceiling windows. The bathroom was excellent, clean & an above average bath and hot power shower. The health club is cool with a pool that overlooks the shops on deansgate. Also it's really central to manchester only 10 min walk from main shops & bar.
The 12 noon check out was great too so no rushing about in the morning and the breakfast while overpriced was very nice with a great choice of hot & cold food.

The only bad point was the Cloud 23 bar not being open, this did affect our plans for the evening & we only found out the bar was closed when we checked in @ 3.30pm and we were supposed to be meeting up with friends in there at 6.30pm. This was probably why i booked the hilton due to the stunning views over manchester and was really disappointed it was closed. We were sent an email earlier in the week confirming our stay but that email didn't mention the bar was closed for refurbishment which would of been handy. I spent the remainder of the afternoon contacting friends and rearranging our plans for the evening. So that was a big letdown.

• Stayed: October 2012
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review, we appreciate it.

I am really pleased that you found the hotel to be best you have stayed in and that you received good service during your stay.

I am sorry that you were unable to gain access to our 23rd floor Cloud 23 bar during your visit. All of our guests were contacted prior to their stay to inform them of the refurbishments and I am very sorry that our correspondence did not reach you.

I am pleased to be able to confirm that Cloud 23 is now open following major refurbishments for everyone to enjoy.

We are proud of our ‘Hilton Breakfast’ and I am delighted that you enjoyed our offering.

I certainly hope that you choose to stay with us again when your travels bring you to Manchester.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed 1 night with a large group for a celebration.
Booked in Cloud bar for high tea, was told on arrival we could book but still had to queue???? we luckily had an email from them with us and so after arguing with staff managed to get priority access. On arrival in the bar we were advised that the 'bar' was not open yet and that menus were not yet printed. They could only serve wine, champagne or beer. We were not given prices. One of the girls in our party asked if she could order a vodka as she doesnt drink wine or beer, but this was refused and she therefore had to walk to the bar downstairs and bring it up!
We were told 'high tea was £19.95. The bill arrived and we were charged £22.95 plus £3.50 for coffee n tea. When ? i was told that high tea was more expensive at the weekend but they would remove the coffee n tea costs. I had to have yet another discussion about the price before they eventually changed it.
In the bar in the evening we recieved the same poor service, waiting for drinks, incorrectly charged .....
i do not expect this standard of service from the Hilton!!

1  Thank 12Stacey

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your visit to Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I was very disappointed to receive your feedback, and as such, I would be grateful if you could provide us with your telephone number so that we may contact you at your convenience to discuss your experience in detail. Please e-mail our Food & Beverage Manager on david.chrime@hilton.com or 0161 870 1772.

In the meantime, please accept my apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you didn’t receive our normally high standard of service.

We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.